Haha, very nice! One of my projects on the horizon is the Aleph J. Where did you find such a monstrous chassis? I'm assuming the sinks reach a nice warm temp in that config.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 640post #9586 of 97817/22/14 at 8:32am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #9587 of 97817/22/14 at 2:47pmQuote:
The Aleph J sounds like a really fun project as well. I am personally really excited for new up and coming F6. Modushop I think recently came out with this chassis. Its a 5U 500mm chassis. I believe that it is the largest one that they sell.post #9588 of 97817/22/14 at 3:35pmpost #9589 of 97817/22/14 at 4:02pm
A couple things. First of all, that should probably be asked in the DIY Cables section. Secondly, there are many people who make very nice cables but no one here will make the nicest. It isn't a competition so please don't make it one. This is for people who want to have a bit of fun building something that can be very satisfying and maybe save a bit of money while we are at it.post #9590 of 97817/23/14 at 4:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Zashoomin
Some teasers. Finished with mounting all 4 boards and 24 mosfets to the heat sinks and all hardware to the bottom of the amp. Now working on the back pannel. Not sure how I am going to drill holes big enough for the for jacks and make a square hole for the iec connector. Anyone have any suggestions?
Simple, build a your own CNC machine, then you can do what ever you want. That's the way I did the panels for this buildpost #9591 of 97817/23/14 at 2:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by KT88
Simple, build a your own CNC machine, then you can do what ever you want. That's the way I did the panels for this build
I acutally wanted to, but I don't have any room to put it. Otherwise I would also have a table saw and drill press in my little apartment as wellpost #9592 of 97818/9/14 at 6:01am
In the serie "00940 has fallen in love with the 40mm galaxy cases", after a dac and a dynalo, here is a 6e5p parafeed amp (as discussed here ).
B+ is a comfortable 270Vdc, the CCS are set at 18mA and the 6E5P settle at 150Vdc. Originally, the transformer was supposed to go inside the main case... but the induced hum was excessive. Hence the external box. Everything said, it's roughly a 300€ build.
Inside:post #9593 of 97818/28/14 at 5:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by sceleratus
Watch all three parts of this tutorial and you will be able to solder anything.
PACE has some great *ancient* training videos on their youtube page, perfect for beginners like me :P
note: some of the stuff is not used anymore/ or is used only during manufacturing but the solder joints and how you apply the solder is the same
Edited by wiak - 8/28/14 at 5:02pmpost #9594 of 97819/12/14 at 1:34pmpost #9595 of 97819/26/14 at 6:29pmpost #9596 of 97819/27/14 at 11:50ampost #9597 of 97819/29/14 at 1:03pm
Congrats, that looks fantastic. If I were to build a SS amp the Dynalo would be at the top of my list. How does it sound with your LCD-2?post #9598 of 97819/29/14 at 4:33pmThanks! With LCD2.2, single ended output with +/-16 supply drives it louder than I'd normally listen. Very clean, neutral, and black background. Not up to the KSA5 single ended though (power wise). Still need to finish my balanced cable to see what it sounds like all out.Quote:
Edited by GrindingThud - 9/29/14 at 4:52pmpost #9599 of 978110/16/14 at 8:12am
Too much stuff in my drawers again, the following build was made without ordering anything.
It's a simple DAC. PCM2707 input, followed by PCM1798 and an opamp I/V stage. The opamps in the I/V stage have class a buffers in their feedback loop to improve performance (see for example: here) and the output ne5532 is biased with a simple jfet ccs. The supplies have two stages: open loop regs for HF crud followed by regular three terminals regs (lm7812-7912 and reg101).
First time I tried to etch a tssop board btw, it's easier than I thought.
- Post pics of your builds....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Music Game IX 18 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear