New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thread Killer - Page 3  

post #31 of 210
Extra 1: The "threads" species have finally figured out we human forum lurkers have a rather significant saying in their survival or extermination. Threads have started massive and aggressive counter measures to guarantee their survival. It has been reported that clandestine thread survival kits are being distributed among their youngsters in absolutely all thread public schools. Thread radio and tv stations are disseminating strategies of survival among them all, and resucitation teams have been deployed to all thread hospitals and cemeteries.

Extra 2: The "server" species have finally figured out that their vacation/idle time is significantly inversely proportional to thread survival rate. So a Server vs. Thread apocalyptic war of cosmic scope is right now in the making.

Extra 3: Humans have reportedly not yet determined accurately whether posting anything sufficiently geeky in a thread has any impact on that thread's survival. Studies on the subject are in progress.
post #32 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Extra 1: The "threads" species have finally figured out we human forum lurkers have a rather significant saying in their survival or extermination. Threads have started massive and aggressive counter measures to guarantee their survival. It has been reported that clandestine thread survival kits are being distributed among their youngsters in absolutely all thread public schools. Thread radio and tv stations are disseminating strategies of survival among them all, and resucitation teams have been deployed to all thread hospitals and cemeteries.

Extra 2: The "server" species have finally figured out that their vacation/idle time is significantly inversely proportional to thread survival rate. So a Server vs. Thread apocalyptic war of cosmic scope is right now in the making.

Extra 3: Humans have reportedly not yet determined accurately whether posting anything sufficiently geeky in a thread has any impact on that thread's survival. Studies on the subject are in progress.

Nice try.

-Ed
post #33 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Extra 1: The "threads" species have finally figured out we human forum lurkers have a rather significant saying in their survival or extermination. Threads have started massive and aggressive counter measures to guarantee their survival. It has been reported that clandestine thread survival kits are being distributed among their youngsters in absolutely all thread public schools. Thread radio and tv stations are disseminating strategies of survival among them all, and resucitation teams have been deployed to all thread hospitals and cemeteries.

Extra 2: The "server" species have finally figured out that their vacation/idle time is significantly inversely proportional to thread survival rate. So a Server vs. Thread apocalyptic war of cosmic scope is right now in the making.

Extra 3: Humans have reportedly not yet determined accurately whether posting anything sufficiently geeky in a thread has any impact on that thread's survival. Studies on the subject are in progress.
I don't think this can be true.

But let's agree to disagree.
post #34 of 210
I don't usually post that much, but my post-to-thread-death ratio must be pretty high.
post #35 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampgalore
I can commit all you guys to a psyciatric ward if this thread is not stopped NOW.
Actually my Dad used to be a Psychiatrist and he COULD have done this for you (well if you were based in the UK anyway). I dont have a high kill thread ratio but I do have a high "my posts get ignored" ratio.

Its cos I'm British isnt it
post #36 of 210
Do you know what's even worse...starting a thread that no one replies to!
post #37 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMalt
Do you know what's even worse...starting a thread that no one replies to!
Thats bad when you kill your thread.
post #38 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom hankins
Thats bad when you kill your thread.
Or worst, if you have to lock it yourself.... (Sorry John... )
Amicalement
post #39 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by hciman77
. . . I dont have a high kill thread ratio but I do have a high "my posts get ignored" ratio.

Its cos I'm British isnt it
Right! It's the accent. Does it every time.

All this time I thought I was just late to the party. Now I know I'm actually numbered among the dreaded thread killers.

Does this count as paranoia or as grandiosity?

BW
post #40 of 210
i'm a pretty talented thread killer...
i'm also good at posting things that people just ignore...
post #41 of 210
I have to wash my car one of these days...
post #42 of 210
Hmmm, lets see whether I.....
post #43 of 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by setmenu
Hmmm, lets see whether I.....
I hate you.
post #44 of 210
Yay! The thread still lives !


post #45 of 210
At least 90% of my posts are ignored. I sucessfully kill a good portion of threads I post in. So I know either this thread will die or someone will completely ignore this post
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked