Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD - Page 167

post #2491 of 3036

On paper the X5III is a very direct alternative to the Cayin.    I raised this in my review of the Cayin.   Some Cayin potential buyers may hold off to see a direct comparison.

post #2492 of 3036
The new Pioneer XDP-300R is roughly 330 EUR currently on amazon.jp
post #2493 of 3036

Hi guys

 

Had the Cayin I5 for a few days. Love it. But......can't find a way to navigate tracks other than FFD and REWND. Just want to be able to navigate within tracks. Help~!

post #2494 of 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartSimpson1976 View Post

The new Pioneer XDP-300R is roughly 330 EUR currently on amazon.jp
330 + 20% of taxes and import duty?
post #2495 of 3036

depends where you live... icluding shipping and import duties to Singapore I still end up 400 Dollars cheaper than buying it here locally...

I would like to support local business but they make it very hard by charging ridiculously inflated prices here...

post #2496 of 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by thathertz View Post
 

Hi guys

 

Had the Cayin I5 for a few days. Love it. But......can't find a way to navigate tracks other than FFD and REWND. Just want to be able to navigate within tracks. Help~!

Specifically, what are you looking to do and from what screens? Also, are you referring to using the software as opposed to the hardware buttons?

post #2497 of 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by thathertz View Post
 

Hi guys

 

Had the Cayin I5 for a few days. Love it. But......can't find a way to navigate tracks other than FFD and REWND. Just want to be able to navigate within tracks. Help~!

 

From the "now playing" screen, you can drag your finger along the circular progress bar (the orange dots) to quickly fast-forward or rewind. 

 

post #2498 of 3036


Today I test Tidal MQA on PC with i5 + RS1e. The tidal app on PC decode MQA file and pass the 24/96k signal to i5. Great sound! meaty and powerfull bass.
post #2499 of 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartSimpson1976 View Post
 

depends where you live... icluding shipping and import duties to Singapore I still end up 400 Dollars cheaper than buying it here locally...

I would like to support local business but they make it very hard by charging ridiculously inflated prices here...

yea price in eu is like 800 euro 

post #2500 of 3036
I have owned the i5 since before Christmas and have found, as others have, that the synergy with the Meze 99's is sublime.

It needs a few firmware tweaks but overall the sound quality and user experience is superb.

One thing I have struggled with is to find though an IEM that I can really get on with.

Anyone got any recommendations for something that has a similar sound signature to the Meze. Have tried a number of pairs but not been totally satisfied with any of them.

Thanks.
post #2501 of 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmoores1 View Post

I have owned the i5 since before Christmas and have found, as others have, that the synergy with the Meze 99's is sublime.

It needs a few firmware tweaks but overall the sound quality and user experience is superb.

One thing I have struggled with is to find though an IEM that I can really get on with.

Anyone got any recommendations for something that has a similar sound signature to the Meze. Have tried a number of pairs but not been totally satisfied with any of them.

Thanks.

The Rhapsodio Solar is not too dissimilar to the Meze 99 Classics I have on right now.
post #2502 of 3036

So I've made a solid choice of getting the Cayin i5, thanks @PinkyPowers.

However these are $700 canadian (emailed the retail store, they offered to cut out the taxes). Which is basically the cost of buying them 500USD including shipping/handling. Is it worth getting them at full price or should I wait for one used?

These are meant to drive my HD600's and ER4S, and replace my FiiO X5 and ODAC/O2.

post #2503 of 3036
It's a bit much to expect the i5 to compete against the O2. They probably won't sound AS full and complete. But they will get loud enough. And the i5 is good and warm, so the HD600 should sound smooth and non-fatiguing.
post #2504 of 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 

So I've made a solid choice of getting the Cayin i5, thanks @PinkyPowers.

However these are $700 canadian (emailed the retail store, they offered to cut out the taxes). Which is basically the cost of buying them 500USD including shipping/handling. Is it worth getting them at full price or should I wait for one used?

These are meant to drive my HD600's and ER4S, and replace my FiiO X5 and ODAC/O2.

time is also money bro! get it when you need it.

post #2505 of 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmoores1 View Post

I have owned the i5 since before Christmas and have found, as others have, that the synergy with the Meze 99's is sublime.

It needs a few firmware tweaks but overall the sound quality and user experience is superb.

One thing I have struggled with is to find though an IEM that I can really get on with.

Anyone got any recommendations for something that has a similar sound signature to the Meze. Have tried a number of pairs but not been totally satisfied with any of them.

Thanks.

@Robmoores1

I have not used the i5 yet, but I have the n5, been playing around with a Pioneer 100R and now an Onkyo DP-X1....my FLC8S iems have never failed, they sound great on all of these players, I am guessing they will sound great with i5 also.  Plus, if the sound isn't quite right, there are enough tuning plugs so you can adjust them to sound how you want them.  

 

Enjoy,

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD