Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Am I the first owner ??? Qualia 010 !!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Am I the first owner ??? Qualia 010 !!!

post #1 of 645
Thread Starter 
Yes, I have the new Sony Qualia 010 arrived yesterday to my house.
I cannot do any impressions for the moment, only this: this is a ELECTROSTATIC headphones !!!

See you soon...

Best!
Nicola

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2 of 645
Team Sony Qualia 010 is new and upcoming

These headphones are really comfortable isn't it. I like this headphone in my brief encounter with it. Some of us local NYCers will have a mini meet at the Qualia store in a few days.

Which headphone size did you get? You ordered from NY?
post #3 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
Yes, I have the new Sony Qualia 010 arrived yesterday to my house.
I cannot do any impressions for the moment, only this: this is a ELECTROSTATIC headphones !!!

See you soon...

Best!
Nicola

That is cool, Nik

BTW I thought that it was a Dynamic phone not electrostatic, did Sony send an amp with it.
very curious to know.
post #4 of 645
I think he means it's electrostatic quality in a dynamic not literally.
post #5 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan
I think he means it's electrostatic quality in a dynamic not literally.
Oh OK, I should have figured that one out.
Now wouldn't that be interesting..??
A dynamic headphone that performs at the same level as an Electrostat
That would definitely get some people shelling out money for these babies
post #6 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunwar
That is cool, Nik

BTW I thought that it was a Dynamic phone not electrostatic, did Sony send an amp with it.
very curious to know.
Man... "electrostatic" !!! The Qualia is a dynamic can but the sound is in a electrostatic way ...

I never had a headphones confortable like this (incredible)

Best!
Nicola
post #7 of 645
that's great news.

hope you like the cans a lot. I haven't had a chance to audition them extensively or order them yet so I wouldn't be joining team QUALIA 010 until this winter when I visit Tokyo again... but when I do I'll be sure to get one for myself depending on how good the reviews of the unit are.

where did you order them from and how did the whole fitting issue go since I assume you had to order by phone/ email and didn't have access to a QUALIA store where they can do that for you? how long does it take from the time of the order to delivery?

this is exciting.
post #8 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayt999
that's great news.

hope you like the cans a lot. I haven't had a chance to audition them extensively or order them yet so I wouldn't be joining team QUALIA 010 until this winter when I visit Tokyo again... but when I do I'll be sure to get one for myself depending on how good the reviews of the unit are.

where did you order them from and how did the whole fitting issue go since I assume you had to order by phone/ email and didn't have access to a QUALIA store where they can do that for you? how long does it take from the time of the order to delivery?

this is exciting.
One mouth of wait ! I bought directly form Japan. The headband for my head is the "S" size, the cable is the shortest 2m.

Best!
Nicola
post #9 of 645
Nik
What all did you receive with the headphones?
Any photos coming up
Would love to see some pnor you know..
post #10 of 645
depending on how things go, then I better plan ahead and try and get an order in via email and do the final adjustments (if they allow for that), payment, and pickup once I arrive in japan this winter and can visit the store in downtown tokyo. I've been busy this year and their wait time / custom fitting is getting in the way of me ordering a pair.
post #11 of 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik

I never had a headphones confortable like this (incredible)

Best!
Nicola

I'm glad they're comfortable. They looked very comfortable. It's one of the main reasons why I ordered a pair.
post #12 of 645
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayt999
depending on how things go, then I better plan ahead and try and get an order in via email and do the final adjustments (if they allow for that), payment, and pickup once I arrive in japan this winter and can visit the store in downtown tokyo. I've been busy this year and their wait time / custom fitting is getting in the way of me ordering a pair.
The Qualia comes with owner manual (all japanese) not many photo inside. Comes with a beautiful stand for them, a paper box nor any lush ...

Best!
Nicola
post #13 of 645
Cool, Nik! I'm curious about your further impressions. And don't forget to update your profile! Looks like that could be exactly the headphone some of us have waited for (apart from the price range).

post #14 of 645
Congrat Nik on being possibly the first here at Head-Fi to receive the Qualia 010. When you have the chance I'd love to hear your impression and possibly how they compare to the R10's.
post #15 of 645
I believe you are indeed the first, Nik.

You must bless us with a full review with plenty of por......I mean pics.

-Ed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Am I the first owner ??? Qualia 010 !!!