New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 - Page 9

post #121 of 2366
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapX629 View Post
 

+500 for Porcupine Tree.


Most underrated band in the history................and one of the best too;)

post #122 of 2366
Thread Starter 

Trying to increase bass impact of havi wih rockbox............hit and trial is not easy.

 

Another update-------------unless u are listening to bad old recordings or songs with high dynamic range with lower volume,,,amp is not really necessary and clip+ at -5 powers the havi just fine.Not saying amp won't make a difference but it won't be night and day.So people should not be worried about an amp unless u are using anemic sony players

post #123 of 2366
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Never heard that song before. Great song! And to answer your question, yes, it sounds great on the B3's.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I listened to some of their songs when I first heard about them a few months ago but something didn't click. Now I'm totally blown away. Thank you very much for the recommendation. I can't decide if I like the live version or the studio better; do they have any live albums?

post #124 of 2366
Thread Starter 
Must be.
post #125 of 2366
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Never heard that song before. Great song! And to answer your question, yes, it sounds great on the B3's.

 

Make sure you listen to these guys as well when you get your B3's...

 

i dun listen to rock..or watever this is called...but this sounds exciting...u should listen to it on the MIKROS ..wow !

post #126 of 2366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

i dun listen to rock..or watever this is called...but this sounds exciting...u should listen to it on the MIKROS ..wow !

Glad you like it Lors! I think that I posted some other PT vids on the Mikros thread in the past and that you dug them. So it all goes under the heading "Porcupine Tree rocks" lol
post #127 of 2366
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post


Glad you like it Lors! I think that I posted some other PT vids on the Mikros thread in the past and that you dug them. So it all goes under the heading "Porcupine Tree rocks" lol

Gotta tell you, after listening to "Blackest Eyes" live this morning, I've been listening all day. I may have found a new favorite band (in my list of about 20 favorites). I've also added "Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (+ anything else)" to my list of CDs to get. Thanks very much for the recommendation.

post #128 of 2366
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapz View Post
 

Gotta tell you, after listening to "Blackest Eyes" live this morning, I've been listening all day. I may have found a new favorite band (in my list of about 20 favorites). I've also added "Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (+ anything else)" to my list of CDs to get. Thanks very much for the recommendation.

 

My last OT post for a while! But yeah, they are my favorite band. Steven Wilson is the lead singer, songwriter and guitarist, and he is basically a genius. The problem with recommending PT songs is that they all range from good to awesome, and most of their albums are great. But the below spoiler shows some of my favorite songs. Another great album is Steven Wilson's latest solo album The Raven That Refused To Sing. I really hope they get back together again, because as you can see from that video, they are awesome live.

Songs.. (Click to show)
Porcupine Tree\1996-Signify\12 - Dark Matter.mp3
Porcupine Tree\1996-Signify\05 - Waiting Phase One.mp3
Porcupine Tree\1996-Signify\08 - Idiot Prayer.mp3
 
Porcupine Tree\1999-Stupid Dream\01 - Even Less.mp3
Porcupine Tree\1999-Stupid Dream\02 - Piano Lessons.mp3
Porcupine Tree\1999-Stupid Dream\04 - Pure Narcotic.mp3
Porcupine Tree\1999-Stupid Dream\05 - Slave Called Shiver.mp3
Porcupine Tree\1999-Stupid Dream\09 - Stranger By The Minute.mp3
 
Porcupine Tree\2000-Lightbulb Sun\04 Shesmovedon.mp3
 
Porcupine Tree\2002-In Absentia\02 Trains.mp3
Porcupine Tree\2002-In Absentia\13 Drown With Me.mp3
Porcupine Tree\2002-In Absentia\01 Blackest Eyes.mp3
Porcupine Tree\2002-In Absentia\15 Futile.mp3
 
Porcupine Tree\2005-Deadwing\01-Deadwing.mp3
Porcupine Tree\2005-Deadwing\05-Arriving Somewhere But Not Here.mp3
Porcupine Tree\2005-Deadwing\06-Mellotron Scratch.mp3
Porcupine Tree\2005-Deadwing\08-The Start of Something Beautiful.mp3
Porcupine Tree\2005-Deadwing\09-Glass Arm Shattering.mp3
Porcupine Tree\2005-Deadwing\12-Mother And Child Divided (Bonus).mp3
 
Some b-sides:
 
Porcupine Tree\Futile\02 Orchidia.mp3
Porcupine Tree\Recordings\07 In Formaldehyde.mp3
Porcupine Tree\Recordings\08 Even Less (Extended version).mp3
Porcupine Tree\Stars Die_ The Delerium Years 1991-1997\01 Radioactive Toy.mp3
post #129 of 2366

http://www.amazon.com/Exotic-Dances-Opera-Anton%C3%ADn-Dvorák/dp/B0000015A7

 

 

First time listening to this amazing cd by Eiji Oue..

straight out of the MacAir/Audirvana to the HAVI b3...

what a treat..superb clarity..depth...v dynamic...what a joy !!

Go n grab this cd.

post #130 of 2366
Check out Hate Song on DVD "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here". Stevens guitar solo is epic swirling around your head in surround sound. Gavin's drum are incomparable as well. PT rocks!
post #131 of 2366

Speaking of "surround sound" and binaural recordings, check out the album "Up Close" by Ottmar Liebert. (Hint: impressions?)

 

I especially like the drum in the second track, the one to the right and slightly back of you. 

post #132 of 2366

i've just got the havi. took 8 days, one of the extreme fast shipments of mine :) unfortunately i don't have an amp right now but i found it pretty listenable with a little software amplification, on low bass levels of course. from my 1 hour test at low volume, i can say the frequency seperations are shining on this item. i'm expecting more deep bass with an amp. so far, my first impressions are good. treble clarity is on a high level, seperations are fine, no limitations on the soundstage, bass is there not absolutely missing, but i need an amp to conclude. no disappointments after all, that's something...

 

update: i feel the mid layers are the same with vsonic gr02 (if not slightly better), i felt nearly no difference. but treble is clearly more seperated and vocals more forwarded. but highs are not involving enough with mids, maybe too much seperated ? i'm not sure if this is a good thing. highs are present with the vocals but does not even touching to mids. i did tried to amplify 2-4khz, i think it helps to this situation but i'm not sure how much...

 

hey what was the problem with the pro II again, i mean why people hate it ? somebody fetch me a link or something explains that please...


Edited by vaziyetu - 11/14/14 at 2:48pm
post #133 of 2366
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaziyetu View Post
 

i've just got the havi. took 8 days, one of the extreme fast shipments of mine :) unfortunately i don't have an amp right now but i found it pretty listenable with a little software amplification, on low bass levels of course. from my 1 hour test at low volume, i can say the frequency seperations are shining on this item. i'm expecting more deep bass with an amp. so far, my first impressions are good. treble clarity is on a high level, seperations are fine, no limitations on the soundstage, bass is there not absolutely missing, but i need an amp to conclude. no disappointments after all, that's something...

 

update: i feel the mid layers are the same with vsonic gr02 (if not slightly better), i felt nearly no difference. but treble is clearly more seperated and vocals more forwarded. but highs are not involving enough with mids, maybe too much seperated ? i'm not sure if this is a good thing. highs are present with the vocals but does not even touching to mids. i did tried to amplify 2-4khz, i think it helps to this situation but i'm not sure how much...

 

hey what was the problem with the pro II again, i mean why people hate it ? somebody fetch me a link or something explains that please...


Its not a good thing and this is what i meant earlier when i said b3 lacks coherence vs vc02.

On extended listening comparing vc02 and b3,,,,,,vc02 has a 2d soundstage with much less surround effect.

 

But mids/vocals are much more natural(will appear recessed vs b3) though lack a tad bit seperation vs b3,however the b3 sounds more forward.

On bass vc02 is clearly ahead.

For highs both are good with vc02 a tad better but also with more piercing effect and a bit of sibilance for some tracks though much less than gr07.

 

 

But biggest difference is the coherence offered by vc02.I woud like to hear impressions of others with vc02 to see if they report same findings or not.Remember to use deep insertion for vc02 and wide bore tips for b3 for best effect.


Edited by sardar17 - 11/15/14 at 3:15am
post #134 of 2366

Got my HAVI B3 Pro1 today.

 

One question - does bass department improve with play-in ? For me bass seems to be too laid back / recessed. I`m no way basshead but prefer tinybit extended bass. B3 seem to be VERY neutral and bass department gives no emotion to me. If bass doesn`t improve, then these are going for sale (inside EU) and if anyone is interested then PM me.

I`m still hoping bass will improve because atm they have had only ~1h playtime. But I really like big soundstage and separation / transparency they are offering. Pity if I have to give it up because bass.


Edited by CoiL - 11/21/14 at 10:08am
post #135 of 2366
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiL View Post
 

Got my HAVI B3 Pro1 today.

 

One question - does bass department improve with play-in ? For me bass seems to be too laid back / recessed. I`m no way basshead but prefer tinybit extended bass. B3 seem to be VERY neutral and bass department gives no emotion to me. If bass doesn`t improve, then these are going for sale (inside EU) and if anyone is interested then PM me.

I`m still hoping bass will improve because atm they have had only ~1h playtime. But I really like big soundstage and separation / transparency they are offering. Pity if I have to give it up because bass.

Try different tips and use EQ. They take bass boost very well.

 

Use an amp as well. It needs a lot of power to drive the low frequencies.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: