Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions ! - Page 7

post #91 of 108
I am going in for a demo of the entire signature series to the Source AV group here in Torrance, CA. Anyone wants to join? Appointment is booked for 1300 hrs PST on Friday, 03-March.
post #92 of 108
Hiiiiii guyzzzz !!!!! Plzzzzz i have questions about this player !!!!! Can i connect this walkman to any smartphones ???? Just like am using ampliefer to phone !!" i have buy walkman !!and i dont know how to connect to any iphone or android smartphones !!!! Plzzzzzzzzzz plzzzzzzzz if anyone know how to connect it then tell me what to do !!!plzzzz
post #93 of 108
Looks like all you wanted was a PHA-3 smily_headphones1.gif
You can't use 1Z as an amplifier.
post #94 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquare3376 View Post

Looks like all you wanted was a PHA-3 smily_headphones1.gif
You can't use 1Z as an amplifier.
Why ????
post #95 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0072kk View Post

Why ????
There's no line-in. How would you feed any input? I am a future owner and I could be wrong but that's my impression of the device.
post #96 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0072kk View Post


Why ????

it's like asking if you can connect the 1Z to your phone, so you can make calls with the 1Z- 

 

You can't because it does not have the technology to do it, And, more importantly, why would you want to, as the phone already can makes calls by itself.

post #97 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquare3376 View Post

Looks like all you wanted was a PHA-3 smily_headphones1.gif
You can't use 1Z as an amplifier.
Have u tried to connect Sony Walkman to smartphone ????
post #98 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0072kk View Post

Have u tried to connect Sony Walkman to smartphone ????
No, I don't have the 1Z. And I firmly believe this connection is not possible.
post #99 of 108
Just got my unit tonight. No problem transferring files but getting it to read my SanDisk Ultra Android 128 GB microSDXC card and it daws a blank. Creates database but no files show up. Am I Doing something wrong?
post #100 of 108
You need to format your micro sd in Sony WM1Z first as it will create an music folder. Then you can transfer your music files via computer on Sony Walkman. I hope this helps
post #101 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury73 View Post

Just got my unit tonight. No problem transferring files but getting it to read my SanDisk Ultra Android 128 GB microSDXC card and it daws a blank. Creates database but no files show up. Am I Doing something wrong?
Try creating a folder named Music and move all your songs into that. Player should be able to recognize the tracks then. If not, format and use MediaGo app to transfer all or just one song. MediaGo creates one folder named Music wherein you can store everything
post #102 of 108

Ive transferred quite a few hi res albums across to the units memory without issue but a couple have failed significantly.  David Bowie Who can i be now box set and The Smiths - Complete box set only the track names survived the creating database process the rest of the meta data being filed as unknown.  There is also missing art work.  I would say nearly all my music is stored in pretty much the same format.  Hi Res WAV files.Has anyone else experienced this issue or can explain why its happening?  thanks in advance for any advice. 

post #103 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury73 View Post
 

Ive transferred quite a few hi res albums across to the units memory without issue but a couple have failed significantly.  David Bowie Who can i be now box set and The Smiths - Complete box set only the track names survived the creating database process the rest of the meta data being filed as unknown.  There is also missing art work.  I would say nearly all my music is stored in pretty much the same format.  Hi Res WAV files.Has anyone else experienced this issue or can explain why its happening?  thanks in advance for any advice. 

 

WAV files don't have an industry standard to support embedded metadata nor album art work.  

 

If you want to have metadata and album art while not losing quality, convert your wav files into a lossless format that supports embedding metadata and artwork such as FLAC or Apple Lossless.

post #104 of 108

many thanks i will have a go converting the problem files and see how that works.  cheers

post #105 of 108

Where do you guys buy the balanced cable for Sony WM1A? Say, for SE846.

Anyone using the 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter instead? And how much worse off (discernable?) as compared to native ones?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions !