sounds pretty good too. Once my HD650s get here I will do a head to head comparo between the gruBravo and the schiit M/M stack.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 617
Thanks. It's OK for the first build, but there are many things I'll do differently for the next one (one thing being USB hole size, just much too big here). There's not really much to see on the back :)
Yay, thats cute. But, what it is? Looks like an amp and in the bottom there's a DAC?
But hey! I got a DIY amp too! It was done in 2 days (one for the amp itself and one for the case and bracket) a few years ago as my highschool graduating project. It's a simple 2x11W amp into a 5,25" position with in/out on a slot bracket.
It's based on a layout from the 90s so basically you could call it vintage It's horribly built, you move a bit with the bracket's connection cable, and you lose one of the channels, the PCB isn't attached to the casing, and the worst - the PACB is painted to YELLOW! I... I have no idea what made me to paint it to yellow
But I'm heading to re-build it into a better case, remove those useless bass'n'trebble knobs and maybe it will get a battery as power source. Yeah, nice plans, I love doing DIY things but it takes me years to begin.
Edited by Zarrick19 - 8/9/13 at 11:30am
Yes, it's a Bravo tube hybrid on top and a GrubDAC underneath.
Skelvo...I like it
Not a completed build but still...
A board for a stereo buffer based on the old (ancient?) BUF03 buffer. Some may know this as "Aunt Corey's buffered passive pre" or the Pawliw buffer :)
More detailed writeup in my blog :D
I completed the re-cabling the Goldpoint 23 step attenuator using shields. It passed the DMM test......now for music. When the maple knob arrives this afternoon the project will be complete.
Thank you !
I have to put a coat of lacquer on the knob tonight.
The grain should pop more.
- Post pics of your builds....
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 10 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 53 seconds ago
- › Agressive V shaped headphones. 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet Crystal 1 minute ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 4 minutes ago
- › Eastern Electric MiniMax PLUS 5 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 7 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...