Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › E10K vs Objective 2 + ODAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

E10K vs Objective 2 + ODAC

Poll Results: Which one?

 
  • 40% (2)
    FiiO E10K
  • 60% (3)
    Mayflower OBJECTIVE2 + ODAC
5 Total Votes  
post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Which one should I get?

 

Will be using the WS99 and/or XBA-Z5 on it.

post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansc View Post
 

Which one should I get?

Will be using the WS99 and/or XBA-Z5 on it.

 

The FiiO E10K has way more then enough power to drive the 32-Ohm Sony XBA-25 or the 37-Ohm Audio Technica ATH-WS99.

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 

So does my phone, but my current IEMs sure sound better on the computer.

 

I'm under the impression that dac amps CAN improve the quality of the sound being output, not just drive the headphones plugged into them.

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansc View Post
 

So does my phone, but my current IEMs sure sound better on the computer.

 

I'm under the impression that dac amps CAN improve the quality of the sound being output, not just drive the headphones plugged into them.

 

add-on DAC/amp will improve the audio quality of the sound.

I guess the point I was trying to make is the O2 may output more amplifier power then the E10K, but it should not really make a (noticeable?) difference when it comes to driving low impedance headphones, over the E10K.

The ODAC's Sabre DAC chip should offer more detail then the E10K's PCM5102 DAC chip.

But the ODAC/O2 combo ($280) does cost way more then an E10K ($75).

If you had a lot of 24-bit/96k FLAC music files, then the ODAC/O2 might be more tempting.

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 

Alright, so the O2 shouldn't be a huge upgrade to the E10K considering what headphones I'll be using.

 

Thanks for the help!

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansc View Post
 

Alright, so the O2 shouldn't be a huge upgrade to the E10K considering what headphones I'll be using.

 

Thanks for the help!

 

I just recently picked up some used ATH-ESW9 off eBay and they sound great.

How do you like the ATH-WS99s?

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

I just recently picked up some used ATH-ESW9 off eBay and they sound great.

How do you like the ATH-WS99s?

I don't have it (yet).

 

Have been contemplating between:

XBA-Z5

XBA-H3

CKS1000

WS99

 

...and I've finally narrowed it down to the XBA-H3 or WS99 since they fit my budget more.

 

I've been reading the WS99, CKS1000 and XBA-H3 threads and this is where I'm having an issue. The WS99 and CKS1000 seem like they receive "better" praise and reviews versus the XBA-H3, but when I read comments comparing the two, the H3 wins by a small margin; until I read this reply: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/715697/the-audiophile-bass-lounge-basshead-club-part-ii/1185#post_11078949

 

I get them for the same price. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › E10K vs Objective 2 + ODAC