New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best $100 interconnects - Page 8

post #106 of 141
hey, cool!
post #107 of 141
I just read that the cable used in the ATH-W100 and ATH-W2002 is made of the same kind of copper used in the Outlaws.
post #108 of 141
KWKarth,

How do the Outlaw ICs compare to the DiMarzio MPaths? I have been thinking of trying a pair of the MPaths, as I have a pair of the regular DiMarzio ICs (for the Cosmic) that are pretty good--neutral, but a bit lacking in smoothness in the top end.

I have a pair of Kimber Select 1011s that I LOVE, but they are pretty expensive for a home theater setup. I paid $375 for a .5 meter pair. Are they worth it? Well, they sound GREAT, but I'm just WISHING that I might find something as good for less $$! What do you think, would I be better served by the MPaths or the Outlaws?

Thanks,

David
post #109 of 141
Not know if this will help, but Corey Greenberg of Stereophile states that the Kimber Kable PBJ is "Reference wire you can afford"
post #110 of 141
Quote:
Originally posted by dparrish
KWKarth,
How do the Outlaw ICs compare to the DiMarzio MPaths? I have been thinking of trying a pair of the MPaths, as I have a pair of the regular DiMarzio ICs (for the Cosmic) that are pretty good--neutral, but a bit lacking in smoothness in the top end.
I have a pair of Kimber Select 1011s that I LOVE, but they are pretty expensive for a home theater setup. I paid $375 for a .5 meter pair. Are they worth it? Well, they sound GREAT, but I'm just WISHING that I might find something as good for less $$! What do you think, would I be better served by the MPaths or the Outlaws? Thanks, David
Dave,
Somewhere else in this thread I mention the DiMarzio M-Paths.

The M-Paths are nice and smooth. They image beautifully. Compared to the Outlaws, they sound soft, almost rolled off in the highs.

The OutLaws seem to be more extended on both ends of the spectrum while maintaining perfect balance. They're faster, more open, more transparent, and quieter than the DiMarzios.

Cheers!
post #111 of 141
I hope this is not a dumb question, but does anybody have reason to believe that the 1.8m and .5m cables would sound any different? I really don't need more than the .5, and could get away cheaper that way.

Peace,
BeeEss
post #112 of 141
Quote:
Originally posted by BeeEss
I hope this is not a dumb question, but does anybody have reason to believe that the 1.8m and .5m cables would sound any different? I really don't need more than the .5, and could get away cheaper that way.

Peace,
BeeEss
I have both. They sound the same so far. The 0.5 if any different at all, is better.
post #113 of 141
FYI: The new Outlaw newsletter says the 1.2 meter PCA cables will be available in May.
post #114 of 141
Quote:
Originally posted by JML
My Outlaws arrived today, and I hooked them up tonight.

Kwkarth, thank you!!!!

They're not yet broken in, of course, but I imagine that they're the solution to the solution to any RFI problem relating to interconnect cables or the Corda. When there's no signal present, I hear no hiss -- nothing at all but absolutely, totally, completely dead silence -- when they're in the circuit with the Corda (running out of the Tape 2 loop on my Rotel preamp), regardless of the rotation of the Corda's volume control, from full off to full on. With signal present, the full off setting of the Corda is exactly that -- and as I turn it up, there's nothing but music emerging out of total silence.

Jan Meier's suggestion of better cables is clearly the right solution to the noise problem, and these Outlaw cables show just how superb is the Corda's S/N ratio. The problem isn't the Corda's -- at least in my case, it was the cable I was using.
I wanted to second this comment ... my Outlaws came and obliterated any noise coming through my Corda. Thanks guys!
post #115 of 141

Argh!!!

Argh! WTF Outlaw? I ordered one pair of their ICs for $49.95+$10(shipping) and they charged me $114.90 for TWO times $49.95 (they say that the cables are $49.95 each and not for the pair in the receipt I got) and charged me an extra $5 for shipping (equivalent of 2-day shipping). WTF?!?!?!

And I was just going to post that I'm quite satisfied with their cable, shielding, etc.

I'm going to call them on Monday to get my money back.
post #116 of 141
Mine came in the mail yesterday (bought used, not direct from Outlaw). I wasn't experiencing any noise problems, but they do seem to be a definite improvement over the Audioquest Rubys thatI was using between the D500se and the ZOTL. Considering the Rubys were $50 a piece and I got 6 Outlaw cables for $60 shipped (albeit secondhand), I consider them one hell of a deal. Build quality seems very impressive for the price, and the locking connectors are a nice touch.
post #117 of 141
Mic, it sounds like a classic case of an accidentally doubled website order. You might have inadvertently clicked twice on the page when asked to finalize the order. Or their server might have hiccuped. I'm sure they'll adjust everything -- especially since the site reflects the prices you quote for one pair, and you were only sent one pair! If you have any problem, you can always contest the charges with your credit card company.

Good luck with getting this straightened out.
post #118 of 141

Re: Argh!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mic
Argh! WTF Outlaw? I ordered one pair of their ICs for $49.95+$10(shipping) and they charged me $114.90 for TWO times $49.95 (they say that the cables are $49.95 each and not for the pair in the receipt I got) and charged me an extra $5 for shipping (equivalent of 2-day shipping). WTF?!?!?!

And I was just going to post that I'm quite satisfied with their cable, shielding, etc.

I'm going to call them on Monday to get my money back.
Check the package -- maybe they shipped two pairs (this is in addition to JML's comments)?
post #119 of 141
Nope, just one.
post #120 of 141
I'd really appreciate it if anyone here with Outlaw cables and access to a Little could check to see if there's enough room for both of them on the Little's RCA jacks. My current cables are a hair under 1/2", and there is about a hair above 1/16" between them. I'm a little doubtful the Outlaws will fit if they are 9/16". From what I've heard, the Outlaws have beefy connectors and the back of my Little is a little cramped, no pun intended....wait, yes there is!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: