Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Post pics of your builds....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post pics of your builds.... - Page 258

post #3856 of 9663
Finished it.

UPOCC two strands internal wiring, Gold plated copper RCA's, and Charging. It is wood dock with plastic top insert.


post #3857 of 9663
Is that for personal use or a future product?
post #3858 of 9663
That's pretty cool.

I made one with an altoids tin that does the same thing.

However, I used the USB power input pins to apply 5 volts. The problem is my 5.5g charges fine but I tried a friends classic and it didn't work. Which pins did you use for 5 volts/com?
post #3859 of 9663
Its personal use.

I got sick of using the cable solution and couldn't find any nice looking docks in my price range. The charging is a major plus and one drawback I always had with the iPod > RCA solution.

I used the firewire power pin for charging. 12V gets it done faster and is on pins 19+20 here and 12V power supplies are a dime a dozen with most being the connector size I need. It uses an angled iPod dock with PCB spreader so it can handle more abuse rather than just using the pins directly.
post #3860 of 9663
Wicked, that looks really nice.
post #3861 of 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Germania=- View Post
Its personal use.

I got sick of using the cable solution and couldn't find any nice looking docks in my price range. The charging is a major plus and one drawback I always had with the iPod > RCA solution.

I used the firewire power pin for charging. 12V gets it done faster and is on pins 19+20 here and 12V power supplies are a dime a dozen with most being the connector size I need. It uses an angled iPod dock with PCB spreader so it can handle more abuse rather than just using the pins directly.
Do you have a link to the dock?
post #3862 of 9663
You can get spreader PCB's, DC jacks, and angled iPod connectors from Ridax

iPod/iPhone Dock Connector ordering
post #3863 of 9663


post #3864 of 9663
Nice!
post #3865 of 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Germania=- View Post
You can get spreader PCB's, DC jacks, and angled iPod connectors from Ridax

iPod/iPhone Dock Connector ordering
Which parts did you use from Ridax? "U" and "RD", or a "SK

I don't want to build this exactly, but I want to incorporate an iPod dock into an amp case.
post #3866 of 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård View Post


Look neat!
But is that a stand or a dock?
post #3867 of 9663
lovely

how are you going to stain it?
post #3868 of 9663
The combo you would need is U. in combination with Ma.

Though if you want a more featured board setup with possible USB connection get their Dev board for an extra $5.
post #3869 of 9663
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Germania=- View Post
The combo you would need is U. in combination with Ma.

Though if you want a more featured board setup with possible USB connection get their Dev board for an extra $5.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if MA would work. I like the looks of the RD board. It offers a lot of potential. Remote control might be useful, but my intended application is just sitting on my desk, so I'm unsure how useful. It might put less strain on the dock then having to push buttons on the iPod to change music though.

And was the plastic insert just scavenged from another dock?
post #3870 of 9663
Just use the dock adapter that came with your ipod or take apart one of those cheap docks from fleabay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › Post pics of your builds....