or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-4 - Page 82

post #1216 of 5123

Wow, that graph looks amazing!

post #1217 of 5123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shembot View Post

Here, I'll post these frequency response graphs for my LCD-4, LCD-3F, and LCD-X. Frequency response graphs don't tell the whole story, especially for the LCD-4 with its much faster driver and lower distortion than most other headphones, but it'll give you some comparative idea.








did your LCD-4 come with the FR graphs or did you request it by emailing Audeze?
post #1218 of 5123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shembot View Post
 

Here, I'll post these frequency response graphs for my LCD-4, LCD-3F, and LCD-X. Frequency response graphs don't tell the whole story, especially for the LCD-4 with its much faster driver and lower distortion than most other headphones, but it'll give you some comparative idea.

 

 

 

I wouldn't even call it a curve.

post #1219 of 5123

Surely these must be a way to measure "fast-ness"/"speed"... square wave reproduction accuracy perhaps?

post #1220 of 5123
Shembot, thanks for sharing the sound of the LCD4. Ever since I sold my LCD2, I always wanted to come back to the Audeze sound. have you ever heard the LCD2, if so how do the LCD4 compare in the bass department?
post #1221 of 5123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalo View Post

Shembot, thanks for sharing the sound of the LCD4. Ever since I sold my LCD2, I always wanted to come back to the Audeze sound. have you ever heard the LCD2, if so how do the LCD4 compare in the bass department?

Word. If the LCD-4s are at the same level or better than the X in bass quantity/quality, I'll start an upgrade fund immediately.
post #1222 of 5123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereolab42 View Post
 

Surely these must be a way to measure "fast-ness"/"speed"... square wave reproduction accuracy perhaps?

Transient response would show that. The tighter the peak, and the less ringing, the better. It would also somewhat show on the initial edge of a square wave, when compared to frequency.

post #1223 of 5123
I bet Shembot wishes he just replied...

"I only bought them as they match my new coffee table from WALMART"..

I am suprised we haven't ask yet " For gods sake the smell, describe it to us man"
8^p

Keep up the good work mate..

I'd show my B+W P7'S with me naked and a rose between my teeth. But that's how I met the wife... A LCD 4 is cheaper IMHO...
post #1224 of 5123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereolab42 View Post
 

Surely these must be a way to measure "fast-ness"/"speed"... square wave reproduction accuracy perhaps?

 

Yes, there is a way to measure it, but those measurements are internal to Audeze. I don't think they provide them with every headphone like they do the FR graph.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalo View Post

Shembot, thanks for sharing the sound of the LCD4. Ever since I sold my LCD2, I always wanted to come back to the Audeze sound. have you ever heard the LCD2, if so how do the LCD4 compare in the bass department?

 

Sorry, I've never heard the LCD-2, and I don't know anyone who has one I can borrow to compare.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1010 View Post


Word. If the LCD-4s are at the same level or better than the X in bass quantity/quality, I'll start an upgrade fund immediately.

 

Bass quantity matches and quality exceeds the LCD-X to my ear, but the LCD-X's bass seems slightly more prominent due to its relationship to the rest of the overall tuning. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middy View Post

I am suprised we haven't ask yet " For gods sake the smell, describe it to us man"
8^p

 

It has a distinctive aroma that could best be described as the smell of freshly printed bankruptcy paperwork combined with subtle hints of the interior of a divorce attorney's office. But no, it smells like any other Audeze headphone.  

post #1225 of 5123
Quote:
Originally Posted by prismstorm View Post


did your LCD-4 come with the FR graphs or did you request it by emailing Audeze?


FR graph must be requested by emailing Audeze just as with any other Audeze headphone.

post #1226 of 5123
Ha my cunning plan worked, I divorce the wife, move to the USA, have a non secular gay wedding.. A bit elaborate but headphones is headphones...

Smell is one of the senses...
The sense of satisfaction ....

Keep up the good work... better get back to mine...
post #1227 of 5123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shembot View Post
 

Here, I'll post these frequency response graphs for my LCD-4, LCD-3F, and LCD-X. Frequency response graphs don't tell the whole story, especially for the LCD-4 with its much faster driver and lower distortion than most other headphones, but it'll give you some comparative idea.

 

 

 

That's some very interesting graph, have never seen any FR curve like this, can't wait to get my hands on them.

post #1228 of 5123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shembot View Post

Yes, there is a way to measure it, but those measurements are internal to Audeze. I don't think they provide them with every headphone like they do the FR graph.

l
It has a distinctive aroma that could best be described as the smell of freshly printed bankruptcy paperwork combined with subtle hints of the interior of a divorce attorney's office. But no, it smells like any other Audeze headphone.  

Hopefully your marriage will endure, divorces are a nasty, hot mess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middy View Post

Ha my cunning plan worked, I divorce the wife, move to the USA, have a non secular gay wedding.. A bit elaborate but headphones is headphones...

Smell is one of the senses...
The sense of satisfaction ....

Keep up the good work... better get back to mine...

Quite the elaborate scheme, you wouldn't happen to be seeking a "potential spouse" well endowed with headphones and cash now Middy?🍻
post #1229 of 5123
How dare you...The thought never crossed my mind.....honest..
post #1230 of 5123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shembot View Post
 


FR graph must be requested by emailing Audeze just as with any other Audeze headphone.

I could get the FR graph for my LCD-X by emailing them my serial? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum