or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Earbuds - Page 19

post #271 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by serman005 View Post
 

This may be a stupid question but, what is the level of technical sophistication required to make a pair of basic earbuds? Thanks for the feedback!

The hardest part is gonna be opening the shells. The second hardest part is getting the drivers out without breaking them (you probably will break a few your first couple tries so try with some cheapos nobody will miss). after that, its basically can you make a cable or not?

 

and don't forget to add heatshrink BEFORE you solder it all together!

post #272 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapman View Post
 

The hardest part is gonna be opening the shells. The second hardest part is getting the drivers out without breaking them (you probably will break a few your first couple tries so try with some cheapos nobody will miss). after that, its basically can you make a cable or not?

 

and don't forget to add heatshrink BEFORE you solder it all together!

Thanks for the input. I think I'm gonna go for it. What's the worst that can happen--break a few drivers?

post #273 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by serman005 View Post
 

Thanks for the input. I think I'm gonna go for it. What's the worst that can happen--break a few drivers?

yep

post #274 of 279

After some initial set backs, here are the results:
 

 

 

 

 

post #275 of 279
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNewbi3 View Post

After some initial set backs, here are the results:

 



 



 

Those look great!
post #276 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwompki View Post


Those look great!

Thanks for the complement mate!

post #277 of 279

Hey, can the community recommend a soft pre-braided DIY cable? I have ordered a couple of cables before, but unfortunately they are all much stiffer than I like.

post #278 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by headjelly View Post

Hey, can the community recommend a soft pre-braided DIY cable? I have ordered a couple of cables before, but unfortunately they are all much stiffer than I like.

this is a very soft cable, bought from another seller but didn't test yet, waiting for plugs..

http://s.aliexpress.com/7Nz6NjU3
post #279 of 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by headjelly View Post
 

Hey, can the community recommend a soft pre-braided DIY cable? I have ordered a couple of cables before, but unfortunately they are all much stiffer than I like.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by endia View Post


this is a very soft cable, bought from another seller but didn't test yet, waiting for plugs..

http://s.aliexpress.com/7Nz6NjU3

 

Same cable but cheaper (if you are willing to solder and braid it like what I did with my SeaHf's

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.a4Hi8b&id=540678606174&_u=c2i926dj3b9e

 

They are like Cygnus Litz Cable

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home