sounds pretty good too. Once my HD650s get here I will do a head to head comparo between the gruBravo and the schiit M/M stack.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 617
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks. It's OK for the first build, but there are many things I'll do differently for the next one (one thing being USB hole size, just much too big here). There's not really much to see on the back :)
Yay, thats cute. But, what it is? Looks like an amp and in the bottom there's a DAC?
But hey! I got a DIY amp too! It was done in 2 days (one for the amp itself and one for the case and bracket) a few years ago as my highschool graduating project. It's a simple 2x11W amp into a 5,25" position with in/out on a slot bracket.
It's based on a layout from the 90s so basically you could call it vintage It's horribly built, you move a bit with the bracket's connection cable, and you lose one of the channels, the PCB isn't attached to the casing, and the worst - the PACB is painted to YELLOW! I... I have no idea what made me to paint it to yellow
But I'm heading to re-build it into a better case, remove those useless bass'n'trebble knobs and maybe it will get a battery as power source. Yeah, nice plans, I love doing DIY things but it takes me years to begin.
Edited by Zarrick19 - 8/9/13 at 11:30am
Yes, it's a Bravo tube hybrid on top and a GrubDAC underneath.
Skelvo...I like it
Not a completed build but still...
A board for a stereo buffer based on the old (ancient?) BUF03 buffer. Some may know this as "Aunt Corey's buffered passive pre" or the Pawliw buffer :)
More detailed writeup in my blog :D
I completed the re-cabling the Goldpoint 23 step attenuator using shields. It passed the DMM test......now for music. When the maple knob arrives this afternoon the project will be complete.
Thank you !
I have to put a coat of lacquer on the knob tonight.
The grain should pop more.
- Post pics of your builds....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 17 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 40 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 2 minutes ago
- › how does Analog music sound differently from Digital music? 3 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Squeezebox Touch with TeraDak Power Supply & Squeezebox Boom 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for new cans for commute 5 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)