I allready posted this but since it dissapeared after 5 minutes I created this thread again. :P
I'm pretty new to Hi-Fi and don't know much (even after reading a lot last days) :P
I found this site when searching for a new pair of cans since my Sony MDR-ZX100 stopped working on the right side
and I allready wanted to go deeper in the headphone world.
A few weeks ago my brother bought the (for me expensive) Sennheiser HD 558.
After a while he did let me try them and I was blown away by the sound that could come out of a headphone! :D
The best headphones I ever had was the Sony MDR-ZX100 which died at the right side after being heavily used at school and on the bike.
I play fps video games and listen indie rock, hard rock, bit of metal, old pop rock (like the Rolling Stones), Alternative rock (like Kansas) and music like Coldplay makes (don't really know the genre xD )
After having heard the beauty of a good headphone I decided to get a good pair of cans too and not a extremely cheap one like the Sony.
I have the Budget around the 50 Euro's but I think that doesn't says much to the most of you since a lot of you are American and use the Dollar.
As a reference: The Sennheiser HD 419 is 50 Euro's.
I found out the followings are pretty good in this segment:
- Superlux HD-686B (30 Euro)
- Samson SR850 (30 Euro)
- Sennheiser 419 (50 Euro)
- Philips Citiscape Uptown (55 Euro)
- Philips Citiscape Downtown (40 Euro)
- Panasonic RP-HTX7 (55 Euro)
I don't know which one to choose and hope you guys can help me picking one.
The headphone doesn't have to be portable because I will mainly use it on the PC.
The soundcard is a intergrated chip (Realtek ALC1150.)
Thanks and Cheers!!!
- I don't have a problem with open headphones since sound leakage isn't a problem.
- I would like a detachable cable but it isn't necessary.
- I read that some people are disappointed how some other threads end with just the choice but not with how they like the headphones and if they recommend them. I started this thread with the intention to write a small and simple review after buying one. It won't be an amazing review but I will make one because that's what this site is for right? :)
Edited by Snibbelgaurd - 11/27/14 at 12:41am