First time actually writing on the forum... so I hope that this is in the right place :)
So, I'm looking to buy an early xmas present for my self
I have found 3 IEM's that I like. Mostly because they are "the wrap around the ear" kind.
Some background for you guys of my music taste: I like metal, progressive metal, some rap, rock. My favorite "bands" are Animals as Leader, Rammstein, Mastodon and Ayreon. I also like vocal music or just acoustic guitar or piano music.
1. Shure SE215-K
- They have those comfy looking foam pads that I like already in the box.
- Removable cable. It also looks pretty durable.
- Great reviews online.
- Some say there is some noise transferred by "friction" (clothes etc. rubbing against the cable) on the cable in to ears.
- Price: 99€
2. Sennheiser IE 60
- Sennheiser (yes. I do like the brand)
- Also great reviews.
- The case that comes with it is amazing looking.
- The cable looks like a cable from a cheap ear buds.
- Price: 134€
3. Ostry KC06 or KC06A
- Cheap. Cheap. Cheap.
- Bang for the buck according to the reviews.
- I like the look and the metal contruction.
- China so... hard to get.
- Price: 45€
4. Beats urBeats
- It has the cool logo that everyone wants
I'd like for the experts on this forum to explain to me what are the main differences between these models, also how does their technologies differentiate from each other?
Are the IE60's worth it, since I could get both the SE215 and the KC06 combined for almost the same price? Be free to open my mind to some other IEM's :)!
Thanks in advance!
PS. This would be my first "studio" grade audio purchace, since I use in-ears a lot, I thought that I'd start with those. Next I will be buying an amp (maybe ODAC, with the amp) and some over the ears earphones ( such as Ath-M50, DT770 etc.)
Edited by Miroxter - 11/27/14 at 8:03am