or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread - Page 18

post #256 of 1264

Thank you for your effort.
All flac files I tried was high resulotion so it explains them. But some of the files I tested that encode the same file to different formats including MP3 and WAV. I used the Digital Audio Converter and AnyMP4 Video Converter. They worked in my computer and in a cheap mp3 player. I'll try again tomorrow, maybe I missed something. I pm you my e-mail

post #257 of 1264

It all has dissolved, I upgraded the firmware but it was not there  the problem was. The problem was my in-ear headphones! When I tried my third pair then everything normal. Did not think the headphones could make it sound so strange. It sounded as if you took the different instruments and thrown them out in the room, some barely heard others with strange echo ....
So, these in-ear headphones works not to Xuelin IHIFI 770C: Tuna-X1 and KZ ED8

 

Thanks again

post #258 of 1264

Another question related to Xuelin IHIFI 770C. What kind of headphones do you have?

I was going to buy new in-ear headphones so what do you recommend?

I have to that doesent work, Tuna-X1 och KZ ED8. The one I have that work is old and the brand has worn off.

post #259 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersb67 View Post

Another question related to Xuelin IHIFI 770C. What kind of headphones do you have?
I was going to buy new in-ear headphones so what do you recommend?
I have to that doesent work, Tuna-X1 och KZ ED8. The one I have that work is old and the brand has worn off.

I bet the ones that dont work have mics in the cable, right? I have a few with mics that dont work unless I pull the jack out a bit until and play around until they sound right.
post #260 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersb67 View Post
 

Another question related to Xuelin IHIFI 770C. What kind of headphones do you have?

I was going to buy new in-ear headphones so what do you recommend?

I have to that doesent work, Tuna-X1 och KZ ED8. The one I have that work is old and the brand has worn off.

My preference for all my Xuelin players has been iem's with dynamic drivers, although Westone 2's have worked well with the 770 and 770C.  There are several relatively inexpensive iem's with dynamic drivers out there that people like.  I have the TTPOD T1E and Ostry KC06 that I think work well with the 770s.  Another really inexpensive iem that sounds pretty good for the money is VJJB K1.  Although I don't have the Tennmak DIY ie800, it is relatively inexpensive and it may be a good choice for the 770s.  I have a YINJW ie800 that I use all the time with my 960 and 800, but my version has a mic (which is all I could find), but I think that it performs exceptionally well (esp since it only cost ~$25 US).  YinJW does make the ie800 without a mic, but I haven't found a place to buy it except on a Taobao site.  But (as alluded to by Wayne's World) the 770s do not do well with iem's with mics, so I would avoid these.  If you haven't been following the thread on Chinese earphones, amps, etc under the category of Portable Headphones in the Head Fi forums,then you might consider looking at the posts there for ideas.  There are several really nice iem's that can be had for reasonable prices; however, there are a few (IMO) that have been overhyped (like the SoundSoul S-018) so you have to be a little careful over there....


Edited by jdog - 3/20/15 at 4:23am
post #261 of 1264
I use my 770 with Havi B3P1 and Moe Audio SS-01. Both are great.
post #262 of 1264

One has a mic in cable. The only thing they have in common is that they come from the same manufacturer, sounded good on the description at AliExpress .........
I'll check both Ostry and HAVI B3 when they are within my price range.
Thanks for the tips.

post #263 of 1264
Guys would this blend will say an etymotic er-4s? Will this give enough juice?
post #264 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersb67 View Post

One has a mic in cable. The only thing they have in common is that they come from the same manufacturer, sounded good on the description at AliExpress .........

I'll check both Ostry and HAVI B3 when they are within my price range.

Thanks for the tips.

Check out the kc06a as well - they are great. And for more $, the Dunu Titan1's sound really awesome off of the 770.
post #265 of 1264
Haha, I have both iems that Wayne suggested but no 770 in sight yet... (wait until April!) Send yours to me so I can give you feedback!

The KC06A is fun kick bottom listen, whereas the Titan has that deep bottom surrounded by awesome instrument layout! I'm looking for an iem with ridiculous details...
post #266 of 1264

Well, I hope I am bringing some good news to all 770 and 770C owners...  Xuelin now is announcing that there will be firmware upgrades for the 770s (and the 960) sometime this month (April 2015).  The translation is a little hard to follow for all of the upgrades, but it looks like that the new firmwares for the 770s (and 960) are being moved up to match the features already on the 800.  While this is good news, I hope they will continue to add more upgrades soon for all players, including the 800.  They do not give an exact date for the firmware release, so I will keep my eyes open and let you know...  They have also posted all the current firmware links for the 960, 770, 770C, 800 and 812v2....  To check this out go to i-hifi.com and look under the News and Events section....

post #267 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog View Post
 

Well, I hope I am bringing some good news to all 770 and 770C owners...  Xuelin now is announcing that there will be firmware upgrades for the 770s (and the 960) sometime this month (April 2015).  The translation is a little hard to follow for all of the upgrades, but it looks like that the new firmwares for the 770s (and 960) are being moved up to match the features already on the 800.  While this is good news, I hope they will continue to add more upgrades soon for all players, including the 800.  They do not give an exact date for the firmware release, so I will keep my eyes open and let you know...  They have also posted all the current firmware links for the 960, 770, 770C, 800 and 812v2....  To check this out go to i-hifi.com and look under the News and Events section....

 

That interesting jdog! Although I'm not sure what the firmware upgrade will give me...

post #268 of 1264

@jdog it says definitely old firmware but I update my 770 device and it is different then current v2.02 firmware, when ı look up system information it says 770-8740_v1.04 I am not sure is it older version than v2.02. And it has same features like they says in the update page for upgraded lock function, media library, different settings for volume level etc. but it still cant play 24 bit flac files and favorites function not work as like they said. Actually as I saw in new firmware img ( I am not sure but maybe it is just a beta one) nothing

I expected improved in that firmware (24bit flac support, alac file support, album picture art support...) and also sound level felt like a less than the older firmware I generally listen at 30 but after update it felt like same level at 35 but I am not sure (in higher output mode selected).

 

 

In the end I think for xuelin best solution is for device 770 sharing the touchpad driver and making device rockboxable like 960 and 812v2 in the other hand I don't think they going to improve themselves for rk27xx chip firmware any further. 


Edited by peyote - 4/14/15 at 3:58am
post #269 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by peyote View Post
 

@jdog it says definitely old firmware but I update my 770 device and it is different then current v2.02 firmware, when ı look up system information it says 770-8740_v1.04 I am not sure is it older version than v2.02. And it has same features like they says in the update page for upgraded lock function, media library, different settings for volume level etc. but it still cant play 24 bit flac files and favorites function not work as like they said. Actually as I saw in new firmware img ( I am not sure but maybe it is just a beta one) nothing

I expected improved in that firmware (24bit flac support, alac file support, album picture art support...) and also sound level felt like a less than the older firmware I generally listen at 30 but after update it felt like same level at 35 but I am not sure (in higher output mode selected).

 

 

In the end I think for xuelin best solution is for device 770 sharing the touchpad driver and making device rockboxable like 960 and 812v2 in the other hand I don't think they going to improve themselves for rk27xx chip firmware any further. 

Peyote,

 

You are absolutely correct, these are the updated firmware programs.  I'm not sure why they labeled them "old".  A bit misleading to say the least...  The new firmware upgrades for the 770s basically provide the same firmware options already seen on the 800.  You can build a favorites playlist, but you have to read the instructions over and over and then try it out a couple times, but the favorites list can only be built from the internal memory of the DAP (and not from microsd card).  To build a favorites list, you have to go to "All Music" line under the main Music file.  Open  "All Music" with the select arrow key; you will then see a list (in alphanumeric order) of all songs on your internal flash.  Use your forward and back keys to find a song you want to add to your favorites list.  Press the select arrow on that song for 2 seconds, then release.  You will see a small box come up in the right lower corner of the screen that says "Add to favorites".  Press the select arrow one more time and the song gets added to your favorites list.  You then have to go back to the page with "Current play". "all music", etc and select the line that says "My favorite" and you will find the songs you selected.

 

To be honest, some people may find the upgrade worthwhile and others will see no real value.  I completely agree that Xuelin should move toward more substantial upgrades; the folks at FiiO basically adopted many of the more "popular" features of rockbox and adapted these for their new FiiO X3 2nd generation.  I'm not sure why Xuelin could not do the same thing...  I do think we need to keep pushing Xuelin to come up with better file format support, gapless playback, album art display (no more pictures of toy ducks), etc.  I'll keep sending in emails...

post #270 of 1264
^ now that you mention it, I would welcome gapless playback.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread