New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-Moda Crossfade LP

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Hi all,

I managed to get a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP's for £50 in one of the Amazon flash sales today. They are getting delivered tomorrow, but after looking around on the internet I've found mixed reviews on them. My question is, for £50 are they a good buy, or am I better off sending the back and saving my money for something else?

Thanks in advance

 
 
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
 

Hi all,

I managed to get a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP's for £50 in one of the Amazon flash sales today. They are getting delivered tomorrow, but after looking around on the internet I've found mixed reviews on them. My question is, for £50 are they a good buy, or am I better off sending the back and saving my money for something else?

Thanks in advance

 
 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/celebrity-headphone-deathmatch-v-moda

if you're looking for more of a basshead can its a good deal

post #3 of 12

omg, is the deal still up? I would like to take on that deal as well! Could you provide me with the link?

 

And yes, it is a good deal, if you are a basshead!


Edited by Limenyang - 11/25/14 at 5:39pm
post #4 of 12

I got mine for about that price about 6 months ago, and am still rocking them, they are really bass heavy, but with some eq-ing you can bring the mids and treble out so that the sound is really divine.

post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limenyang View Post
 

omg, is the deal still up? I would like to take on that deal as well! Could you provide me with the link?

 

And yes, it is a good deal, if you are a basshead!

No. It was an Amazon Lightning deal http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/deals

 

However I notice some of the deals have reappeared a day or two later.

post #6 of 12

I got my Crossfade LP's last year in a similar sale. At that price range they obtain a pretty good cost|performance|build quality ratio.

Although, I did find the bass muddy (as many others claim) and the sound does improve from use (burn-in). As Tim-E has stated, a good sound equalisor setting really helps the obtainable sound signature.

If I remember correctly a lot of posts on here and elsewhere had a lot of bickering over them at the time.

I'd suggest listening to them from a shop or friend if possible, then make your decision.


Edited by ApplesRevenge - 11/26/14 at 5:55am
post #7 of 12

Damn, I was browsing through it yesterday! I cannot believe i missed it! :( *cries*

post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limenyang View Post
 

Damn, I was browsing through it yesterday! I cannot believe i missed it! :( *cries*

Keep checking back. They usually repeat the deals. I'm sure I've seen Crossfade LP's on it twice already.

post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the help! Unless anything better comes along for the price I'll hang on to them. I've tried them briefly, but kept all the packaging/plastic film on them in case I decide to send them back. As mentioned the sound definitely improved after some eq-ing and they're certainly a lot better than anything else I've had. Thanks again

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the help. I'll hang on to them unless something else comes up tomorrow. Tried Eq-ing and it made a great improvement. They are definitely a lot better than anything else I've had before :)

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
 

Thanks for the help. I'll hang on to them unless something else comes up tomorrow. Tried Eq-ing and it made a great improvement. They are definitely a lot better than anything else I've had before :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the Crossfade LP's! At that price point they're great bang for your buck.

Happy listening. :) 

post #12 of 12

I use these at work all day.

They do a great job of blocking out all the noise around me (perfect in an open office space) and the sound is fantastic.

They are also very comfortable. I hardly know I have them on. (And they look really slick, too.)

They are pretty hefty though, and the case is nice and sturdy but big, so plan accordingly if you're planning to travel with them.

:wink_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home