Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! - Page 71

post #1051 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoghurtlidlicker View Post
 

any news @Eide?

Just heard from my ACS rep. ACS are starting production of Emotion customs early in may. My rep. is waiting for new equipment. They need a 3D printer for some special shells to put the drivers into. I guess that is part of the new patented "IRIS technology" they are talking about. Hopefully the customs will be a bit more sturdy as well. I was told that my new Emotions were probably ready just over the summer. It´s a long wait, but I´m just happy that my customs get a new life and the possibility to be among the first to get the Emotion Customs. 

post #1052 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eide View Post

Sorry, no news about the upgrade from Encore to Emotion. I had almost forgotten this whole thing until you reminded me. I´ll ask my audiologist if there´s any news. The thing is, they are doing this upgrade almost for free. I didn´t pay much when upgrading from ACS T1 to Encore (just the extra drivers) and I think the same applies now. So I´m not in a position to be too pushy. And I got a pair of Noble Kaiser Encore to keep my ears happy at the moment, so I don´t miss my ACS customs.

But I´m always curious about new audio tech, and  "ACS’s patent pending IRIS technology and SSI sound imaging solution" sounds interesting.

They must like you more than they like me (maybe being in Europe gets some points that the New York office doesn't get...). My upgrade from T1 to Encore wasn't "almost free" (though you don't actually say what the "extra drivers" cost), and, still waiting to hear from the NY office on whether they will offer upgrade at all (they previously told me no; I sent another email a few days ago when I read that you had an upgrade offer, haven't heard back. Mine, as I mentioned, are collecting dust, willing to give the latest, greatest model a chance since it is a total loss as it is...).
post #1053 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eide View Post
 

Sorry, no news about the upgrade from Encore to Emotion. I had almost forgotten this whole thing until you reminded me. I´ll ask my audiologist if there´s any news. The thing is, they are doing this upgrade almost for free. I didn´t pay much when upgrading from ACS T1 to Encore (just the extra drivers) and I think the same applies now. So I´m not in a position to be too pushy. And I got a pair of Noble Kaiser Encore to keep my ears happy at the moment, so I don´t miss my ACS customs.

 

But I´m always curious about new audio tech, and  "ACS’s patent pending IRIS technology and SSI sound imaging solution" sounds interesting.

no worries! 

that's cool. thanks.

post #1054 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post


They must like you more than they like me (maybe being in Europe gets some points that the New York office doesn't get...). My upgrade from T1 to Encore wasn't "almost free" (though you don't actually say what the "extra drivers" cost), and, still waiting to hear from the NY office on whether they will offer upgrade at all (they previously told me no; I sent another email a few days ago when I read that you had an upgrade offer, haven't heard back. Mine, as I mentioned, are collecting dust, willing to give the latest, greatest model a chance since it is a total loss as it is...).

yeah it is a bit unfair. ACS told me "we don't know yet" and in the meantime, some customers are getting upgrades... good for them.
I stopped liking my Encores to be honest (I really tried!). I prefer VE Monks now.

Encores are my first and probably the last CIEM.
What a pain in the butt!


Edited by yoghurtlidlicker - 4/21/17 at 10:13am
post #1055 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoghurtlidlicker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

They must like you more than they like me (maybe being in Europe gets some points that the New York office doesn't get...). My upgrade from T1 to Encore wasn't "almost free" (though you don't actually say what the "extra drivers" cost), and, still waiting to hear from the NY office on whether they will offer upgrade at all (they previously told me no; I sent another email a few days ago when I read that you had an upgrade offer, haven't heard back. Mine, as I mentioned, are collecting dust, willing to give the latest, greatest model a chance since it is a total loss as it is...).
yeah it is a bit unfair. ACS told me "we don't know yet" and in the meantime, some customers are getting upgrades... good for them.

I stopped liking my Encores to be honest (I really tried!). I prefer VE Monks now.


Encores are my first and probably the last CIEM.

What a pain in the butt!

That's quite a comment, VE Monks over the Encores...
post #1056 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post


That's quite a comment, VE Monks over the Encores...

I'm not joking sir.
There is something wrong (to my ears) with Encores highs. 
Monks are detailed and 3d.

 

Obviously, my Utopias are better than Monks ;) 
 

post #1057 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoghurtlidlicker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

That's quite a comment, VE Monks over the Encores...
I'm not joking sir.

There is something wrong (to my ears) with Encores highs. 

Monks are detailed and 3d.

Obviously, my Utopias are better than Monks wink.gif 

 

I didn't doubt you-there's a reason my Encores are collecting dust as well. Agree on the highs, mine are bad there as well. Wonder if there is a lot of unit to unit variability in these. They are made individually to order, to fit a mold and all.
post #1058 of 1060
After many comparisons with the S-EM9 and SE5U the Encore are lacking highs but that can an asset because on some recordings the Encore are soft and punchy, remaining musical whereas the S-EM9 (S-EM6v2 too) and the SE5U will be aggressive or too accurate losing the musical approach. For those who want sparkle highs the Encore can be that CIEM, but that's often...
post #1059 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

After many comparisons with the S-EM9 and SE5U the Encore are lacking highs but that can an asset because on some recordings the Encore are soft and punchy, remaining musical whereas the S-EM9 (S-EM6v2 too) and the SE5U will be aggressive or too accurate losing the musical approach. For those who want sparkle highs the Encore can be that CIEM, but that's often...

I can totally understand why someone would LOVE Encores. I guess it's not for me...

Also, I've read an interview with Dr. John Moulton (Noble) and he said that some people just shouldn't use CIEMs (like himself).
Universal IEMs are better fit/sound for them.

post #1060 of 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoghurtlidlicker View Post

I'm not joking sir.

There is something wrong (to my ears) with Encores highs. 

Monks are detailed and 3d.

Obviously, my Utopias are better than Monks wink.gif 

 
Nonexsitent highs? Some people swears so, but I noticed those people favor brighter signature anyways.

For me, I prefer darker sigs and my ears are very sensitive to treble most of brighter cans sound harsh it's unbearable. So go figure smily_headphones1.gif.

I still like my encores a lot, but I must admit now I prefer my Ei.XX. More rumble, detail, and fun!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!