Cantatis Overture 192 HiFi Audio Interface. High end and very rare!
Will Ship To: Anywhere
I was about to dust off this card for sale (it was boxed for a year or so) ... and just for fun opted for a quick audition. Well, I was pretty much smitten how capable it is! Actually, I've never heard such smoothness, details or such nicely balanced delivery from any sound card ever. No usual traits of digital harshness - confirmed by my extremely demanding Elac tweeters. Very good channel separation and balance (probably credit to dual mono design). Best I've heard from PC audio interface.It was on-pair and even better that Rega DAC! It's PCI based and that's even better IMO as there is no dreadful PCIe bridge conversion and less latency, of course, as it's based on native VIA Envy24 PCI chipset. Another interesting feature is that drivers are tweaked so that 88.2 sample rate is available and also the card is represented to Windows OS as digital audio device, so no nasty windows mixer involvement. You have to control the volume from the audio player.
Build quality is premium. PCB is multi layered and of very high quality. Those heat-sinks are put in place by me, by the way. They are covering the op-amps, DACs and Vregs. Apart from the fact that they act as nice EMI shield, they are cooling the card as it runs REALLY hot. It was pain in the thing to install them and find matched size according to the PCB clearance points, but they do cool PCB really effectively and dook look nice on the card!
Condition is "as new" with original packaging. RRP is £500 and proudly made in the UK! Free UK shipping. For international shipping, please drop me a msg.
|Dynamic range (A-weighted)||132 dB||124 dB|
|Signal to Noise (A-weighted)||132 dB||125 dB|
|THD+N @ VOUT = 0 dB||< 0.0004%||< 0.0005%|
|Jitter||< 75 pS||< 75 pS|
|Frequency response - 2Hz to 22kHz||+/- 0.2 dB||+/- 0.4 dB|
Device specifications noted above; performance within particular computers may differ slightly.
- Analogue outputs - nominal 2.3V rms on studio grade, gold plated RCA female connectors.
- Headphone Outputs - 3.5mm connector and on-board header for linking to computer front panel.
- Sample rates - 32kHz to 192kHz (automatic or user-selected including up-sampling).
- Digital output S/PDIF - optical (TOSLINK) and co-axial (RCA) outputs at up to full 192kHz sampling rate.
- On-board expansion ports for additional audio outputs or inputs.
- PCI 2.2 and 2.3 compliant.
- WDM drivers for Microsoft Windows® 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows7.
- For more information relating to Windows7 see Support Questions.
- ASIO 2.0 compatible, with suitable software.
- Intuitive control panel softare for ultimate ease of use.
- Easy and quick to install.
- Intuitive control application for ultimate ease of use.