Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Post pics of your builds....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post pics of your builds.... - Page 595

post #8911 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

I see a huge mouser catalog in the background.... rolleyes.gif
LOL, Hmmm hmmm...

I do apologize good sir but;
I am on mobile and can't read any of the lettering on the background image. I have never used a paper catalog from either mouser or other sites like digi-key to be able to infer the answer to my question from that image. I'm also looking for where he gets "most" of his parts generally(maybe he has a preference) as some projects entail a certain specific seller and others a combination of many depending on parts wanted and/or seller preference. That is separate from the latter question of how much that specific project has cost him. I will withold the rolleyes facie on my end thank u very much, good day. wink.gif

Edit: One of the images seems to have not loaded completely the fist go. Explaines why it was blurry for me when I checked it. Besides that.. I would still like to know where he gets most of his parts and if possible why(first question).
Edited by UnityIsPower - 1/29/13 at 4:46am
post #8912 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


LOL, Hmmm hmmm...

I do apologize good sir but;
I am on mobile and can't read any of the lettering on the background image. I have never used a paper catalog from either mouser or other sites like digi-key to be able to infer the answer to my question from that image. I'm also looking for where he gets "most" of his parts generally(maybe he has a preference) as some projects entail a certain specific seller and others a combination of many depending on parts wanted and/or seller preference. That is separate from the latter question of how much that specific project has cost him. I will withold the rolleyes facie on my end thank u very much, good day. wink.gif


LOL that was a rolleyes face?

I thought I was a "It wasn't me" face all along...

Anyway, my previous post was simply meant as a joke, I wasn't trying to say that was a "stupid question" nor was I trying answer it.

 

 

You can see the mouser logo on the pic on page 593

Speaking of which, I have a few of those from RS components biggrin.gif

post #8913 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


LOL that was a rolleyes face?
I thought I was a "It wasn't me" face all along...
Anyway, my previous post was simply meant as a joke, I wasn't trying to say that was a "stupid question" nor was I trying answer it.


You can see the mouser logo on the pic on page 593
Speaking of which, I have a few of those from RS components biggrin.gif

It says rolleyes in the text editor when I entered it on my iPhone. Yeah, the images sometimes don't completely load for me without reloading the page. It also at times reverts to the top of the page when I'm scrolling: kills me on super long post like the multi-iem reviews, lol. Sometimes want to hit rage mode. Do u have a preferred seller to get your parts?
post #8914 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


It says rolleyes in the text editor when I entered it on my iPhone. Yeah, the images sometimes don't completely load for me without reloading the page. It also at times reverts to the top of the page when I'm scrolling: kills me on super long post like the multi-iem reviews, lol. Sometimes want to hit rage mode. Do u have a preferred seller to get your parts?

Ah I see~

I usually get my parts from RS components because they have a warehouse 40 mins drive from where I live and I could just buy from there.

post #8915 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ah I see~
I usually get my parts from RS components because they have a warehouse 40 mins drive from where I live and I could just buy from there.

I've been looking to get a better soldering iron/station... any u recommend and why? I've been looking at this guy,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004M3U0VU/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1359471846&sr=8-6&pi=SL75
post #8916 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


I've been looking to get a better soldering iron/station... any u recommend and why? I've been looking at this guy,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004M3U0VU/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1359471846&sr=8-6&pi=SL75

I'm not sure TBH, I've been using a Hakko 926 solder station (which is now obsolete) and an old version of the Hakko 900M Iron for as long as I can remember....

I started soldering over 8 years ago and have been using it since then.

post #8917 of 9593
Pst of the padre are from mouser, and I have spent a lot of money on this.
post #8918 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by H22 View Post

Pst of the padre are from mouser, and I have spent a lot of money on this.

Lol @ Pst of the padre.  Sounds like some weird movie title.  I get "most of the parts" from Mouser, too.

post #8919 of 9593

This guy: http://www.circuitspecialists.com/csi-station1a.html served me well for several years (it was $55 back when I got it mad.gif), and was only retired due to getting a ridiculous deal on a "smart" Metcal iron that somehow calculates the minimum heat necessary to solder stuff together.  

post #8920 of 9593
If I may be so bold as to ask the gentleman... What is your age? Also, just how ridiculous of a deal we talking? 20-30, no, 50% off? As well, what is the first thing u ever built? What is your favorite thing ever built? Thanks for the link BTW. Nice avatar pic.
post #8921 of 9593

My current iron is one I got years ago from Jameco electronics, Its an 80 watt digital Xtronics iron, think it was ~$80. They also offered an analog unit that was a bit cheaper.

 

It has served me well for several years.

 

I am looking at buying a new iron for doing work at home, I will be buying a Hakko FX-888 from amazon. I hear nothing but good things about this iron, and it has a lager selection of tips.

post #8922 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by H22 View Post

My current iron is one I got years ago from Jameco electronics, Its an 80 watt digital Xtronics iron, think it was ~$80. They also offered an analog unit that was a bit cheaper.

It has served me well for several years.

I am looking at buying a new iron for doing work at home, I will be buying a Hakko FX-888 from amazon. I hear nothing but good things about this iron, and it has a lager selection of tips.

Yeah, so many good reviews. Think I'll purchase it as well.
post #8923 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

If I may be so bold as to ask the gentleman... What is your age? Also, just how ridiculous of a deal we talking? 20-30, no, 50% off? As well, what is the first thing u ever built? What is your favorite thing ever built? Thanks for the link BTW. Nice avatar pic.

34. 75% off. Mini to mini cable in 2009. First amp was a Cmoy.
The desktop O2 amp with acrylic faceplates that I posted a couple months ago. Hope my current B22 build turns out well enough to become my new favorite. Cheers.
post #8924 of 9593
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post

Lol @ Pst of the padre.  Sounds like some weird movie title. 

haha~ you're right!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post
a "smart" Metcal iron that somehow calculates the minimum heat necessary to solder stuff together.  

Wait... WHAT? new irons can do that?!??!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

If I may be so bold as to ask the gentleman... What is your age? Also, just how ridiculous of a deal we talking? 20-30, no, 50% off? As well, what is the first thing u ever built? What is your favorite thing ever built? Thanks for the link BTW. Nice avatar pic.

As for me, I'm 17

First "real" build was a 2x 10W gainclone amp based on the TDA-something chip.

Favorite build would be the community project I'm currently working on, codenamed "Project-H" (see sig)

 

His avatar is the laughing man logo from Ghost in the Shell.

Speaking of which... I still need to get around watching it....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22 View Post

I am looking at buying a new iron for doing work at home, I will be buying a Hakko FX-888 from amazon. I hear nothing but good things about this iron, and it has a lager selection of tips.

Hmm.. Might get it if my current one ever breaks down.

(but it's showing no sign of breaking even after all these years biggrin.gif)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post


34. 75% off. Mini to mini cable in 2009. First amp was a Cmoy.
The desktop O2 amp with acrylic faceplates that I posted a couple months ago. Hope my current B22 build turns out well enough to become my new favorite. Cheers.

75% off?? eek.gif how much was it?

 

I'll be working on a 4-channel beta 22 in the near future as well, the stuff should arrive in about a week or so....

post #8925 of 9593
Thanks for the info guys! Yeah... Loved the TV series more then any of the movies. The TV format allowed more fleshing out of character and the struggle to define/understand the line(or lack of) between man and machine and its implications. Tachocoma(s) and 2501 FTW.

"We are... an adaptable species. It will not be we who reach Alpha Centauri and the other nearby stars. It will be a species very like us, but with more of our strengths, and fewer of our weaknesses; more confident, farseeing, capable and prudent." -Carl Sagan

I enjoyed Ghost in the Shell as much as the next guy but hope we do not form such a future.

"The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century. The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity."

Pipe dream? Maybe. The further improvement to our moral landscape gives me some hope. Baby steps my dear Watson.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Post pics of your builds....