or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available - Page 5  

post #61 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcook51 View Post
 

Where do we go tomorrow at noon to place an order? Web address please.

Thank you.

 

See post #10 on page 1 for a link.

post #62 of 1195
Now I need a balanced dac. Help me please . Has to be black to match.smily_headphones1.gif
post #63 of 1195
Ok, im done. Take my money please!,,
post #64 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post

Now I need a balanced dac. Help me please . Has to be black to match.smily_headphones1.gif

Gustard x12
post #65 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post


hahah i saw the video but it didnt rly tell me much. got the sense maybe intimate forward presentation and more organic rather than analytical.

can anyone give a relative sound signature & presentation different against some other equipment (if against lyr 2 or wa7, that wld be the most helpful)

thanks

 

The Cavalli sound isn't forward.  It is intimate.  Intimate in the sense that your heart and soul are part of the music listening experience.  That's my take on what Currawong was implying in the video.  I also consider the Cavalli sound to be more organic than analytical.  The Cavalli sound also has a certain style of soundstage or presentation that really suits me for enjoyable headphone listening.

 

I haven't heard the Liquid Carbon so can't comment on its specific sound.  It is a Cavalli though, so I know I will like it.  I do have a Liquid Fire.  I'm looking for a solid state style Cavalli sound to pair with it.  Yin and Yang.  Hybrid and solid state.  The Liquid Carbon will fill that sonic need.

post #66 of 1195

I'm going to order one, even though I have never heard a Cavalli before, because people I trust have tried it and said it's excellent. 

 

It does seem like people are reacting like they can get a $2-3,000 amp for $599, though. I mean, if the Carbon costs a small fraction of what the other amps representative of "the Cavalli sound" do, then I have to ask myself how realistic it is to expect that sound out of the Carbon. 

post #67 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by zniper2984 View Post


it would be better for me to stay away from these amp.smily_headphones1.gif

 

It's all the more reason to jump in. :D

The risk is that you'll find yourself wondering what does the Liquid Crimson sound like?  Or the little portable Cavalli?  You could find the Liquid Carbon to be a stepping stone to other Cavalli amps.

post #68 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post

Now I need a balanced dac.

 

Actually, you don't.  But it couldn't hurt.  :smile:


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #69 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Actually, you don't.  But it couldn't hurt.  smile.gif

God, I hate peeps like you:)
post #70 of 1195
Isn't the Gustard DAC too big a footprint for this amp?
post #71 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich View Post
 

The Cavalli sound isn't forward.  It is intimate.  Intimate in the sense that your heart and soul are part of the music listening experience.  That's my take on what Currawong was implying in the video.  I also consider the Cavalli sound to be more organic than analytical.  The Cavalli sound also has a certain style of soundstage or presentation that really suits me for enjoyable headphone listening.

so I was under the impression that forward is the opposite of distant. and distant is the same as laid-back. and laid-back is the opposite of intimate. so forward presentation and an intimate presentation means very similar things. other synonyms can include "engaging" or enveloping front-row sound stage rather than wide and distant back-row sound stage. or can be an increased frequency response in the presence range of 4-6khz that makes the music seem closer. Would tend to think more a warmer sound signature rather than a brighter signature when the term intimate is used.

 

Defining intimate as your heart & soul being part of the music doesn't really clarify anything about how this amplifier sounds to me.

 

could you please clarify how are you defining these terms and the differences in your mind between forward and intimate? thanks! :)

post #72 of 1195

I've been looking online with no luck. I've  never heard of an RSA balanced headphone output. What is it? What cable do you need?


Edited by Exidrion - 4/13/15 at 10:29pm
post #73 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Actually, you don't.  But it couldn't hurt.  smile.gif

God, I hate peeps like you:)

 

Glad to be of service!  :evil:  :D


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #74 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidrion View Post
 

I've been looking online with no luck. I've  never heard of an RSA balanced headphone output. What is it? What cable do you need?


It's one of three options on the output, Ray Samuels developed a balanced plug for portable gear, if you're not using it? You don't have to worry about it. Also included is a single balanced plug and a 1/4 in. for headphone outs.

post #75 of 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by achristilaw View Post
 


It's one of three options on the output, Ray Samuels developed a balanced plug for portable gear, if you're not using it? You don't have to worry about it. Also included is a single balanced plug and a 1/4 in. for headphone outs.


I've ALREADY ordered my RSA-based headphone cable from Double Helix. So, if I don't get in line in time for this amp, I'm going to be disappointed. :)

 

(My ALO RXMKIII-B+ (I hate typing that) also has an RSA balanced out. The one thing I don't like about it is that all the connectors are right-angle, where that's not so convenient for headphones.) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available