Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Singlepower's Response
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Singlepower's Response - Page 6  

post #76 of 211
Mikhail sold his first amp two years ago. The deadline to have a patent application on file with the patent office is exactly one year after an invention has been put into production or otherwise revealed to the public. After that deadline, one loses the right to file a patent on the invention.

If that were done, Mikhail has been entitled to claim "patent pending" status for at least a year now. Funny how he is no longer willing to assert this claim.
post #77 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by braillediver
I only reposted the photos to point out my specific observations and concerns. There is a lot of speculation an innuendo going on. We need to stick to the facts as seen and known. We’d be better off if more people opened up the amps and posted pictures.

Is this representative of what is produced? Are the other amps better or worse than this example?


Here’s an interesting question about having a patent pending.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/gen...es/350087.html

I think we’ll eventually know the truth.


Mitch
Do you all not see who posted this question about patents?
post #78 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcr42
From the master


http://www.passlabs.com/downloads/articles/seclassa.pdf

applies to any amp whether tube or solid state.

you can have Pure class-A,class-A,quasi class-A,class A until Class A/B,full A/B,class H,class whatever.All it means is

when,at what time the actual amplifying device turns on.Pure Class A means it never "turns on" because it is
always on

why do you see a boatload of Class-A/b 200WPC amps but no PURE Class A 200 watters ?

Because you would need to upgrade your house wiring,put it in another room and run a big *ss fan on it just so your house didn't burn down !

obviously an exaggeration but not the first one here
So if my understanding is correct is that why u need 3 phase power outlets to power the biggest krell amplifiers???? Or am I off the mark????
post #79 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillawafer
Do you all not see who posted this question about patents?
What's your point? I think it's useful for him to know that information for future reviews and as it pertains to this situation.
post #80 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by strohmie
What's your point? I think it's useful for him to know that information for future reviews and as it pertains to this situation.
Good point!
post #81 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by akio
i used to think there were very, very smart people on this board who really could deal with these technical terms etc ... but now we see so much dissent within the group. nobody knows what the exact meaning of whatever label ... which further proves that the labels are pointless. from what i understand, dr. gilmore says that past a point basically nothing is pure class a? not even the dynahi? krell?

these repetitive threads have sown a seed - people who we all thought knew everything about amps and could give strait answers are now disagreeing left and right. this leads me to believe that this entire classification process is one big gray area.
I don't see anything wrong with some disagreement that in the end leads to a clear definition of what "Pure Class A" definitively is and why it explicitly does not agree with the claim made on the SinglePower chassis. If you were told, at a moment's notice, to go back and recite verbatim the exact definition of specific terms you might have some trouble -- I know I would. That doesn't mean that because something was written/said incorrectly on a message board that these aren't knowledgeable people.
post #82 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by bln
He wrote it in English, so I don't see the need to provide a translation. You don't get to reinterpret the meaning of his statement.
Are you kidding? A carefully worded statement has no "subtext?"
What amazes me is that a manufacturer makes a statement and people talk about "proof" and questions "put to rest". I have never had any reason to doubt Mikhails word-his dealings w/ me were fair and square. But given the questions raised here I seriously doubt that the naysayers are going to take an interested party's word as gospel. That's the bitch about accusations and innuendo. The proof will be in the pudding and I hope it's there so everyone can shut up and be convinced.
CPW
post #83 of 211
"proof in the pudding".....lol, that's rich.
post #84 of 211
I never talked about "proof" or questions being "set to rest." Wodgy purposely twisted what Mikhail wrote to support his own conclusions. Neither of their conclusions were proven conclusively, but he was wrong to try to distort what the manufacturer wrote.
post #85 of 211
My bad. I'm getting out of this. I don't have any quarrel w/ bln (or anyone else here).
It just seems like there's lots of hypocrisy going on here on both sides. Not you bln.
CPW
post #86 of 211
If I am not mistaken it is from Cervantes: " The proof of the pudding is in the eating", or something like that.

Apropos?
post #87 of 211
I really did not mean to be rude. I'd just never heard the phrase turned that way and found it amusing... I liked it.
post #88 of 211
Haha, how ironic. In that case, the deluxe Maestro is the pudding.
post #89 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpw
Are you kidding? A carefully worded statement has no "subtext?"
What amazes me is that a manufacturer makes a statement and people talk about "proof" and questions "put to rest". I have never had any reason to doubt Mikhails word-his dealings w/ me were fair and square. But given the questions raised here I seriously doubt that the naysayers are going to take an interested party's word as gospel. That's the bitch about accusations and innuendo. The proof will be in the pudding and I hope it's there so everyone can shut up and be convinced.
CPW
So basically are you saying that what is proven or disproven about build quality, reliability, safety, tube class operation, warranty, that people will still not believe it????? Or have I misinterpret you?????

If all of these factors were proven I don't think headfiers would pursue it maybe one or two but for a majority they would move on regardless of the outcome. It's just when there is no definitive word that people want to know the truth whether the allegations are true or false. Please do not judge headfiers in the pursuit, it is the only way to stop this. If they don't ask anything, that's worse because nothing will ever happen to make thing better
post #90 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
So basically are you saying that what is proven or disproven about build quality, reliability, safety, tube class operation, warranty, that people will still not believe it????? Or have I misinterpret you?????
I think we agree.
I was only saying that people will probably not take the word of an interested party as gospel.
CPW
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Singlepower's Response