Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Post pics of your builds....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post pics of your builds.... - Page 594

post #8896 of 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Wow! This has got to be one of the most cramped PCBs I've ever seen!

Very nice!

 

Is is just me or does the PCB look completely different from the outline?

 

The populated PCB looks different from the schematic to me as well.  Must have been fun soldering everything in such close proximity to each other. 

post #8897 of 9663

You guys are missing the daughter board that's sitting up vertical in the middle of the larger PCB.wink.gif

 

It's definitely nice work - love to see a packed case!

post #8898 of 9663

You guys are right. The board in the first picture is his first version, shown beside the outline of his second version.

 

Yes his second version is actually larger than the first one. We're still trying to talk him out of it.

 

tongue.gif

 

The best part is, has tomb pointed out, that he's got 2 daughter boards sitting vertically in the middle of the main circuit. All that to cram more SMT components into a small volume. Because if there's still empty space somewhere, it's wasted space. Which is why I personally find it silly that after all that work, he went for a larger design.

post #8899 of 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimLaroux View Post

You guys are right. The board in the first picture is his first version, shown beside the outline of his second version.

 

Yes his second version is actually larger than the first one. We're still trying to talk him out of it.

 

tongue.gif

 

The best part is, has tomb pointed out, that he's got 2 daughter boards sitting vertically in the middle of the main circuit. All that to cram more SMT components into a small volume. Because if there's still empty space somewhere, it's wasted space. Which is why I personally find it silly that after all that work, he went for a larger design.

Yeah - you're right - I missed the 2nd daughter board until I saw the pics in the other thread. wink.gif

post #8900 of 9663


A tad primitive but it gets the job done biggrin.gif
post #8901 of 9663

NO KNOB?

post #8902 of 9663

Built a 2-channel buffered amp with no virtual ground, utilizing a voltage inverter charge pump TPS60403.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Battery and amp fits inside a hammond 1455C801 casing
post #8903 of 9663
That outline is a different layout I am working on, to allow for a larger battery.
post #8904 of 9663
You guys are right. The board in the first picture is his first version, shown beside the outline of his second version.

Yes his second version is actually larger than the first one. We're still trying to talk him out of it.





Not quite accurate, the second board design ( the outline in the pic) will not be any larger when finished than the current board. It simply allows for a larger battery at the expense of slightly less room on the PCB for op amp power rail caps. There are two daughter boards, one has the op amps and most of the feedback resistors, the other has most of the discrete buffer components. It is a very compact design.
post #8905 of 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeWolf View Post

NO KNOB?

Too expensive....
post #8906 of 9663
There is a larger case I could use;



But the only real advantage it has would be to allow for a 4 cell battery pack. I doubt I will use it. Hopefully I will be putting another amp together this week. I will try to get better pics of the assembly process.

Next PCB order will be an updated design very similar to the boards in the pictures, as well as one similar to the print out in the first pic. The new boards will have removable op amp daughter boards as well ;-)

Next step will be designing the front panel with FPE.

Joe
post #8907 of 9663


Few more pics...
post #8908 of 9663


Little better pic of the case and plastic chop job of a FP, AA sized battery to show some scale.
post #8909 of 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by H22 View Post



Little better pic of the case and plastic chop job of a FP, AA sized battery to show some scale.
Where do you purchase most of the electrical components? How much have you spent on that project so far?
post #8910 of 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

Where do you purchase most of the electrical components? How much have you spent on that project so far?

I see a huge mouser catalog in the background.... rolleyes.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Post pics of your builds....