Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Creative Muvo Micro N200 1GB short review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Creative Muvo Micro N200 1GB short review - Page 3

post #31 of 102

transfer line-in encoded files back to PC?

N200 owners: can you transfer line-in encoded files back up to the PC? If so, is there a way to break up recordings (like a vinyl album side) into tracks?

Thanks.
post #32 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Agans
N200 owners: can you transfer line-in encoded files back up to the PC? If so, is there a way to break up recordings (like a vinyl album side) into tracks?

Thanks.
I haven't tried the encoding features, but I'm pretty sure that you there's a setting to automatically break up cd tracks into separate mp3s during encoding. Of course you'd have to see how this works in reality...

I've been playing variable bit rate mp3s encoded using LAME alt-preset-standard with no problems.

The FM tuner on this thing is not as good as some of the other built-in tuners I've used. Compared to my Sony DN-F4000 mp3/pcdp, the N200 is less effective at pulling in stations in New York City apart from the strongest signals. I can't do a direct comparison, but I've pretty sure the the Iriver 799 also did a better job.

I continue to be pleased with the ergonomics of the N200. There's a "rightness" about it that makes it a pleasure to use.
post #33 of 102
davie, so you would recommend the n200 over the tx with fm?
the only difference is the tx has the plug on the body?
there's only a $5 difference at j and r, then the $10 off coupon you find everywhere.
I think I made my choice, the N2000 with recording line in is great for recording songs from a sony PCDP.
post #34 of 102
"I will keep a second cable with my laptop when I carry it around. So not having the port on the device doesn't bother me."

so the cable is some sort of standard cable then? or do you get 2 of them? I was under the impression it was some sort of custom cable they supplied (which would mean you are screwed if you ever lose it).

If agree with the commend about creative stuff being cheap and nasty, always has been which is why I wont ever touch anything by them, but this isnt for me anyway.
post #35 of 102
Evok: I think it has just a USB plug, which is a standard (and the plug for most digital cameras as well).

In my experiance the creative stuff is quite O.K., as I said I own an old Nomad IIc and used it continuously for years. Even severeal drops on concrete floor could not break it.
post #36 of 102
I have a question:

Does anyone know the package content of the N200 or V200 in germany?
The german creative website does not mention a case or belt clip for the N200. If it comes without one I will definetly not buy it!

It seems to be impossible to contact creative in germany, they do not have an email or phone adress - or does anyone know an email adress?

This company really sucks! ...but they make good stuff from time to time
post #37 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadnbutter
I have a question:

Does anyone know the package content of the N200 or V200 in germany?
The german creative website does not mention a case or belt clip for the N200. If it comes without one I will definetly not buy it!

It seems to be impossible to contact creative in germany, they do not have an email or phone adress - or does anyone know an email adress?

This company really sucks! ...but they make good stuff from time to time
Try this number from Germany +353 1 4380000 "Give my regards to the folks in Ireland"

Operating Hours
Mon-Fri : 09:30 - 18:00 (GMT) Sat-Sun & Public Holidays : Closed

I like Creative things, have a few things from them and was never let down!!!
post #38 of 102
Thanks a lot!

I like their gear too, but sometimes they get really on my nerves...
post #39 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewok
so the cable is some sort of standard cable then? or do you get 2 of them? I was under the impression it was some sort of custom cable they supplied (which would mean you are screwed if you ever lose it).
The supplied cable is a standard USB to 5 pin mini USB plug cable. I carry a spare Muvo2 USB cable. This cable is five inches long from tip to tip. Creative only sells it as part of the Muvo2 case.
post #40 of 102
Noone who cares to answer my question?

Please...

"Can anyone tell me how files are organised on this player?

Does it use normal m3u playlists?
Is it easy to organise your songs with playlists?

I'm going to listan to a lot of audio books so I need a good way to organise my files."


/ Havoc
post #41 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc
Noone who cares to answer my question?

Please...

"Can anyone tell me how files are organised on this player?

Does it use normal m3u playlists?
Is it easy to organise your songs with playlists?

I'm going to listan to a lot of audio books so I need a good way to organise my files."


/ Havoc
I don't normally use playlists, but as far as I can tell file organization is extremely rudimentary. Everything is organized in folders by file name, and you only get one directory level below the root.
post #42 of 102
There is no playlist support as far as I can tell. And once you start playing in one folder, the N200 will play to the end of all the folders unless you set a special playmode like shuffle folder and so on. There seems to be no "play one folder only" play mode.
post #43 of 102
I was in J&R today and had a look at the various Creative flash players. The N200 is substantially smaller than the NX. The salesman had never heard of the V200.

I also saw this player from iRiver:

http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/n10.aspx

It was about the size of the N200 but substantially more expensive. It uses a rechargeable battery. Also, check out the odd, "integrated" headphones.
post #44 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by IpaqMan
There is no playlist support as far as I can tell. And once you start playing in one folder, the N200 will play to the end of all the folders unless you set a special playmode like shuffle folder and so on. There seems to be no "play one folder only" play mode.
Do you have good control on the order of playing songs in a folder? Is it aphabethical or something like that? Some players are known to play the songs in an appearantly random order.

/ Havoc
post #45 of 102
I just got an email from creative today concerning the package content in germany. They say that contrary to the information on the website a small case with beltclip is included.

Seems like the customer service is not as bad as I thought - once you get through. I used the support request form with a fake serial number and a fake problem . At least they admit that the homepage is false
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Creative Muvo Micro N200 1GB short review