I've been using a set of Corsair Vengeance 2000/2100's for a while, but I've got some problems with it. The shop where I've bought it offered me to refund my purchase if I send them back.
That means I am going to buy a new pair.
I've been looking around the interwebs, but since I don't really know too much about headphones, nor music specs in general I can't really make a decision. Sadly enough, because I'm really busy with my study I can't really read into it too well. That's why I would like some advice from you guys...
I am thinking about getting a pair of nice headphones with a cheap mic to go along it for Skype and stuff. That'll probably be a cheap clip-on mic from DealExtreme for now and a ModMic later on. There are some things I want to share with you first:
- The main usage will be gaming, listening to music and watching Twitch streams and YouTube videos. For music I've made a Spotify playlist with some music I like and for gaming, think games like Battlefield, Skyrim and pretty much everything else;
- I'm willing to spend a bit more then I'll get refunded from the Corsair headset, so my budget will be around €150. The headphones need to be sold in or shipped to the Netherlands and for Dutch prices you can search on Tweakers (type in the top bar).
- The most important things to me are the comfort and build/sound quality.
I wear the headphones for quite some time a day, so they need to be nice and comfy. I have quite big ears, so the cups need to be large as well.
Build and sound quality wouldn't need an explanation I guess.
- I would like it if they could be used with my PS4 as well. I don't know if that is a thing to look out for, but I just want to mention it.
Right, so those are the things that you should know as far as I know. Do you want to know a bit more, just ask me.
Like I mentioned, I've been looking around the interwebs and I've made a short list of headphones that seem nice. Here is a list with the prices where I would buy them:
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50X - €126.98 (at Amazon.de)
- Sennheiser HD 558/598 - €119/€153 (at Amazon.de)
- AKG K612 PRO - €129 (at a Dutch store, but there is no price comparison for this one)
So this is the list I currently have, but now comes the difficult part: choosing and answering questions. That's where I would like your advice.
There are a few questions I would like to ask you guys:
- Would I need an amplifier or something, or would the Realtek ALC898 in my motherboard be sufficient?
- What would be better for my usage (gaming/music listening/Twitch/YouTube): open or closed back? What would be the exact difference between the two?
- Most important, which one would you buy or do you have another one to recommend?I
I'll try to answer a couple of them myself when I've got a bit more time, but if you guys could help me with my choice and questions that would be awesome!