- 1,376 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Stamford, CT
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 632post #9466 of 978112/10/13 at 6:02pmMy new soldering iron came an I'm hoping for a crack kit for Christmas
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #9467 of 978112/10/13 at 7:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by sceleratus
Watch all three parts of this tutorial and you will be able to solder anything.
Thanks, I got some advice from a family member and as it turns out I was doing it almost all wrong. I'm surprised the thing even worked after watching that. Oh well, glad I learned something!post #9468 of 978112/10/13 at 7:36pmpost #9469 of 978112/15/13 at 2:31pmpost #9470 of 978112/15/13 at 3:49pmQuote:
I've been thinking hard for a long time whether or not the Apple mac mini enclosures will do some good as amplification or even dac enclosures, with plenty afloat on ebay, I'm glad somebody finally took the lead for the team.post #9471 of 978112/16/13 at 5:26pmpost #9472 of 978112/17/13 at 3:46pmpost #9473 of 978112/18/13 at 8:47am
The hammered stuff goes on pretty thick, I dont think it will scuff easily...the colonial red is just enamel, I'm sure it would scuff without too much effort.post #9474 of 978112/18/13 at 8:06pmQuote:
I'd like to know a paint (no powder coat or resort to professional air brush/spray painting services) that is tough to withstand dirty fingers and abrasive materials or the ability to not scuff up easily (gloss black under the sun light).post #9475 of 978112/18/13 at 8:42pm
I'm not much of a paint guy...I stood in front of the spray paint cans at the hardware store for 1/2 an hour trying to get something good...here is my latest finished amp. It sounds pretty darn good.post #9476 of 978112/19/13 at 3:16ampost #9477 of 978112/20/13 at 6:24ampost #9478 of 978112/20/13 at 9:00ampost #9479 of 978112/21/13 at 9:25pm
- Post pics of your builds....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread 6 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 13 seconds ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 20 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear