Drat! I was so close! :p
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
They are re-branded Takstar Pro's with a mic attachment. Very good pair of headphones for the price, readily available and frequently on sale even here in Canada. The bass on these is...
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 582
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #8717 of 97817/20/12 at 11:18am
Most recent build of my TPA6120/PGA2320 LiPo powered desktop/portable - features relay on/off pop suppression and is fully DC coupled with servo. Charging is constant current/constant voltage. Three buttons - right: vol. up and wake from sleep, left:vol. down middle: select left, right or both channels controlled. The display and CPU sleep after ~10 sec to save power.
Not too easy photographing black objects...
wpost #8718 of 97817/20/12 at 11:57am
indeed Nebby, very close! I think theyve discontinued the coated 6.5" a little while ago, with only NOS and the 15W version still available.
So pumped to get this system finished, in the home stretch now! just need to put aside a little bit more coin for the last 3 milled panels for the amp chassis and a new dac chassis to account for more channels. for now i'll just hang everything for the amps off the 2 x MF35-151 conrad sinks
the beaglebone control interface/MCU will take a while, but the system will work without it. I just wouldnt trust someone else to turn it on/off in the correct sequence
nice work wakibaki, is there a dac in there too? portable? even I call my rig transportable. but i'm not going to tell you youre crazy, having superb sound on the go, even if its in a manbag to take on long-haul flights or work trips, is definitely a tool of sanity for me
Edited by qusp - 7/20/12 at 12:03pmpost #8719 of 97817/20/12 at 1:21pm
Thanks. No DAC I'm afraid qusp. All-up weight is 432g or very close to 1lb. Longest dimension is 4 inches. There's no room to fit in a DAC as the main board has components on both sides and some of the area is given over to cooling.
Obviously it's not going to fit in a shirt pocket. Against this you have to weigh a rail-to-rail swing of 25.2V fully charged or with the wallwart connected. The batteries mean that there is a huge current reserve for transient performance when operated as a desktop. Endurance is 12 hours+. The relay to control on/off pop imposes an inescapable current drain but means that phones are protected in all circumstances since the DC servo is also arranged to cause the relay to drop out if any offset (including input) exceeds the servo authority.
Air-core inductors at the output mean the TPA6120's output impedance is not compromised. Maximum output current is 700mA with thermal limiting, although the wallwart charge circuit limit is set to 150mA.
Worst case output offset is 0.12mV with the OPA2277 servo.
Volume control from 0-255 represents a gain range from -89.5dB to 37.5dB in 0.5dB steps as currently configured.
I suppose I might get a DAC in if I went to 4 layers, but it'd push the cost up quite a lot. It's really intended for use with a DAP. I just wish I had an AP analyzer to confirm that it performs up to the chips' capabilities, but I've done my best with with what I've got. Distortion should be below audible.
Edited by wakibaki - 7/29/12 at 2:19pmpost #8720 of 97817/20/12 at 10:57pm
Wow, some crazy stuff here. I was tempted to post my miniUSB grubDAC just to be a troll, but I decided not to. I also don't have pictures and I'm too lazy to take pictures. Lol. It's bad enough I have to take pictures of every damn cable. :/post #8721 of 97817/20/12 at 11:29pmQuote:
tell me about it …
Edited by qusp - 7/20/12 at 11:42pmpost #8722 of 97817/29/12 at 1:48amQuote:Originally Posted by fault151
Hi guys here is my B22 Balanced Headphone Amplifier.
Features of the amp are:
Balanced headphone amp/Single Ended
6mm thick panels
Joshua Tree stepped attenuator
Custom switching board for headphones/speakers (by MrMajestic)
Bulgin switches (1 illuminated, 2 for switching headphones/speakers, balanced/unbalanced)
Custom Volume knob
Illuminated countersunk volume knob
Great bro!) Fantastic!) Welcome to Israel bro!) Im painter & designer too. Thanks for your art work B22!)post #8723 of 97818/5/12 at 1:18pmpost #8724 of 97818/5/12 at 9:09pmpost #8725 of 97818/17/12 at 8:59am
Here's a recent build of a prototype of the PupDAC. Had to wait for panels from Front Panel Express and was away for a bit. My calculations for panels were mostly correct with the exception of the USB jack and LED hole which are both slightly off. Everything still works though.post #8726 of 97818/17/12 at 9:07ampost #8727 of 97818/18/12 at 5:40pmpost #8728 of 97818/18/12 at 11:04pm
It's Cobaltmute's long standing project finally coming to fruition and subsequently coming in kit form on Beezar. I'd say it's definitely in the same ball park as a Pico. It sounds quite nice I must say.post #8729 of 97818/18/12 at 11:37pmpost #8730 of 97818/19/12 at 8:33am
I think the crowd here isn't a big fan of the white cathode follower topology. Anyway here is my new tube amp :
(µ-follower and white cathode follower using only ECC88)
Pic of the inside (a bit messy)
Background noise and parasites seem to be down enough. Curiously swapping tubes helped reduce them.I think the batch of ECC88 I bought is faulty, but maybe they are 6N23P since "CCCP" is written all over them :p
Edited by bidoux - 8/19/12 at 8:36am
- Post pics of your builds....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 9 seconds ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 5 minutes ago
- › Duna dn2000 or something else? 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Brainwavz B150 by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear