- 1,171 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 632
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Watch all three parts of this tutorial and you will be able to solder anything.
Thanks, I got some advice from a family member and as it turns out I was doing it almost all wrong. I'm surprised the thing even worked after watching that. Oh well, glad I learned something!
I've been thinking hard for a long time whether or not the Apple mac mini enclosures will do some good as amplification or even dac enclosures, with plenty afloat on ebay, I'm glad somebody finally took the lead for the team.
The hammered stuff goes on pretty thick, I dont think it will scuff easily...the colonial red is just enamel, I'm sure it would scuff without too much effort.
I'd like to know a paint (no powder coat or resort to professional air brush/spray painting services) that is tough to withstand dirty fingers and abrasive materials or the ability to not scuff up easily (gloss black under the sun light).
I'm not much of a paint guy...I stood in front of the spray paint cans at the hardware store for 1/2 an hour trying to get something good...here is my latest finished amp. It sounds pretty darn good.
- Post pics of your builds....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Technics SL-1210MK5 Direct Drive Turntable System and MORE!!! 12 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Earphones 21 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 38 seconds ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-AS800AP: Not to be underestimated 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for the best pair of in-ear headphones in the $100 price range 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)