Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) - Page 679

post #10171 of 10682
Months in...with Sony MB90EX driven with Sony A-17 (via line out) + portable amps...

And I am still quite amazed at how good it sounds.

I came from a big, hot, heavy, "tied to the mains" desktop tube amp, and full sized Sennheisers.

The enjoyment of this much fidelity while enjoying portablity, has really been an incredible eye (and ear) opener.

I also enjoy Talan7's suggested "Radius HP-NHR-21", anytime I need extreme portability, to plug directly into the Sony A-17 player's headphone jack...is has top notch fidelity, also.

Thank you to the posters' in this thread!


tongue.gif
.
post #10172 of 10682
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzVinyl View Post

Months in...with Sony MB90EX driven with Sony A-17 (via line out) + portable amps...

And I am still quite amazed at how good it sounds.

I came from a big, hot, heavy, "tied to the mains" desktop tube amp, and full sized Sennheisers.

The enjoyment of this much fidelity while enjoying portablity, has really been an incredible eye (and ear) opener.

I also enjoy Talan7's suggested "Radius HP-NHR-21", anytime I need extreme portability, to plug directly into the Sony A-17 player's headphone jack...is has top notch fidelity, also.

Thank you to the posters' in this thread!


tongue.gif
.

 

 

I gotta try em. I have demoed them as they are everywhere here in Japan but I outta pay for a set. Too busy now but Radius is on the radar

post #10173 of 10682
They are still on tour. Chillaxing has been holding onto them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post


I gotta try em. I have demoed them as they are everywhere here in Japan but I outta pay for a set. Too busy now but Radius is on the radar

They are still on tour. Chillaxing has been holding onto them for me. I told him to send them to you. You should hear from him.
post #10174 of 10682
If you want to try the 31, (removable cables), I could send you those myself. They are too sensitive, more sensitive than the 21's, but balanced they really open up. I would send stock and balanced cables. I'm not listening to them right now as I'm enjoying my new phantom sabre's. Got the new phantom master on the way in the future.
post #10175 of 10682
The only complaint I have with the "Radius HP-NHR-21" is cable noise.

They use a cloth covered cable, and they are VERY microphonic.
post #10176 of 10682
@talan7 - how is the sensitivity of the Phantom Sabre's compared to the Radius NHR-21's?

Phantoms need an amp?
post #10177 of 10682

yo guys, 2 questions

 

1. Chord mojo is enough to make the mdr 7550s fully shine ? 

2. I still got the stock cable does a custom made one affect the sound at all or is it only because it looks and feels better ? 

post #10178 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzVinyl View Post

@talan7 - how is the sensitivity of the Phantom Sabre's compared to the Radius NHR-21's?

Phantoms need an amp?

Oh yeah, they need an amp, but they shine with one
post #10179 of 10682
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davixx500 View Post
 

yo guys, 2 questions

 

1. Chord mojo is enough to make the mdr 7550s fully shine ? 

2. I still got the stock cable does a custom made one affect the sound at all or is it only because it looks and feels better ? 


 Mojo has plenty of power. I used it to compare the ex800 and ASG 2.5 at the same time since it has dual Headphone outs. It was pushing them both well past safe levels. it is plenty

 

Stock cable is a horrific spider nightmare of misery. I used a via blue sleeve to fix that. New cable will look pretty and maybe fit better...maybe. No sonic changes

post #10180 of 10682
I ordered the Audeze isine20 yesterday, I'll have them in a few weeks. Can't wait to see how these move some serious air.
post #10181 of 10682
Double post. Sorry
post #10182 of 10682

Which IEM will be best for sub 60 and extremely bass and treble heavy without AMP/EQ?

post #10183 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzicLife View Post

Which IEM will be best for sub 60 and extremely bass and treble heavy without AMP/EQ?

haven't used any, too cheap to make such demands. No bass iem has nice treble unless you build one with bassy drivers and treble ba
post #10184 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzicLife View Post
 

Which IEM will be best for sub 60 and extremely bass and treble heavy without AMP/EQ?

 

The v-moda bass freq I had years ago at 50 retail were quite satisfying and had more high end sparkle than my urbeats though I consider my urbeats better sounding overall.

 

https://www.cnet.com/products/v-moda-bass-freq/review/


Edited by p4s2p0 - 1/15/17 at 6:11am
post #10185 of 10682
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)