this is going to be my last post on this matter.
1. i'm sorry i pissed some of you off.
2. i have my biases. definitely.
3. no it doesn't just take one sennheiser employee to make my mind up. ideally, i'd like to know what all of them use.
4. it's not that hard to do a blind A/B test.
a lot of my opinions on cables comes from here:http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...ples/index.php
they asked some of the manufacturers to submit cables for testing.
since i am just a layman, a lot of their testing is over my head.
there's a lot of science and technical vocabulary that i am just unfamilar with.
it is interesting to note that ZU cables declined to be part of their test.
in closing, i'm sorry that some of you took offense.
i haven't changed my opinion, but i can see how you could be offended in the way i presented it.
i'd like to take back some of the things i said.
i didn't want to say that head-fier opinions were not important.
otherwise, why would i spend so much time here and contribute to keep it alive?
what i DID want to say is that i trust opinions in the following order:
1. blind A/Bing
2. people without an interest in proclaiming a certain piece of gear is better, other than actual performance.
3. people who have bought gear, who are excited about hearing the differences.
it has been pointed out to me that one of my comments was offensive, and i think that it was read the wrong way by some of you.
by saying that i wanted to know if i was wasting MY money, didn't mean that everyone else was wasting their money by buying cables.
it should have read instead:
i want to know if buying cables would be an audible performance benefit for ME, regardless of what anyone else thinks.