Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Favorite "One Hit Wonder"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favorite "One Hit Wonder" - Page 7

post #91 of 147
wasn't Berlin's "No More Words" more of a minor hit? i forget... great song though. "The Metro" was also a minor hit, but was played all the time on Modern Rock radio back in the day.

as for A Flock of Seagulls, they also had two minor hits, "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" and "Space Age Love Song" which IMHO is a hundred times better than "I Ran (So Far Away)."

anyhoo... isn't the ultimate one hit wonder "The Macarena?"
post #92 of 147
SSG Barry Sadler- Ballad of the Green Berets
Loren Green-Ringo
Freda Paine-Band of Gold
Johnny Paycheck-Take This Job and Shove It
Falco-Rock Me Amadaus
post #93 of 147
Lipps Inc - "Funkytown"

Funkytown is one of the greatest songs ever recorded.
post #94 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
Falco-Rock Me Amadaus
Falco also had Der Kommisar. That song has one of the catchiest bass lines I've heard.

I cheated and found this site which lists alot of OHWs...
http://www.twin-music.com/lists/vh1/100onehit.html

Edit: I noticed that the list above considers Falco as a OHW, although I disagree since Der Kommisar was kind of a popular song.:-)
post #95 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
Frank Zappa - Please Don't Eat the Yellow Snow
Derek and the Dominoes - Layla
Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee
Johann Pachelbel - Canon in D
? ......It's one hit wonders dude!

mine is "One Fine Morning" - Lighthouse
post #96 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontai69 View Post
Falco also had Der Kommisar. That song has one of the catchiest bass lines I've heard.

I cheated and found this site which lists alot of OHWs...
http://www.twin-music.com/lists/vh1/100onehit.html

Edit: I noticed that the list above considers Falco as a OHW, although I disagree since Der Kommisar was kind of a popular song.:-)
I'll defer to your experience. This was the only one I heard from them. I have heard songs from others listed, just not popular. May be my age (50).

And not fair. Yeah, I guess it is. I am pulling off my music but all's fair
If I have a small view of an artist, please enlighten.

Napoleon- Funny Farm
The McCoys- Hang On Sloopy (Ohio's unofficial State Song)
The Wiggles- Tie Me Kangeroo Down Sport
Walter Egan- Magnet and Steel
Vanity Fair- Hitching a Ride
Taco- Puttin on the Ritz
Sufaris- Wipe Out
Frank Wilson- Last Kiss
Jump in the Saddle- The Curly Shuffle
Strawberry Alarm Clock- Incense and Peppermints
Steve Hunter- Sail on Sailor
Starbuck- Moonlight Feels Right
R Dean Taylor- Indiana Wants Me
The Buoys- Timothy
Ocean- Put Your Hand
The Okaysions- I'm a Girl Watcher
1910 Fruitgum Co- 1,2,3 Red Light
Mistress- China Lake
Max Frost and the Troopers- The Shape of Things to Come
Michael Quatro- Rachmannanoff's Prelude
Max Gronenthal- Get It Straight
Jigsaw- Sky High
Bloodrock- DOA
Brave Belt- Another Way Out
Bobby Hebb- Sunny
Vic Venus- Moon Flight (obscure)
New Riders of the Purple Sage- Up against the wall, you redneck mothers (with due respect to Panama Red)
The Fools- Life Sucks, Then You Die


Terry Jacks also did Billy, Don't Be A Hero
Tony Cary also did First Day of Summer
Brownsville Station also did The Martian Boogie, Lady
Golden Earring did Twilight Zone, Are You Receiving Me, Vanilla Queen
Zager and Evans did In the Year 2525
Mexican Radio (who did the origional?) I've seen Wall of Voodoo, South Park Mexicans, Authority Zero
Don McClean also did Vincent and Castles in the Air
PPL also did Two Lane Highway, Sun Shone Brightly, Pickin to Beat the Devil and a cult classic I'll Fix Your Flat Tire, Merle (If your gonna call the world your home, ya know your gonna have to go out and get stoned, and it's better with a j---t than with a drink, I think)
post #97 of 147
Black -- "Wonderful Life", or maybe two hits with "Everything's Coming Up Roses". I'm extremely impressed by his songwriting: wry sentiments and beautifully bleak imagry. His follow-up album, Are We Having Fun Yet?, was even better, but unfortunately met with zero commercial success.

Gazebo -- "I Love Chopin". He had a second plug "Lunatic" but it sank.
post #98 of 147
Come And Get Your Love - Redbone
post #99 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador View Post
Frankenstein by Edgar Winter.
<3 that song. They also did Free Ride though, which was a pretty big hit I spose.
post #100 of 147
The Wiggles- Tie Me Kangeroo Down Sport


Believe me, the Wiggles have many many hits. We saw them in concert in Columbus Ohio last year. It was like the Beatles for 3 year olds. They are the highest grossing entertainers from Australia - ahead of Nicole Kidman etc etc.
post #101 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMusic View Post
The Wiggles- Tie Me Kangeroo Down Sport


Believe me, the Wiggles have many many hits. We saw them in concert in Columbus Ohio last year. It was like the Beatles for 3 year olds. They are the highest grossing entertainers from Australia - ahead of Nicole Kidman etc etc.
I confess to being ignorant on other songs. I ask you to please share the other hits. Like the wheels on the bus goes round and round?
post #102 of 147
Louis Armstrong - Wonderful World (I dare you to find any guy on the street that can name one other song he's sung).

Armstrong aside, nobody has mentioned.....

BOA - Duvet (aka. The 'Serial Experiments: Lain' song)

Alphaville - Big In Japan. But the song makes about as much sense as watching the last 3 minutes of an episode of 'The Venture Bros.'

Hank: "..... And then the guy from Labyrinth turned into an Eagle and flew away."
Dean: "awww ..... I miss all the good stuff."
post #103 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja View Post
Louis Armstrong - Wonderful World (I dare you to find any guy on the street that can name one other song he's sung).

Armstrong aside, nobody has mentioned.....

BOA - Duvet (aka. The 'Serial Experiments: Lain' song)

Alphaville - Big In Japan. But the song makes about as much sense as watching the last 3 minutes of an episode of 'The Venture Bros.'

Hank: "..... And then the guy from Labyrinth turned into an Eagle and flew away."
Dean: "awww ..... I miss all the good stuff."
Stardust
Ain't Misbehavin
Dream a little dream of me
When the saints go marching in
Hello Dolly
post #104 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post
I confess to being ignorant on other songs. I ask you to please share the other hits. Like the wheels on the bus goes round and round?

Exactly like that. I don't know how many dvds they have produced but they have been at this for 15 years now. They grossed $45 million in 2004. AC/DC grossed $18 million according to this article.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Entertain...489552573.html

As far as "hits" that we would think of, they have none. But they appear to be doing pretty well.
post #105 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMusic View Post
Exactly like that. I don't know how many dvds they have produced but they have been at this for 15 years now. They grossed $45 million in 2004. AC/DC grossed $18 million according to this article.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Entertain...489552573.html

As far as "hits" that we would think of, they have none. But they appear to be doing pretty well.
Then Barney rules! Just ask Ian St. Ian.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Favorite "One Hit Wonder"