Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › What headfi member seems mysterious to you and why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What headfi member seems mysterious to you and why? - Page 3

post #31 of 84
"D-EJ915
He...or is it she...is a...
...Headphoneus Supremus"

i'm still not clear on this...
post #32 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I think Jude should "contribute" something to head-fi "textually" I appreciate that he has to run the place financially and I understand what a busy man he is making money but a few words wouldn't go astray. After all, Jude started head-fi and if he doesn't have the time or passion to contribute these days then what's it all about ?
I really wouldn't start discussing anyone's textual orientation in public, let alone the guy who pays the bills.

Perhaps his new son might taking up a bit of time as well.
post #33 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by strohmie
If I had to say anyone it would be good old AIM9X. Just because I've always been highly curious as to what type of stick was lodged so far up his @$$...
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.....................A classic!
post #34 of 84
-nevermind-
post #35 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I think Jude should "contribute" something to head-fi "textually" I appreciate that he has to run the place financially and I understand what a busy man he is making money but a few words wouldn't go astray. After all, Jude started head-fi and if he doesn't have the time or passion to contribute these days then what's it all about ?
Mike, as I've told you in PM, after you said the same thing to me there, I work 80 to 100 hours each and every week, I'm married, and just had a new son (in May). Between my work responsibilities, much of the time I can dedicate to Head-Fi ends up being administrative in nature -- this happens on a lot of busy forums. For you to question my passion to "contribute" is unfair. I don't feel I should have to answer to you or anyone else about what I do with my time. I spend a lot of time with Head-Fi related tasks just about every single day, and check in on the site and my related messages at every opportunity (which is sometimes not as often as I'd like, but that's just how it is). When I'm out driving, if I'm not on the phone with work-related issues, many Head-Fi'ers here will tell you that I talk to them on the phone regularly. I probably get more Head-Fi-related e-mails and PM's than anyone here on a daily basis -- more than I can keep up with -- and much of what little Head-Fi time I have gets devoted to that.

There are some new headphone hi-fi things -- like the new AKG HEARO 999 system, the Beyer DT880 (which isn't new, but pretty much is with me), the new HeadRoom Reference Module, and a couple of other things -- that I'll post about when I can.

It's 19:36 in my timezone now, and I am actually at a client's office on a break, and this his how I came across this post. My baby son will be asleep by 21:00, and I'm over an hour from home, and still not done here. Assuming I catch him before he goes to bed, then I'll spend what time I have to spend with him with him. After that, I'll hang out with my wife. After that, I've got more work to do, probably until well after all of my neighbors have gone to bed. After that, I'll check into Head-Fi and see what's going on right before I go to bed. This is just how my days can be when work is busy, and work is busy. Tell you what, Mike: I'm going to get back to work now (this break has already taken far too long), and then go on with the rest of my day as described -- and if you or anyone else doesn't like it (and I know you don't), that's just too bad.

If you think I have no passion for the site or for the hobby, then ask anyone here who actually knows me, and they'll tell you very different. I love this site, the community and the hobby as much or more than I ever have -- which one pretty much has to, to help run it for over three years.


post #36 of 84
the mysterious member

mbah .. "genetic" lately ..
post #37 of 84
Wow jude, that is amazing. I really feel sorry for you, you're the most overworked person I've ever heard of.
post #38 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I think Jude should "contribute" something to head-fi "textually" I appreciate that he has to run the place financially and I understand what a busy man he is making money but a few words wouldn't go astray. After all, Jude started head-fi and if he doesn't have the time or passion to contribute these days then what's it all about ?
At over 4500 posts with tens of thousands of dollars invested I think he has contributed quite a lot to this place. I have had PMs replied to at 2am in the morning and seen posts from him at the same time, and I'm an hour behind his time zone, which is no small feat for someone working the equivalent of 2 full-time shifts each week with a new baby. If that ain't dedication to this place then I don't know what is
post #39 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovansmith
At over 4500 posts with tens of thousands of dollars invested I think he has contributed quite a lot to this place. I have had PMs replied to at 2am in the morning and seen posts from him at the same time, and I'm an hour behind his time zone, which is no small feat for someone working the equivalent of 2 full-time shifts each week with a new baby. If that ain't dedication to this place then I don't know what is
Exactly, I mean
That had to be the most blatantly insane troll post I have ever read here.
How can any person with even a drop of common sense can question Jude's dedication to this site and hobby is beyond me
post #40 of 84
pssst, he might be drunk again... I still have saved his post where he goes of on Jan hehe.

Biggie.
post #41 of 84
Here's another vote for Jude as "most mysterious member," "most mysterious" as in "will we ever solve the mystery of when or if he gets any sleep?"
post #42 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude
I work 80 to 100 hours each and every week, I'm married, and just had a new son (in May). Between my work responsibilities...After that, I've got more work to do, probably until well after all of my neighbors have gone to bed....and if you or anyone else doesn't like it (and I know you don't), that's just too bad.
Well, man, don't overwork himself. It happened to me several years ago and I didn't realise it until I experienced sudden health problems later on.
post #43 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.PD
I find wallijonn the most mysterious.
damn, you said it first...

definately wallijohn... but in a good way

btw... great smiley KR
post #44 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by philodox
damn, you said it first...

definately wallijohn... but in a good way

btw... great smiley KR
thanks.

I never know what wallijohn is trying to say most the time, so I guess he wins my vote.

No offense walli, I still like you anyway
post #45 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Permonic
Well, man, don't overwork himself. It happened to me several years ago and I didn't realise it until I experienced sudden health problems later on.


Funny...I overworked myself by doing 70 hours a week at a golf course and I ended up learning to play the game, spending money on clubs and lost all the money that I had made to this dratted place called HeadFi

Sometimes it can be a good thing...

100 hours a week is unimaginable for me...no can do chief...If I had kids even 50 hours would be un-doable...gawd!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › What headfi member seems mysterious to you and why?