Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI! - Page 12

post #166 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Somewhat of an update - well, I know at least the Darth Beyers and Stax SR-404's weren't here when I posted on this thread the last time.



Also, now my main source is Electrocompaniet ECD 1 fed by Philips DVD 963SA.
Wow that is the best looking stand I've ever seen. Striving for some SR-404s as well
post #167 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pak
Wow that is the best looking stand I've ever seen. Striving for some SR-404s as well
No, this is by far the best looking stand.
post #168 of 6020
Thread Starter 
I still say nothing says "Class" like recycled old school Grado SR325 endcaps on a black headphile stand signed by Larry in silver paint marker!
post #169 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahn
I still say nothing says "Class" like recycled old school Grado SR325 endcaps on a black headphile stand signed by Larry in silver paint marker!
well not everyone is as "special" as you are
post #170 of 6020
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlacker
well not everyone is as "special" as you are
what can i say, even my stand has to have something "funkdafied" about it
post #171 of 6020
Thread Starter 
Well since it's post #8000, I guess it couldn't hurt to jump the gun to show what should be coming by the end of the week, hopefully it all works!

Ancient Pics in the Stax History archives, and what's coming-

The Stax Lambda Professional Earspeakers:

The Stax SRM-1 Mark II Energizer:

Wish me luck that everything arrives safe and sound and sounds great! Curse you, Electrostatic MiniMeet thread!
post #172 of 6020
Congrats Jahn on 8K!
post #173 of 6020
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaman
Congrats Jahn on 8K!
Thanks! And I just noticed in that Stax pic that the Lambdas OTW to me have the earspeakers rotated 180 degrees the wrong way - the cables are popping out the top and the inside pads are facing out LOL! Hopefully I'll just have to turn them over...
post #174 of 6020
Ahh, and another one bites the Electrostatic dust.... Excellent.
post #175 of 6020
congrats Jahn!
post #176 of 6020
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Ahh, and another one bites the Electrostatic dust.... Excellent.
Yep the Darth Beyers will have to live somewhere else, as the Stax And HP2 will be occupying the headphone stand! If I ever get them back that is, my sister says 2 more weeks minimum, since they want to use them for editing her movie too
post #177 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahn
Thanks! And I just noticed in that Stax pic that the Lambdas OTW to me have the earspeakers rotated 180 degrees the wrong way - the cables are popping out the top and the inside pads are facing out LOL! Hopefully I'll just have to turn them over...
Yeah, the housings rotate like that on SR-404's, too. A very odd thing to see when you're taking them out of their box for the first time (for me).
post #178 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahn
Yep the Darth Beyers will have to live somewhere else, as the Stax And HP2 will be occupying the headphone stand!
Hey, just another excu..I mean reason to get one more stand!
post #179 of 6020
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Yeah, the housings rotate like that on SR-404's, too. A very odd thing to see when you're taking them out of their box for the first time (for me).
Whew that's a relief to hear! So it's not just this pair that does that.
Mr.Slacker, I hope you never have anyone congratulating you on such a curse-filled journey to financial ruin (but audiophile nirvana!) *runs off to check out stands*
post #180 of 6020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
No, this is by far the best looking stand.

LOL thanks for the compliments . I'll have some pics to add to this thread mid-week when the dynamight arrives.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Before and after pics - CURSE YOU HEAD FI!