or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 - Page 38  

post #556 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgajet View Post

Hell yeah we want shirts!
+1
post #557 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by third_eye View Post

 

lol, I know.......we should have the T-Shirt designs up shortly! 

 

Can we get a shirt with the tiny Jude design? The one that was in the finals for the UE custom plate contest at RMAF? I'd buy that.

 

:wink_face:

post #558 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

 

Can we get a shirt with the tiny Jude design? The one that was in the finals for the UE custom plate contest at RMAF? I'd buy that.

 

:wink_face:


hmm, a limited edition Jude T-Shirt. That would be really cool.

post #559 of 1339

I'm in for shirts!!!

post #560 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitary man View Post
 

Are we talking about name tags here? I HATE having to wear a name tag and always have. (I don't mind wearing a generic pass as needed). I thought this was two separate events in two separate locations, one business and one social. I wanted to go there more on a research mission, not to party. If name tags are absolutely required, can I give a pseudonym to be printed perhaps or at very least a first name only?


Well, I really like the social part of these events and that is why I travel so far to get to them.  There are a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable people at these events and I WANT to see and talk to them.  They have helped me feel welcome and at home and learn more about this hobby.

 

That being said no one is going to force you to participate in the social part, but you will need to forgive us if some of us try to talk to you, as we are just trying to be friendly and helpful. Just be patient with us and let us know you do not want to socialize. I, for one, will understand and leave you alone.

post #561 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitary man View Post
 

Are we talking about name tags here? I HATE having to wear a name tag and always have. (I don't mind wearing a generic pass as needed). I thought this was two separate events in two separate locations, one business and one social. I wanted to go there more on a research mission, not to party. If name tags are absolutely required, can I give a pseudonym to be printed perhaps or at very least a first name only?

 

LOL. Not to worry, you will be able to customize your name badge to either first name or head-fi name.

post #562 of 1339

SolitaryMan, a good way to think about CanJam is to imagine that it is just like Head-Fi... only in real life.  :smile:


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #563 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 


Well, I really like the social part of these events and that is why I travel so far to get to them.  There are a lot of very friendly and knowledgeable people at these events and I WANT to see and talk to them.  They have helped me feel welcome and at home and learn more about this hobby.

 

That being said no one is going to force you to participate in the social part, but you will need to forgive us if some of us try to talk to you, as we are just trying to be friendly and helpful. Just be patient with us and let us know you do not want to socialize. I, for one, will understand and leave you alone.

I have no problem with the standard cordial customs and all that and offers of help if needed. I'm just not a seeker of parties and such. I'm just more sense of purpose minded or focused I guess. Pretty boring person to most other folks, but that's how I'm wired. Except when it comes to music. I feel music as well as listen. I tend to listen with my whole being.

post #564 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitary man View Post
 

I have no problem with the standard cordial customs and all that and offers of help if needed. I'm just not a seeker of parties and such. I'm just more sense of purpose minded or focused I guess. Pretty boring person to most other folks, but that's how I'm wired. Except when it comes to music. I feel music as well as listen. I tend to listen with my whole being.


Well then there should be no issues, as there are plenty of us like that that will be there.  Just wanted to reassure you that this is a very good group of people to talk audio with.  Some of that talk is during the event and some is over a good meal or kicked back with a good beverage...:beerchug:(rootbeer, whiskey, beer, coffee, etc.)

post #565 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

SolitaryMan, a good way to think about CanJam is to imagine that it is just like Head-Fi... only in real life.  :smile:

Well, I'm not really familiar with Head-Fi actually. I just came in to ask a question and found out about CanJam seeing that there is no way to physically demo headphones in my area. I've learned that Can Jam is basically the only opportunity, so you had better get all your physical homework done there.

I'm not an audiophile and not into headphones per se'. I view them as necessary evils so to speak and I just happen to want to look into maybe upgrading what I have or more importantly fixing the issue I am having with my current cans which may not be the cans themselves, but what I am plugging into. The only problem I foresee is trying to decipher which is true.

post #566 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 


Well then there should be no issues, as there are plenty of us like that that will be there.  Just wanted to reassure you that this is a very good group of people to talk audio with.  Some of that talk is during the event and some is over a good meal or kicked back with a good beverage...:beerchug:(rootbeer, whiskey, beer, coffee, etc.)

Well that stands to reason. Like I said though, I can't talk headphones because I don't know much about them and have no interest really. I'm more into music and such. I don't like talking about gear when I can avoid it, especially cables. I HATE cables more than anything I think. 

post #567 of 1339

Dont worry, its not a party, there's no dj blasting some club music, there's no drugs or drink.  Its mainly vendors showing off and trying to sell you their product.

And yes, this is probably the only way to demo most of the higher end headphone gear out there.  Its not like BestBuy has stax or audezee.

post #568 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocCap View Post
 

Dont worry, its not a party, there's no dj blasting some club music, there's no drugs or drink.  Its mainly vendors showing off and trying to sell you their product.

And yes, this is probably the only way to demo most of the higher end headphone gear out there.  Its not like BestBuy has stax or audezee.

Exactly. Hell, BestBuy doesn't even carry Senns! Plenty of over-priced Beats crap if you want though.

post #569 of 1339
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitary man View Post
 

Exactly. Hell, BestBuy doesn't even carry Senns! Plenty of over-priced Beats crap if you want though.

 

You and I shop at very different Best Buys, then. My local store sells Sennheiser headphones in both the normal personal audio section and the Magnolia Home Theater area.

post #570 of 1339

AKG as well

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked