Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 618
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Team ϟϟ ! Got to give them tubesters a worthy retaliation!
Over 300 parts, 14W power consumption, bandwidth well in megahertz range so some limiting input filter must be used to tame the beast.
Long live Wooden Amps !!!!
Gotta give it up for that build.
Thanks, man! Here's some scarce info on the project - http://sjostromaudio.com/pages/index.php/hifi-projects/129-qrv08-headphone-amp
I've heard that the BOM can be put together for about 250$ on your side of the pond. For me... more like 400$. Still it's very cheap for that kind of an amp.
Oh, and then there's the soldering...
and then there's soldering.... you say.
I have meat hook hands. I was lucky to get 20 odd 0804 components working.
Oh my god, this is beautiful. Just plain gorgeous. I hope it gets a nice enclosure to live in!
I've been bogged down with other projects that I'm working on (particularly a high end electronic-cig driver board with micro controller controlled VV/VI/VW settings and other such fanciness.
I checked out the page you linked for the qrv-08 and I think I'm in love. I was in the beginning stages of designing a high-end discrete SS amp, but looking at this, I think I might give it a go first for education's sake.
Any info, full sized schematics, even better, board layouts would be hugely appreciated, since every image on the site that you linked seems to only be available in low res (I couldn't download the pdf files)
Props to you mate, that thing is such a beast, I love it!
Team SS FTW! (not sure how I feel about the ϟϟ symbol though, its a little too nazi-ey for my liking :p)
Apologies for my typing, I have a pinched nerve in my arm thats really not helping my dexterity at the moment (and also making soldering a total beotch :()
Edited by crispchicken - 8/26/13 at 12:27am
Ha, I'm just pulling everyone's leg with the sieg runes! You should see the faces of some neo-commie guys I've trolled with pictures of old Russian rubles with swastikas printed on them. Both of these are harmless symbols - sieg means "victory" and the swastika has plenty of good associated with it. A real shame that some idiots decided to take them for themselves, but oh well...
Regarding full size schematics and other info - I'm bound by a contract to not reveal them. You can figure out the topology by looking at the small schematic, really. If you can't then the big one won't do you much good. The bom is pretty straightforward as well - I'm sure you could populate the board for 250$ or less.
Tha amp itself is basically two modified diamond buffers stuck together. Due to low psrr it needs extremely clean juice therefore quad shuntregged PSU's are a must. 2/3 of the board are taken up by the PSU's. The real ising on the cake is the current feedback loop - not many audio amplifiers use this.
In any case - I like the sound very much, even more than my Dynalo. Also it;s like 4x smaller than my Dynalo. Now to get a nice box for it. I might actually omit the volume pot because I'm looking to get a Violectric V800 that has digital volume control.
Thanks for writing, Chris! Hope you get your arm situation sorted out!
Amen! I've always loved the look of exotic woods paired up with electronics. Seems stylish and elegant. And woodwork and electronics are two things I'm not afraid to dive into (not so literally! lol).
While metal and wood combinations are sexy, the wood amps really get me!
My wife likes to Bake, I like to build CIEMs, and I think Speaker Cabinets will be something I want to get into as well.
My soldering tip.... really for me the secret is the "Tip." Keep it very very clean and it helps make soldering much easier. Radio Shack sells a tip cleaner ($10).
Edited by FullCircle - 8/28/13 at 4:01am
- Post pics of your builds....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sharing Photos of my Collection 1 minute ago
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help with X-FI Soundcard 2 minutes ago
- › [ SOLD ] : WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 7 IEM Cable 3 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Best Stylish Headphones Under $200 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › How Do I Prove My Head-Fi Allegiance ! 5 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)