Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Grace 901 replacement: Grace m902
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grace 901 replacement: Grace m902 - Page 5

post #61 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
Hmm, I have an opa2227 that I don't really need.
Ha ha I like you dude you are funny tell you what. I'll swap you the nordost valhalla for the opamps. Whaddya say????
post #62 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Ha ha I like you dude you are funny tell you what. I'll swap you the nordost valhalla for the opamps. Whaddya say????
Nah, I like my present cables, and I'm sure you like yours.
post #63 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
Nah, I like my present cables, and I'm sure you like yours.
Haven't heard them yet. They are being shipped to me as we speak. They are in the same container as my DCS delius/purcell. Expected to be here on Thursday/Friday. Will post pics soon as they arrive. My grace 901+hd650 should be with me tommorrow/tuesday. My Tri-vista SACD should be here Thursday as well.
post #64 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Haven't heard them yet. They are being shipped to me as we speak. They are in the same container as my DCS delius/purcell. Expected to be here on Thursday/Friday. Will post pics soon as they arrive. My grace 901+hd650 should be with me tommorrow/tuesday. My Tri-vista SACD should be here Thursday as well.
Sensory overload alert! You're ears may not survive the week, congrats on your new setup.
post #65 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
Sensory overload alert! You're ears may not survive the week, congrats on your new setup.
Thanks, I am really excited. Will post pics and impressions. No guarantee the tri vista and the DCS will have good synergy. But if not I will sell the tri-vista and try the DCS verdi transport.
post #66 of 209
Well take it from me, it is possible. I have been an unemployed student with no help from relatives for the last year, and yet have been able to amass the wealth of audio gear I currently have, starting from more or less nothing in that area. So it is possible, you just have to use your brain, get some good luck here and there, and hope for the best. If you're meant to have the new Grace, you'll find a way to it.
post #67 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Well take it from me, it is possible. I have been an unemployed student with no help from relatives for the last year, and yet have been able to amass the wealth of audio gear I currently have, starting from more or less nothing in that area. So it is possible, you just have to use your brain, get some good luck here and there, and hope for the best. If you're meant to have the new Grace, you'll find a way to it.
hehe, i have burned a great chunk of my personal saving in this 9 months. i can't stop myself lol...in fact i am going to get a used VD nite II pc this week.
post #68 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberian
hehe, i have burned a great chunk of my personal saving in this 9 months. i can't stop myself lol...in fact i am going to get a used VD nite II pc this week.
Good luck with that. Just don't overpay so you won't take a hit if you have to resell it. After blind testing against the mere quail I was pretty disappointed, though the physical impressiveness of the VD's cannot be doubted. Perhaps the results in your system will be better. Of course your wallet (or bank account) is hoping against that
post #69 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Good luck with that. Just don't overpay so you won't take a hit if you have to resell it. After blind testing against the mere quail I was pretty disappointed, though the physical impressiveness of the VD's cannot be doubted. Perhaps the results in your system will be better. Of course your wallet (or bank account) is hoping against that
geez, i don't have the cash for a used VD master PC yet...
post #70 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgrace
Thanks for the welcome to this forum. Alot of good discussion going on here!
Michael
It's good to see you here. I've mentioned the place a couple times when talking to your sales folks, but they didn't seem too interested in the audiophile market.. Sigh, makes me feel just like Rodney Dangerfield...
post #71 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpalmer
It's good to see you here. I've mentioned the place a couple times when talking to your sales folks, but they didn't seem too interested in the audiophile market.. Sigh, makes me feel just like Rodney Dangerfield...
I actually got my start in the audiophile world working for a high end amp company. Then I got into recording and wound up in the professional world for a while. I designed the 901 as a selfish project because I needed a good monitoring device for when I am on location recording gigs. With the 901 finding some audiophile users it is refreshing to be back among people who like to sit down and LISTEN to music for fun. In the world of home theaters, Ipods and music as "content" this is refreshing!
post #72 of 209
Will the USB digital input work with linux?
post #73 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello
Will the USB digital input work with linux?
I almost posted something terribly offensive referring to selling my kidneys, but I'll shut up about that now.
Mr Grace, if the answer to the above question is yes, is there any decrease in quality? If not, you've got one helluva product there.
post #74 of 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello
Will the USB digital input work with linux?
Not sure. The USB interface on the m902 is a Burr Brown PCM2902 which uses generic audio codec drivers in windows and mac. It is limited to 16bit/48kHz.
I have tested the interface to be bit accurate with windows 2000/xp and osX (seems to be a little problem with osX at 48kHz though). With the s-Lock PLL any jitter from the USB clocking is basically eliminated. I have not tested it with LINUX yet but would be surprised if LINUX did not have these drivers. I am afraid my experience with LINUX is limited to file server applications but I'll plug an m902 into one of our Red hat boxes and see if it works (and verify that it is bit accurate).
Cheers,
Michael Grace
post #75 of 209
Hi michael does the balanced inputs of the grace 902 use the inverse signal of the XLR connection??? I was just wondering because I have a balanced cable and wanted to utilise it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Grace 901 replacement: Grace m902