Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › New Cardas Miniplug-to-Miniplug Cable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Cardas Miniplug-to-Miniplug Cable - Page 2

post #16 of 26
I've been pretty happy with my Kimber braided mini/mini, but this Cardas is silly cheap (how can they do that?)! This is gonna be hard to resist.
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD1032
Excellent find, Jude! I will definitely consider this in future mini-mini purchases if I have need of them, like if I get a bad or something. This is a lot cheaper than having a cutom one made by JMT or Norm, and it's probably better quality, too!
JMT's mini to mini is actually pretty awesome, though not that flexible (no experience with Norm's, I assume its the same deal). Still, I am curious how Cardas' offering compares.
post #18 of 26
I just got my Cardas 6" mini-2-mini in on Monday. Nice piece of work for a good price. I'll probably throw a 12" in on my next order from Headroom (shipping for just one cable is kinda pricey).

-Keith
post #19 of 26
Quote:
I've been pretty happy with my Kimber braided mini/mini
I pretty much use a DIY clone of the kimber but at the price of the Cardas contrasted with ordering parts and then assembly time i think my mini-to-mini cable building days are over man.The Cardas is definately a cost effective solution for me personally.

i guess Jude is off the hook and i will not be pressuring him to solder a cable together when it would be ahypocritical if i begin purchasing my own instead of building them.....although.....where is the fun factor in that !

so Judester man,when you gonna borrow that 'iron hmmmm ?
post #20 of 26
Digging up an old thread but figured it'd fit here best.

I just ordered a 6" HPI cable from TR Audio since for $12 shipped I couldn't possibly justify the extra cost and the time it would take for a DIY solution. I finally decided to make my PIMETA portable again so I could take advantage of the much cleaner line-out of my IMP-350 for use with my E2c earbuds. As much as I don't like carrying around a portable amp, I use my portable system so much that I might as well get more out of it. I found the E2c/PIMETA/IMP-350 system sounds really good. The RadioShack 1' straight-mini to straight-mini just doesn't cut it for portable use due to the excessive length and the straight plugs. For $12 I just couldn't see how I could possibly go wrong for a name-brand cable that would suit my needs.
post #21 of 26
I hope they make a 3" variety. I need a super short cable for my ipod and Xin amp which is taped at the back of the ipod.
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortie
I hope they make a 3" variety. I need a super short cable for my ipod and Xin amp which is taped at the back of the ipod.
I'll ask them for you.
Todd R
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovansmith
Digging up an old thread but figured it'd fit here best.

I just ordered a 6" HPI cable from TR Audio since for $12 shipped I couldn't possibly justify the extra cost and the time it would take for a DIY solution. I finally decided to make my PIMETA portable again so I could take advantage of the much cleaner line-out of my IMP-350 for use with my E2c earbuds. As much as I don't like carrying around a portable amp, I use my portable system so much that I might as well get more out of it. I found the E2c/PIMETA/IMP-350 system sounds really good. The RadioShack 1' straight-mini to straight-mini just doesn't cut it for portable use due to the excessive length and the straight plugs. For $12 I just couldn't see how I could possibly go wrong for a name-brand cable that would suit my needs.
My iMP-450's "line-out" is more of a headphone jack. It changes volumes the same as the normal headphone jack. However, recent test show that the line out has more soundstaging. Are you setting the player at 35/40 volume?
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortie
I hope they make a 3" variety. I need a super short cable for my ipod and Xin amp which is taped at the back of the ipod.
Just got the official word that 6" is as short as they come, but they can be had in longer lengths.
TR
post #25 of 26
Thanks Todd!
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450
My iMP-450's "line-out" is more of a headphone jack. It changes volumes the same as the normal headphone jack. However, recent test show that the line out has more soundstaging. Are you setting the player at 35/40 volume?
I can't even set it that high since I don't get much usable volume control out of my amp. 20/40 works okay for me. The IMP-350 has a bad hiss in the headphone-out that is mostly absent in the line-out which is the main reason I want to use the line-out instead. Apparently later iRiver units didn't have that issue but most IMP-350s did.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › New Cardas Miniplug-to-Miniplug Cable