sounds pretty good too. Once my HD650s get here I will do a head to head comparo between the gruBravo and the schiit M/M stack.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 617
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks. It's OK for the first build, but there are many things I'll do differently for the next one (one thing being USB hole size, just much too big here). There's not really much to see on the back :)
Yay, thats cute. But, what it is? Looks like an amp and in the bottom there's a DAC?
But hey! I got a DIY amp too! It was done in 2 days (one for the amp itself and one for the case and bracket) a few years ago as my highschool graduating project. It's a simple 2x11W amp into a 5,25" position with in/out on a slot bracket.
It's based on a layout from the 90s so basically you could call it vintage It's horribly built, you move a bit with the bracket's connection cable, and you lose one of the channels, the PCB isn't attached to the casing, and the worst - the PACB is painted to YELLOW! I... I have no idea what made me to paint it to yellow
But I'm heading to re-build it into a better case, remove those useless bass'n'trebble knobs and maybe it will get a battery as power source. Yeah, nice plans, I love doing DIY things but it takes me years to begin.
Edited by Zarrick19 - 8/9/13 at 11:30am
Yes, it's a Bravo tube hybrid on top and a GrubDAC underneath.
Skelvo...I like it
Not a completed build but still...
A board for a stereo buffer based on the old (ancient?) BUF03 buffer. Some may know this as "Aunt Corey's buffered passive pre" or the Pawliw buffer :)
More detailed writeup in my blog :D
I completed the re-cabling the Goldpoint 23 step attenuator using shields. It passed the DMM test......now for music. When the maple knob arrives this afternoon the project will be complete.
Thank you !
I have to put a coat of lacquer on the knob tonight.
The grain should pop more.
- Post pics of your builds....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 43 seconds ago
- › Looking for a decent set of in-ear earphones to be used with... 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 4 minutes ago
- › Is the Sennheiser 650 right for me? 4 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs earphone 4 minutes ago
- › HD 650 price thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › EarWerkz Supra by shotgunshane
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)