Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 618
Team ϟϟ ! Got to give them tubesters a worthy retaliation!
Over 300 parts, 14W power consumption, bandwidth well in megahertz range so some limiting input filter must be used to tame the beast.
Long live Wooden Amps !!!!
Gotta give it up for that build.
Thanks, man! Here's some scarce info on the project - http://sjostromaudio.com/pages/index.php/hifi-projects/129-qrv08-headphone-amp
I've heard that the BOM can be put together for about 250$ on your side of the pond. For me... more like 400$. Still it's very cheap for that kind of an amp.
Oh, and then there's the soldering...
and then there's soldering.... you say.
I have meat hook hands. I was lucky to get 20 odd 0804 components working.
Oh my god, this is beautiful. Just plain gorgeous. I hope it gets a nice enclosure to live in!
I've been bogged down with other projects that I'm working on (particularly a high end electronic-cig driver board with micro controller controlled VV/VI/VW settings and other such fanciness.
I checked out the page you linked for the qrv-08 and I think I'm in love. I was in the beginning stages of designing a high-end discrete SS amp, but looking at this, I think I might give it a go first for education's sake.
Any info, full sized schematics, even better, board layouts would be hugely appreciated, since every image on the site that you linked seems to only be available in low res (I couldn't download the pdf files)
Props to you mate, that thing is such a beast, I love it!
Team SS FTW! (not sure how I feel about the ϟϟ symbol though, its a little too nazi-ey for my liking :p)
Apologies for my typing, I have a pinched nerve in my arm thats really not helping my dexterity at the moment (and also making soldering a total beotch :()
Edited by crispchicken - 8/26/13 at 12:27am
Ha, I'm just pulling everyone's leg with the sieg runes! You should see the faces of some neo-commie guys I've trolled with pictures of old Russian rubles with swastikas printed on them. Both of these are harmless symbols - sieg means "victory" and the swastika has plenty of good associated with it. A real shame that some idiots decided to take them for themselves, but oh well...
Regarding full size schematics and other info - I'm bound by a contract to not reveal them. You can figure out the topology by looking at the small schematic, really. If you can't then the big one won't do you much good. The bom is pretty straightforward as well - I'm sure you could populate the board for 250$ or less.
Tha amp itself is basically two modified diamond buffers stuck together. Due to low psrr it needs extremely clean juice therefore quad shuntregged PSU's are a must. 2/3 of the board are taken up by the PSU's. The real ising on the cake is the current feedback loop - not many audio amplifiers use this.
In any case - I like the sound very much, even more than my Dynalo. Also it;s like 4x smaller than my Dynalo. Now to get a nice box for it. I might actually omit the volume pot because I'm looking to get a Violectric V800 that has digital volume control.
Thanks for writing, Chris! Hope you get your arm situation sorted out!
Amen! I've always loved the look of exotic woods paired up with electronics. Seems stylish and elegant. And woodwork and electronics are two things I'm not afraid to dive into (not so literally! lol).
While metal and wood combinations are sexy, the wood amps really get me!
My wife likes to Bake, I like to build CIEMs, and I think Speaker Cabinets will be something I want to get into as well.
My soldering tip.... really for me the secret is the "Tip." Keep it very very clean and it helps make soldering much easier. Radio Shack sells a tip cleaner ($10).
Edited by FullCircle - 8/28/13 at 4:01am
- Post pics of your builds....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : ) 7 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 21 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 22 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 26 seconds ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › NAD D1050 DAC and headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › What's the difference between a DAC and an Amplifier? 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob