I got a pair of these and they are so impressive, really. I can't believe mobile can sound this good:
- My sound quality estimate is about 80% of the way to HD600 or 700 level when streaming Tidal lossless and have a strong Bluetooth signal.
- A little smaller soundstage then the big open Senns (no surprise with this cup depth and being closed), but still good imaging and enough separation to make complex music passages surprisingly coherent.
- I don't find them bright or fatiguing at all, but rather more neutral with no Sennheiser veil.
- Comfort is awesome if you don't have huge ears.
- They are incredibly flexible in connectivity (show as usb dac output in various operating systems) and the sound is the same with ANC on or off.
- They even had good low latency (12 ms) audio streaming for studio monitoring when using ASIO4all to control buffer size, which was killer with ANC.
I find myself wearing them more than anything else now; even briefly considered selling my primary desktop rig of Grace m9xx and Grado PS500e tonight due to the immense convenience and comfort with these things. The midrange is a little recessed compared to my Grado but that is typical for the Grado sound, which is fun rather than neutral though the PS500e are just a tad more transparent across the spectrum while the closed PXC 550 have better sub-bass and aaaaaaall the other features. It is true the gesture controls take a while to get used to, but once you have them down, it is pretty impressive.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy these until a few more years have passed to see how high quality the sound can get with wireless... this will be a tough one to beat for now.