Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › New here, need some advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New here, need some advice - Page 3

post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by vondoom88 View Post

 Maybe I should try that I'm sure it wouldn't look weird buying like 400.00 in hedphones then returning most of them L3000.gif

Ask Music Alchemist. I'm pretty sure he does it all the time. I try to limit myself to headphones that I'm fairly confidant I'll purchase and keep. I think it's OK to buy two but keep one and return the other. They still get a sale. Just the KRKs were not at all what I expected.
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by vondoom88 View Post
 

 When I read this I heard it in slo-mo in my mind lol

 

*snickers...while eating Twix*

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Ask Music Alchemist. I'm pretty sure he does it all the time. I try to limit myself to headphones that I'm fairly confidant I'll purchase and keep. I think it's OK to buy two but keep one and return the other. They still get a sale. Just the KRKs were not at all what I expected.

 

ehehe. I rarely ever return headphones, actually. Most of them are purchased used or gotten in trades, then eventually sold or traded on the used market. This is how to be a Pokémon trainer with headphones. :cool: Find experienced Pokémon headphones in the wild on the for sale forums, battle and catch them, train them in your ways use them for awhile, then pit them against other Pokémon compare them to other headphones and trade with other Pokémon trainers headphone owners...or sell 'em off.

 

I wanna hear the very best, like no one ever heard. To catch them is my real test, to review them is my cause. I will travel across Head-Fi, searching far and wide. Each headphone to understand the power that's inside. Gotta catch 'em all!

 

Everything I've owned so far is mainly to have the experiences with what resources I have while being lazy. But I'm about to stop being so lazy. My ultimate headphones would be some of the ultra-high-end ones. And even some of those aren't good enough for me. (I know speakers are a better value in some ways, but I prefer headphones.)

post #33 of 39
I thought your ultimate headphones were STAX. Why did you get rid of them?
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

I thought your ultimate headphones were STAX. Why did you get rid of them?

 

Those were only entry-level STAX, man. I'm upgrading to high-end STAX and also the rare Sennheiser electrostats, then adding lots more to the collection eventually. (See profile.)

post #35 of 39

Try Alessandro MS-1. It's a laid back version of Grado SR80e's which sound warmer.

(PS: I personally don't recommend Sony 7506's, cause they are DJ style and might sound harsh and rigid.)

post #36 of 39

Speaking of STAX...

 

@vondoom88

 

You can sometimes find STAX electret (variation of electrostatic) systems for under $100 on the used market. Even low-end STAX sounds so good it's unbelievable, especially for the price. Nothing in production in that price range can begin to compete. Heck, to me, it sounds more transparent and realistic than the most expensive non-electrostats.


Edited by Music Alchemist - 9/14/15 at 2:45am
post #37 of 39

Audio Technica ATH-M40x would be very good at the absolute upper-end of your price-range, and would be a very nice investment for the longterm.  They're what I'd go with if I were you.

 

The ATH-M30x are cheaper than the M40x, and quite good for their price, but IMO not as good (by quite a margin) as the M40x.  So it'd be worth shelling out a little extra cash to get the M40x instead.


Edited by goodyfresh - 9/14/15 at 9:30am
post #38 of 39
Thread Starter 

So I received my AKG's Thursday! So far I like them not sure how much or if they'll break in. My phone was able to drive them without any issues. My receiver had no issues driving them to a nice level. There is quite a bit of sound bleeding out of them but they are open backed I kind of expected that. Comfortable even with my glasses on.

 

 

 

post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by vondoom88 View Post
 

So I received my AKG's Thursday! So far I like them not sure how much or if they'll break in. My phone was able to drive them without any issues. My receiver had no issues driving them to a nice level. There is quite a bit of sound bleeding out of them but they are open backed I kind of expected that. Comfortable even with my glasses on.

 

 

 


I'm glad you're enjoying them!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › New here, need some advice