or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"The Lab" - Page 324

post #4846 of 19399
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

@acain - Are you suggesting I get divorced, so I can lose more weight?

eek.gif

Whoa, Hey there! Getting laid off is enough transition for now!

 

This is a transition not a midlife crisis! :wink_face:

 

Look on the bright side, you can go on funemployment for a bit, lay low, and look for better job than the one you had. We got Obama in the house, so you're good! 

 

I now digress from politics lol

post #4847 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post

Whoa, Hey there! Getting laid off is enough transition for now!

This is a transition not a midlife crisis! wink_face.gif

Look on the bright side, you can go on funemployment for a bit, lay low, and look for better job than the one you had. We got Obama in the house, so you're good! 

I now digress from politics lol

Cheers to that, bro!

Gather in' with the ex-work peeps tomorrow for lunch and (more importantly) beer wink_face.gif
post #4848 of 19399
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


Cheers to that, bro!

Gather in' with the ex-work peeps tomorrow for lunch and (more importantly) beer wink_face.gif

Hang in there chief. Sometimes God closes doors so he can open better ones for you.

post #4849 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post

Hang in there chief. Sometimes God closes doors so he can open better ones for you.

Thanks for the kind words. That would be spectacular!
post #4850 of 19399

I believe everything happens for a reason, for example I had a job that I hated and at the time my wife new it. She was driving me to work one day and told me to just quit and she didn't work at the time. I was the only income I was young and dumb and quit with nothing lined up pretty stupid. But I landed a job within a week and have been in the same trade for over 18 years. Best thing I have ever done.

post #4851 of 19399
@acain - You're the one making those spectacular HP stands?
post #4852 of 19399

I am making stands not sure if there spectacular but I like them.

post #4853 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

@acain - You're the one making those spectacular HP stands?


You live in Portland have you ever been to 1964 Ears?

post #4854 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


Thanks for the kind words. That would be spectacular!


+1 on closing doors to open new ones. When I got laid of after 22 years in training and HR, I was at a loss on what to do next. Thankfully two months on my duff with my foot in a cast gave me time to think, and I then followed up with some serious networking, which helped raise my awareness of career counselling as a possible direction. Acted on it, and have never been happier. Same goes for many of my clients who've gone through what, in hind-sight, turned out to be change for the best. Chin up, bucko!

post #4855 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakushondaimao View Post
 


+1 on closing doors to open new ones. When I got laid of after 22 years in training and HR, I was at a loss on what to do next. Thankfully two months on my duff with my foot in a cast gave me time to think, and I then followed up with some serious networking, which helped raise my awareness of career counselling as a possible direction. Acted on it, and have never been happier. Same goes for many of my clients who've gone through what, in hind-sight, turned out to be change for the best. Chin up, bucko!


You work in an office all day? I have done that before I used to work for the Federal Communications Commission before I became a Machinist. I don't think I could every go back to office work, I like moving around all day. When I worked in an office I used to catch myself falling asleep at my desk.

post #4856 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by acain View Post
 


You work in an office all day? I have done that before I used to work for the Federal Communications Commission before I became a Machinist. I don't think I could every go back to office work, I like moving around all day. When I worked in an office I used to catch myself falling asleep at my desk.


In an office, but I spend easily half my time out... doing presentations, meeting clients at coffee shops (which involves walking from place to place). I travel a fair amount in Alberta, and sometimes work from home. Attend lots of events, meet lots of people... Most of all, 90% of what I do helps others, and I see the effects of my work almost daily (clients getting interviews, getting jobs, getting promotions). Wouldn't give my job up for anything... well, maybe a super-lotto win...

post #4857 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by acain View Post


You live in Portland have you ever been to 1964 Ears?

Yes, right before Black Friday last year in the pre-ADEL days. I auditioned their lineup and was thinking of purchasing the V6S or V8, but then I heard about the ADEL KickStarter and decided to wait for reviews.
post #4858 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakushondaimao View Post
 


In an office, but I spend easily half my time out... doing presentations, meeting clients at coffee shops (which involves walking from place to place). I travel a fair amount in Alberta, and sometimes work from home. Attend lots of events, meet lots of people... Most of all, 90% of what I do helps others, and I see the effects of my work almost daily (clients getting interviews, getting jobs, getting promotions). Wouldn't give my job up for anything... well, maybe a super-lotto win...

That sounds like a great job I love working with people, I love my job but I would love to be able to do work were it's somewhere different every day. I travel sometimes for work mostly in Chicago, and sometimes to Italy. When I worked for the Government, the only think I miss is all the benefits, every 8 hours worked you earn 1 hour towards vacation time and that's not even on top of your regular time and sick time. And the unbelievable pension, now I have a 401K that is nothing like a government pension.

 

If you win the lottery you could just start your own job hunting business.

post #4859 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post


Yes, right before Black Friday last year in the pre-ADEL days. I auditioned their lineup and was thinking of purchasing the V6S or V8, but then I heard about the ADEL KickStarter and decided to wait for reviews.


How was the Adel, I have always been interested in the V6 stage.

post #4860 of 19399
Quote:
Originally Posted by acain View Post

I am making stands not sure if there spectacular but I like them.


Spectacular ...and amazing ....brother ...like this




Quote:
Originally Posted by hakushondaimao View Post


In an office, but I spend easily half my time out... doing presentations, meeting clients at coffee shops (which involves walking from place to place). I travel a fair amount in Alberta, and sometimes work from home. Attend lots of events, meet lots of people... Most of all, 90% of what I do helps others, and I see the effects of my work almost daily (clients getting interviews, getting jobs, getting promotions). Wouldn't give my job up for anything... well, maybe a super-lotto win...

Maybe me send you me resume ...kekekekekeee ..me need help too wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: