Drat! I was so close! :p
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 582
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Most recent build of my TPA6120/PGA2320 LiPo powered desktop/portable - features relay on/off pop suppression and is fully DC coupled with servo. Charging is constant current/constant voltage. Three buttons - right: vol. up and wake from sleep, left:vol. down middle: select left, right or both channels controlled. The display and CPU sleep after ~10 sec to save power.
Not too easy photographing black objects...
indeed Nebby, very close! I think theyve discontinued the coated 6.5" a little while ago, with only NOS and the 15W version still available.
So pumped to get this system finished, in the home stretch now! just need to put aside a little bit more coin for the last 3 milled panels for the amp chassis and a new dac chassis to account for more channels. for now i'll just hang everything for the amps off the 2 x MF35-151 conrad sinks
the beaglebone control interface/MCU will take a while, but the system will work without it. I just wouldnt trust someone else to turn it on/off in the correct sequence
nice work wakibaki, is there a dac in there too? portable? even I call my rig transportable. but i'm not going to tell you youre crazy, having superb sound on the go, even if its in a manbag to take on long-haul flights or work trips, is definitely a tool of sanity for me
Edited by qusp - 7/20/12 at 12:03pm
Thanks. No DAC I'm afraid qusp. All-up weight is 432g or very close to 1lb. Longest dimension is 4 inches. There's no room to fit in a DAC as the main board has components on both sides and some of the area is given over to cooling.
Obviously it's not going to fit in a shirt pocket. Against this you have to weigh a rail-to-rail swing of 25.2V fully charged or with the wallwart connected. The batteries mean that there is a huge current reserve for transient performance when operated as a desktop. Endurance is 12 hours+. The relay to control on/off pop imposes an inescapable current drain but means that phones are protected in all circumstances since the DC servo is also arranged to cause the relay to drop out if any offset (including input) exceeds the servo authority.
Air-core inductors at the output mean the TPA6120's output impedance is not compromised. Maximum output current is 700mA with thermal limiting, although the wallwart charge circuit limit is set to 150mA.
Worst case output offset is 0.12mV with the OPA2277 servo.
Volume control from 0-255 represents a gain range from -89.5dB to 37.5dB in 0.5dB steps as currently configured.
I suppose I might get a DAC in if I went to 4 layers, but it'd push the cost up quite a lot. It's really intended for use with a DAP. I just wish I had an AP analyzer to confirm that it performs up to the chips' capabilities, but I've done my best with with what I've got. Distortion should be below audible.
Edited by wakibaki - 7/29/12 at 2:19pm
Wow, some crazy stuff here. I was tempted to post my miniUSB grubDAC just to be a troll, but I decided not to. I also don't have pictures and I'm too lazy to take pictures. Lol. It's bad enough I have to take pictures of every damn cable. :/
tell me about it …
Edited by qusp - 7/20/12 at 11:42pm
Hi guys here is my B22 Balanced Headphone Amplifier.
Features of the amp are:
Balanced headphone amp/Single Ended
6mm thick panels
Joshua Tree stepped attenuator
Custom switching board for headphones/speakers (by MrMajestic)
Bulgin switches (1 illuminated, 2 for switching headphones/speakers, balanced/unbalanced)
Custom Volume knob
Illuminated countersunk volume knob
Great bro!) Fantastic!) Welcome to Israel bro!) Im painter & designer too. Thanks for your art work B22!)
Here's a recent build of a prototype of the PupDAC. Had to wait for panels from Front Panel Express and was away for a bit. My calculations for panels were mostly correct with the exception of the USB jack and LED hole which are both slightly off. Everything still works though.
It's Cobaltmute's long standing project finally coming to fruition and subsequently coming in kit form on Beezar. I'd say it's definitely in the same ball park as a Pico. It sounds quite nice I must say.
I think the crowd here isn't a big fan of the white cathode follower topology. Anyway here is my new tube amp :
(µ-follower and white cathode follower using only ECC88)
Pic of the inside (a bit messy)
Background noise and parasites seem to be down enough. Curiously swapping tubes helped reduce them.I think the batch of ECC88 I bought is faulty, but maybe they are 6N23P since "CCCP" is written all over them :p
Edited by bidoux - 8/19/12 at 8:36am
- Post pics of your builds....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 1 minute ago
- › RHA DAC/AMP M1 2 minutes ago
- › VE RUNABOUT Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-1000 gone... replacement recommendation? 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 6 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp 1 & CL1 Ceramic 6 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 6 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...