Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone! - Page 34

post #496 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post

 
Happy Ostara day


I am very, very down with this album. 

That is pretty good!

What has my attention right now is this. The Doom Charts have me...occupied. I had no idea there was so much great stuff coming out. This band, Ordos, has some very creative doomage doing on...

post #497 of 509

This one is murdering me right now.

 

https://maranathaisheavy.bandcamp.com/album/filth

post #498 of 509
Thread Starter 

I will say this about the doom/stoner/occult genres:

They have the most epic album art in the whole music industry!

Naked chicks+bitchin' cars pretty much forces me to at least give them a listen.

I did end up finding another dozen or so bands that I like the other night,but didnt post any here cuz Im still a noob at this genre,and what im liking and discovering is prolly common place,well known stuff.

post #499 of 509
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

I am very, very down with this album. 

I have all their albums except one....one of my fav bands!

post #500 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post
 

I will say this about the doom/stoner/occult genres:

They have the most epic album art in the whole music industry!

Naked chicks+bitchin' cars pretty much forces me to at least give them a listen.

I did end up finding another dozen or so bands that I like the other night,but didnt post any here cuz Im still a noob at this genre,and what im liking and discovering is prolly common place,well known stuff.

I actually admit I like the more... somber album covers? Like, not the shiny 80s metal types, but like this album cover forced me to listen.

 

 

When it comes to my blast-free metal, I'm way deep in post/sludge/doom personally. Rorcal, Amenra, Dirge, Year of No Light, Rosetta, etc. Or the ultra-filthy megasludge of Love Sex Machine.

post #501 of 509
Thread Starter 
post #502 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterzero View Post




Envenomed

Australia

2009
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Envenomed/3540281885

That's really good! Not my preferred style, but that's some solid stuff. If I get my laze bones to the gym, this will be awesome to work-out to.
post #503 of 509
Morning y'all.

Nothing like a strong cup of coffee and some Sleep to get my weekend started.

post #504 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

Morning y'all.

Nothing like a strong cup of coffee and some Sleep to get my weekend started.

Seeing Sleep live in 2013 was a transformative experience.

post #505 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

Morning y'all.


Nothing like a strong cup of coffee and some Sleep to get my weekend started.

Seeing Sleep live in 2013 was a transformative experience.

You are officially my hero for the day. I've never seen them. I'd like to think that once I'm done with school in 2 weeks (!!!!!!!!!!!), I'll be able to travel to wherever they are, if they reform for a couple of gigs again.

I did, however, see Kyuss in 1993....
post #506 of 509
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post


That's really good! Not my preferred style, but that's some solid stuff. If I get my laze bones to the gym, this will be awesome to work-out to.

Like most metal,this kinda falls apart for me once the vocals kick in,but I like the rest. 

post #507 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post


You are officially my hero for the day. I've never seen them. I'd like to think that once I'm done with school in 2 weeks (!!!!!!!!!!!), I'll be able to travel to wherever they are, if they reform for a couple of gigs again.

I did, however, see Kyuss in 1993....

They were at Maryland Deathfest, the rumor was they would do Dopesmoker. No such luck, but it was still an AMAZING performance.

post #508 of 509
Thread Starter 

I really like this,especially the guitar sound,very 60s/70s acid rock...That being said Im having a hard time placing this into the "metal" category.
Acid rock?Heavy rock?Stoner rock?Space rock? Sure.

Metal? To me its not,but yall can decide for yourself.Regardless,this is pretty damn cool!

post #509 of 509

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone!