Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality - Page 11

post #151 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkestred View Post
 

 

 

I don't see this at all.  I think the s8 does sound good and it does a pretty good job rendering cymbals but i can tell a night and day difference on the x7.


Which version phone (SD or Exynos) and what IEM's ?  I'm only using 9 Ohm SE846's, no demanding headphones.


Edited by psikey - 4/21/17 at 2:09am
post #152 of 220

after 4 years moved from samsung galaxy s4 mini to samsung galaxy s8:D

 

was looking for a good quality audio phone i listen lossless only, the most reviews i read mentioned about axon 7, htc and lg v20...

 

anyway took risk and pre-ordered the s8

 

received yesterday, but didn't unbox was waiting for online feedbacks about audio quality so that i can decide to return it back or keep hahaha

 

but still now didn't find any good reviews except pocketnow's review but that one was about usa version mine is exynos (SM-G950FZSAXEF) which uses better dac usually

 

today morning after a long time thinking, just thought the other features except audio should be awesome and i can adjust with the sound quality....

 

so unboxed and tried listening

 

first impressions, the sound quality is extremely clear and crisper be it mono speakers or akg earbuds but i feel akg earbuds misses the sound bass

 

according me the included akg earbuds are not that great :angry_face: it sounds good but fitting our ears properly may be a issue as im unable to hear the bass it sounds so acute, clear but acute only the low-picthed sound feels not coming out through those akg ear buds

 

i plugged my favourite RP-HJE120-PPK headphones, sounds amazing

 

then moved my  eyes into the audio settings, wow can't believe you have three settings for headphones listening purpose,  both three were switched off

 

- ultra high quality converter

- surround

- tube amp

tried toggling them, smiled that i didn't waste my money happy, it really sounds even greater with those settings :L3000:

 

i listen&tested 16 bits wav files only

 

i really don't know how does the supposed best audio phones sound, but im really happy with this s8 sq really good sound

 

created an account here to just share above feebacks hope it can help atleast few

post #153 of 220
Hi

Early impressions of mine:

1. It feels like the future, the display is insane (no red tinge here thank goodness).
2. Sound is very good through my SE535s, possibly a little bass heavy but will listen to a wider range of music before coming to a firm conclusion. Need to load up some hi res files and take a listen. Nice and loud through IEMs
3. Early indications are that battery life appears ok, nothing special
4. The finger print scanner placement is as terrible as they say.
post #154 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikey View Post


Which version phone (SD or Exynos) and what IEM's ?  I'm only using 9 Ohm SE846's, no demanding headphones.

I am using qualcomm version. Periodics Be. 32ohm. Did think about this. Will try with lower ohm iems.
Edited by Darkestred - 4/21/17 at 4:40am
post #155 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by h-man View Post

Hi

Early impressions of mine:

1. It feels like the future, the display is insane (no red tinge here thank goodness).
2. Sound is very good through my SE535s, possibly a little bass heavy but will listen to a wider range of music before coming to a firm conclusion. Need to load up some hi res files and take a listen. Nice and loud through IEMs
3. Early indications are that battery life appears ok, nothing special
4. The finger print scanner placement is as terrible as they say.

1. Agreed.
2.sound is good.
3.thought battery life is strong. 2h 20m SOT with 21% waste will far surpass my 6p, lg f2, s3, sony z3, moto x.
4. Use the phone left handed. Problem solved.
post #156 of 220
Going to try to grab one from Best buy this morning.
post #157 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkestred View Post

I am using qualcomm version. Periodics Be. 32ohm. Did think about this. Will try with lower ohm iems.

Mines Exynos which tends to have the better DAC
post #158 of 220

Exynos has historically had better DACs, but I think we need to keep in mind that now it's the first year that the Snapdragon comes with the Aqstic DAC, which in the SD835 is supposed to be even better than the one in the HTC 10. So, I remain hopefully, as I wait for delivery today haha.

 

-Collin-

post #159 of 220

Received my S8+ yesterday. I'm coming from an iPhone 6s+ (which I went to from a HTC One). First, I think the AKG earphones are quite nice with the S*+ (out of the box even). So I can't wait to hear them with the phone after some burn-in. But the sound quality of this phone blew me away! I had no idea they put that good of a DAC in this phone. So far I'm very please. Does anyone have any knowledge as to these being new AKG earphones, or an older model? Enjoy.

post #160 of 220
Got mine. Havent plugged headphones in yet. Will when i got on my lunch break.
post #161 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Received my S8+ yesterday. I'm coming from an iPhone 6s+ (which I went to from a HTC One). First, I think the AKG earphones are quite nice with the S*+ (out of the box even). So I can't wait to hear them with the phone after some burn-in. But the sound quality of this phone blew me away! I had no idea they put that good of a DAC in this phone. So far I'm very please. Does anyone have any knowledge as to these being new AKG earphones, or an older model? Enjoy.

Unfortunately they're Samsung made and tuned by AKG. So they aren't AKG earbuds.
post #162 of 220
My Snapdragon 835 S8+ sounds bad with my Se846s. It's incredibly muddy and TONS of white noise.
Edited by TwiceTzuyu - 4/21/17 at 7:19pm
post #163 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiceTzuyu View Post


Unfortunately they're Samsung made and tuned by AKG. So they aren't AKG earbuds.

 

I would disagree if they are tuned by AKG. Tuning is the key that make earphones sound great or not (drivers secondary). 

post #164 of 220

Oh well, it's over for my ears Just plugged in my DZ9 (1 dynamic and 6BAs). I have sound settings on surround sound and Pro Amp. Wow wow wow!!

post #165 of 220
Do you have any really sensitive earphones? I would be interested in how they do with hiss. My s6 edge doesn't hiss with the Andromeda so I would hope the same. Also are the volume changes small enough for those type of earphones? I find there to be too much difference with each volume change with the s6 edge.

The unlocked should be coming out soon so a bit more waiting for me. Hopefully that will update better than the s7 did.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality