New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

grado - Page 2

post #16 of 56
The funny thing about a thread like this is you don't know what it sounds like when other people read your post. One person writes "I pronounce it like Grah-doh", and then people read "grah-doh" in about 20 different ways, depending on their accent and dialect

Personally, I think Grado rhymes with Playdough. But don't get them mixed up, or you will have squished headphones and ears full of clay.
post #17 of 56
hows that song go, i say tomato, you say tomato, i say potato, you say potato. you know wats relly embarrasing? me spelling potato wrong. let me go check the proper spelling. and i got it right!
post #18 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rempert
The funny thing about a thread like this is you don't know what it sounds like when other people read your post. One person writes "I pronounce it like Grah-doh", and then people read "grah-doh" in about 20 different ways, depending on their accent and dialect

Personally, I think Grado rhymes with Playdough. But don't get them mixed up, or you will have squished headphones and ears full of clay.
How do you pronounce "playdough"?
post #19 of 56
Gray Doh?

I have no idea how you can make Grado sound like Gray Doh..where do you get the Gray sound from?
post #20 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
How do you pronounce "playdough"?
I pronounce it in my loudest crow "caw" voice for Pla while waving my ......
post #21 of 56
I like these threads. They provide me with opportunities to increase my post count and advance further in my quest for Headphoneus Supremus fame and glory. When girls ask me "So, what do you do?", I'll be able to tell them "Oh, you know, I'm Headphoneus Supremus"

Oh yeah, I say Gray Doh
post #22 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZI
Gray Doh?

I have no idea how you can make Grado sound like Gray Doh..where do you get the Gray sound from?
I think it's Gray Doh like the word grade...

I personally say Grah Doh because I think it sounds better.
post #23 of 56
Ive always pronounced it grah doh and so has everybody else i know. Never knew about the gray doh.
post #24 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilPeart
When I first called Grado Labs to order the RS-2 headband (so long ago ), John Grado himself answered the phone by saying, "Good morning, Grado Labs." He used a long "A," as if one is pronouncing the letter A - the same "A" used in the word gate or mate. Since Grado is John's last name as well as that of his business, I'm pretty sure he knows how to pronounce it correctly!
All the people here who know better than John Grado on how to pronounce his family name and company should call him up and just say so! Who the hell does he think he is, anyway? Mule(which I pronounce M-yule, but others who know better may like mullee or mool).
post #25 of 56

i pronounce it gra-dough but i heard it on tv pronounced greedo (like the star-wars character)

post #26 of 56

holy crap, you just bumped a 6 year old thread...

post #27 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSaysHi View Post

holy crap, you just bumped a 6 year old thread...


lol

post #28 of 56

haha ya i need to remember to read the dates.

post #29 of 56

i pronounce it grah-doh because it sounds more sophisticated. i would also suggest it is pronounced like that because they have an italian background. 

post #30 of 56

yea but we still have this "issue" six years after



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSaysHi View Post

holy crap, you just bumped a 6 year old thread...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)