or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Am I the first owner ??? Qualia 010 !!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Am I the first owner ??? Qualia 010 !!! - Page 6

post #76 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacopo
it's 2.500€.... not bad...

did you have problems withe customs (dogana)?


jacopi|!
No any problem... I paid 38 € to the arrive. (As I said only 5 days from Japan to my house !!!) (EMS - SDA).

Best!
Nicola
post #77 of 645
All of a sudden there looks like a rush for Qualias... Timing wise, I'm relying on favours from people so it's not going to arrive here in a hurry. I'll be the third if no-one else is owning up to have bought one.
post #78 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
No any problem... I askt to koji for declaring only 200 $ and I paid 38 € to the arrive. (As I said only 5 days from Japan to my house !!!) (EMS - SDA).

Best!
Nicola
this is a clever strategy...
but can be very dangerous if the pack gets lost....
post #79 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangraman
All of a sudden there looks like a rush for Qualias... Timing wise, I'm relying on favours from people so it's not going to arrive here in a hurry. I'll be the third if no-one else is owning up to have bought one.
Hi bangraman,

I hope it is insured for more than 200$...

Amicalement
post #80 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
No any problem... I askt to koji for declaring only 200 $ and I paid 38 € to the arrive. (As I said only 5 days from Japan to my house !!!) (EMS - SDA).

Best!
Nicola
Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic
Hi bangraman,

I hope it is insured for more than 200$...

Amicalement
FYI: nothing attracts the attention of customs like having your package's declared value not tally with the insured amount.
post #81 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhoc
FYI: nothing attracts the attention of customs like having your package's declared value not tally with the insured amount.
Hi adhoc,


LOL... do people are stupid enough to not match them both? If so, they deserve what probably will fall on them.

Amicalement

EDIT: I dont want to imply that Nik is stupid. He has probably nerves of steel... and didn't insure the phones for their real value.
post #82 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic
Hi adhoc,


LOL... do people are stupid enough to not match them both? If so, they deserve what probably will fall on them.

Amicalement
Uh, I had this happening to me one time because of a ebay seller, he did not end up paying that extra amount, I did.
To add further insult to injury it was used article so not even valued at the msrp he entered for it.
post #83 of 645
Nik:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showp...5&postcount=29

Otherwise JaZZ and I may just make our vacations in your home. Now, THATS a threath.
post #84 of 645
Nik,
congrats on the new sony's!

somehow i always had the feeling it wouldn't end with omega 2 for you!

so, i understand these new phones are the replacement for the r10?
I am very eager to hear about the comparison between the omega 2, the R10 and the new sony Qualia 010.

this will also mean you will start a new project to build the best dynamic combination to try to beat the omega 2 setup?

if it turnes out the new sony is better then omega 2, does it mean you will part from it and declare the new setup king?

or will you keep the 2 setups.
post #85 of 645
Congratulations Nik!

We need to know your thoughts!

And just so that you know -- I'm more than willing to try out your Qualias with my Angstrom!

--Jatinder
post #86 of 645
Congratulations Nik!!! And I am not surprise that you build a new amp for your new toy
post #87 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinder
Congratulations Nik!

We need to know your thoughts!

And just so that you know -- I'm more than willing to try out your Qualias with my Angstrom!

--Jatinder
Will you be buying a pair?
post #88 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinder

And just so that you know -- I'm more than willing to try out your Qualias with my Angstrom!

--Jatinder
I'm more than willing to try out his Qualias with your Angstrom
post #89 of 645
:::Sigh:::: Normally I don't post about stuff like this but it is hard to let this pass...

Nik, at the begining of this post you say that you got the Qualia's yesterday and already you are willing to declare them "THE BEST" dynanic cans. I quote,"...the project is to see if the best dynamic cans can beat the best electrostatic...". Without even hearing your new project amp I guess you can assume it will be "THE BEST" amplifier to drive the Qualias as well.

When you first got the Grado PS-1s, again prior to almost anyone having heard them, you proclaimed: "I am thinking the Grado PS-1 is "THE BEST" dynamic can ever made".

And, of course, when you had the Sony MDR-R10 and the impressive Angstrom set up you said that the R-10 was "THE BEST" dynamic headphone on earth.

I truly admire you for attempting to set the curve when it comes to this hobby and your willingness to cause amplifier designers to push their products further is exciting to read about (for me anyway).

But it is begining to seem like a headphone or an amplifier is "THE BEST" simply by nature of the fact that you own it. Even if you can so quicky assess the strengths of the Qualia and find yourself confident to state that they are "THE BEST", how could you possibly know that an amplifier you are having built for them will indeed turn out to have the best synergy? Surely one can not confidently know from looking at an amplifier design that it will, in fact, sound superlative on a given set of transducers. Not without listening anyway.

I am not writing to challenge your assessment of the Qualias - I have never even heard them. But from past posts you certainly seem impressionable and quick to use your considerable cache here on Headfi to proclaim what is and is not "THE BEST"

I am anxious to hear your listening impressions.

Cordially,
Mwb
post #90 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbratrud
:::Sigh:::: Normally I don't post about stuff like this but it is hard to let this pass...

Nik, at the begining of this post you say that you got the Qualia's yesterday and already you are willing to declare them "THE BEST" dynanic cans. I quote,"...the project is to see if the best dynamic cans can beat the best electrostatic...". Without even hearing your new project amp I guess you can assume it will be "THE BEST" amplifier to drive the Qualias as well.

When you first got the Grado PS-1s, again prior to almost anyone having heard them, you proclaimed: "I am thinking the Grado PS-1 is "THE BEST" dynamic can ever made".

And, of course, when you had the Sony MDR-R10 and the impressive Angstrom set up you said that the R-10 was "THE BEST" dynamic headphone on earth.

I truly admire you for attempting to set the curve when it comes to this hobby and your willingness to cause amplifier designers to push their products further is exciting to read about (for me anyway).

But it is begining to seem like a headphone or an amplifier is "THE BEST" simply by nature of the fact that you own it. Even if you can so quicky assess the strengths of the Qualia and find yourself confident to state that they are "THE BEST", how could you possibly know that an amplifier you are having built for them will indeed turn out to have the best synergy? Surely one can not confidently know from looking at an amplifier design that it will, in fact, sound superlative on a given set of transducers. Not without listening anyway.

I am not writing to challenge your assessment of the Qualias - I have never even heard them. But from past posts you certainly seem impressionable and quick to use your considerable cache here on Headfi to proclaim what is and is not "THE BEST"

I am anxious to hear your listening impressions.

Cordially,
Mwb
lighten up, Nik had just spent a whole load of cash and he is obviously very excited. He will give it to you straight all in good time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Am I the first owner ??? Qualia 010 !!!