Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Best version of Mozart: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best version of Mozart: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I was watching Amadeus last night, and found out there's a good version of that on the soundtrack, but what would everyone vote for the best one of this famous tune?
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillysalsa
I was watching Amadeus last night, and found out there's a good version of that on the soundtrack, but what would everyone vote for the best one of this famous tune?
I think the Amadeus version is Neville Marriner with the Academy of St Martin's in the Fields which my Missus likes a lot. For myself I have a very nice version..

The Academy of Ancient Music
Christopher Hogwood
l'Oiseau-Lyre
411 720-2
1984

Which is a period instrument version
post #3 of 6
Eine kleine Nachtmusik (aka seranade 13) will always be packaged with other assorted seranades and divertimenti on 1CD or multi CD collection. If you just want quality cheap 1CD version that is easy to find:

Marriner
Bohm
MacKerras

There are many other seranades and divertimentos equally as good as EKN which are not as well known.
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Ah, thanks guys..

DarkAngel: Are any of those done on period instruments? I like Bohm's stuff, and I find the sonics of Eloquence reissues to be ok, dispite their use of that funny 'Ambient Sound Imaging' thing...
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillysalsa
Ah, thanks guys..

DarkAngel: Are any of those done on period instruments? I like Bohm's stuff, and I find the sonics of Eloquence reissues to be ok, dispite their use of that funny 'Ambient Sound Imaging' thing...
All three above are modern instrument.......a little hard to find period performance for some reason. Bohm also has an extended 2CD version of seranades which I do own:

Bohm 2CD


Looks like Amazon has used version of Hogwood for period instrument:

Hogwood
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel
All three above are modern instrument.......a little hard to find period performance for some reason. Bohm also has an extended 2CD version of seranades which I do own:

Looks like Amazon has used version of Hogwood for period instrument:

Hogwood

This looks like a reissue of the version that I have, the tracklist is the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by hciman77


For myself I have a very nice version..

The Academy of Ancient Music
Christopher Hogwood
l'Oiseau-Lyre
411 720-2
1984

Which is a period instrument version
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Best version of Mozart: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik