Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Post pics of your builds....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post pics of your builds.... - Page 263

post #3931 of 9592
Is the pimeta a good step up after a CMOY?
post #3932 of 9592
Depends what you want from your amp. It's definitely a right way to go if you want to learn about the components of amps, their function, etc. Don't overlook the mini^3 though. Or some desktop amps...
post #3933 of 9592
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx_23 View Post
Is the pimeta a good step up after a CMOY?
I found it easy and actually fun to build. its nice and compact (which I like) and sounds very very close to the bigger amps.

its not expensive to build. its good experience. go for it
post #3934 of 9592
Is there anyplace that sells a complete kit?

I'm looking at Pimeta or mini3, but worried about SMD.
post #3935 of 9592
guys, this is a gallery.
post #3936 of 9592
Yep, and I was waiting for my damn photos to finish uploading.

Managed to find a case big enough to mount 2 9V batteries for another CMOY build. 3 CMOYs in, I think I'm ready to build something else now. Going to add a DC jack to one of my earlier single 9V builds as well.









post #3937 of 9592
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx_23 View Post
Yep, and I was waiting for my damn photos to finish uploading.

Managed to find a case big enough to mount 2 9V batteries for another CMOY build. 3 CMOYs in, I think I'm ready to build something else now. Going to add a DC jack to one of my earlier single 9V builds as well.



Any reason for orienting your batteries on their sides? It seems you could have flattened them down and moved the power switch to the left just a tad bit. But I dunno...

They look good though. I'm thinking of making another Cmoy, just so I can have it in a mint tin. I feel like the serpac enclosure I use is a bit overkill/big for the size of the amp. Maybe I'll just move it to another case...
I'll post my pictures as soon as I've got a digi cam available (i.e. when I get home next week).
post #3938 of 9592
I'm considering adding a DC jack opposite to the power switch. Also, the switch helps keeps the batteries down one end, and having them in that orientation allowed more room to work with for future upgrades/repairs.
post #3939 of 9592
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx_23 View Post
I'm considering adding a DC jack opposite to the power switch. Also, the switch helps keeps the batteries down one end, and having them in that orientation allowed more room to work with for future upgrades/repairs.
you should save your money and build a PIMETA. Its like the next step...here's one I built a couple of years ago. It features a top secret fast charger board and the amp sounds fantastic... there is a few more pics in my sig
post #3940 of 9592
my first AMB gamma1 DAC is built:















post #3941 of 9592
linuxworks,
beautiful work...thanks for the excellent photographs
post #3942 of 9592
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixr View Post
you should save your money and build a PIMETA. Its like the next step...here's one I built a couple of years ago. It features a top secret fast charger board and the amp sounds fantastic... there is a few more pics in my sig
I want to build one, but would rather buy a complete kit since parts sourcing is a bitch in Australia.
post #3943 of 9592
post #3944 of 9592
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASantos View Post
Wonderful pictures,

what camera do you use?
You can see the camera used in the EXIF info: Olympus E-3

linuxworks, great pics, as usual!
post #3945 of 9592
thanks guys.

yes, I shoot oly gear these days. e3 for my main body and sometimes e510 or e330 for backup.

that lens is one of the sharpest in any brand (the zuiko digital 50mm f2.0 macro).

I do quite a bit of PP (post processing) to clean up light levels, sharpening and sometimes even noise reduction (neatimage).

cheers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Post pics of your builds....