Drat! I was so close! :p
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Apogee Duet with custom break out cable Last post on 10/5/11 at 9:41am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Old (possibly original) Little Dot? Last post on 7/23/10 at 2:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I use the pico slim as a semi desktop amp? Last post on 7/16/10 at 3:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- So I need help choosing an amp... Last post on 9/6/10 at 11:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
Post pics of your builds.... - Page 582
Most recent build of my TPA6120/PGA2320 LiPo powered desktop/portable - features relay on/off pop suppression and is fully DC coupled with servo. Charging is constant current/constant voltage. Three buttons - right: vol. up and wake from sleep, left:vol. down middle: select left, right or both channels controlled. The display and CPU sleep after ~10 sec to save power.
Not too easy photographing black objects...
indeed Nebby, very close! I think theyve discontinued the coated 6.5" a little while ago, with only NOS and the 15W version still available.
So pumped to get this system finished, in the home stretch now! just need to put aside a little bit more coin for the last 3 milled panels for the amp chassis and a new dac chassis to account for more channels. for now i'll just hang everything for the amps off the 2 x MF35-151 conrad sinks
the beaglebone control interface/MCU will take a while, but the system will work without it. I just wouldnt trust someone else to turn it on/off in the correct sequence
nice work wakibaki, is there a dac in there too? portable? even I call my rig transportable. but i'm not going to tell you youre crazy, having superb sound on the go, even if its in a manbag to take on long-haul flights or work trips, is definitely a tool of sanity for me
Edited by qusp - 7/20/12 at 12:03pm
Thanks. No DAC I'm afraid qusp. All-up weight is 432g or very close to 1lb. Longest dimension is 4 inches. There's no room to fit in a DAC as the main board has components on both sides and some of the area is given over to cooling.
Obviously it's not going to fit in a shirt pocket. Against this you have to weigh a rail-to-rail swing of 25.2V fully charged or with the wallwart connected. The batteries mean that there is a huge current reserve for transient performance when operated as a desktop. Endurance is 12 hours+. The relay to control on/off pop imposes an inescapable current drain but means that phones are protected in all circumstances since the DC servo is also arranged to cause the relay to drop out if any offset (including input) exceeds the servo authority.
Air-core inductors at the output mean the TPA6120's output impedance is not compromised. Maximum output current is 700mA with thermal limiting, although the wallwart charge circuit limit is set to 150mA.
Worst case output offset is 0.12mV with the OPA2277 servo.
Volume control from 0-255 represents a gain range from -89.5dB to 37.5dB in 0.5dB steps as currently configured.
I suppose I might get a DAC in if I went to 4 layers, but it'd push the cost up quite a lot. It's really intended for use with a DAP. I just wish I had an AP analyzer to confirm that it performs up to the chips' capabilities, but I've done my best with with what I've got. Distortion should be below audible.
Edited by wakibaki - 7/29/12 at 2:19pm
Wow, some crazy stuff here. I was tempted to post my miniUSB grubDAC just to be a troll, but I decided not to. I also don't have pictures and I'm too lazy to take pictures. Lol. It's bad enough I have to take pictures of every damn cable. :/
tell me about it …
Edited by qusp - 7/20/12 at 11:42pm
Hi guys here is my B22 Balanced Headphone Amplifier.
Features of the amp are:
Balanced headphone amp/Single Ended
6mm thick panels
Joshua Tree stepped attenuator
Custom switching board for headphones/speakers (by MrMajestic)
Bulgin switches (1 illuminated, 2 for switching headphones/speakers, balanced/unbalanced)
Custom Volume knob
Illuminated countersunk volume knob
Great bro!) Fantastic!) Welcome to Israel bro!) Im painter & designer too. Thanks for your art work B22!)
Here's a recent build of a prototype of the PupDAC. Had to wait for panels from Front Panel Express and was away for a bit. My calculations for panels were mostly correct with the exception of the USB jack and LED hole which are both slightly off. Everything still works though.
It's Cobaltmute's long standing project finally coming to fruition and subsequently coming in kit form on Beezar. I'd say it's definitely in the same ball park as a Pico. It sounds quite nice I must say.
I think the crowd here isn't a big fan of the white cathode follower topology. Anyway here is my new tube amp :
(µ-follower and white cathode follower using only ECC88)
Pic of the inside (a bit messy)
Background noise and parasites seem to be down enough. Curiously swapping tubes helped reduce them.I think the batch of ECC88 I bought is faulty, but maybe they are 6N23P since "CCCP" is written all over them :p
Edited by bidoux - 8/19/12 at 8:36am
- Post pics of your builds....
- › Matrix Mini-I (balanced output) 5 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 seconds ago
- › Is Chord Mojo any good for my setup? 28 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...