I need advice on buying a new pair of headphones. I used to have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ω, but the cable on them broke, taking the driver out with it. These were powered via an Objective 2 Amp. I found the sound on these to be great, with the bass EVER SO SLIGHTLY lacking on certain songs. I found them to be comfortable for the 8+ hours a day I wore them, although the "headphone hair" was a slight issue.
My criteria are (in order of importance):
- Sound Quality - I listen to mostly rock / metal / electro swing, but I also listen to jazz and blues on occasion. I found my DT770s to be great for this, but a tad boring.
- Comfort - The headphones will be worn for around 8 hours a day, so comfort is an issue for me. However, I am willing to sacrifice some comfort if the sound quality justifies it.
- Price - My budget is a semi-flexible £150. Prices for the headphones in the title will be listed below.
Doing my own research, the headphones in the poll / title seem to be the forerunners for quality and comfort. I don't care for open or closed, just a great sound. I have found my curve preference to be somewhat flat.
Pricing for the poll / title headphones:
- Beyerdynamic DT770 80Ω - £99.75
- Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ω - £101
- Beyerdynamic DT990 250Ω - £100
- AKG K702 - £146
- AKG Q701 - £165
- Sennheiser HD598 - £146
If you know of any better headphones for my price range, then please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
*edit* I should probably mention that the DT990 is the Pro version. The premium is outside of my budget.
Edited by glomper99 - 4/3/15 at 8:11am