post #1 of 1
Thread Starter


These 2 soundcards have an "amplified headphone out" and a "front speaker out"...


Is the "front speaker out" the same as a standard "Line out"?


eg. can I connect my speaker amp (NAD 326bee) to the "front speaker out" with an adapter to use for films / music etc. through my speakers, and also connect my headphones to the "amplified headphone out" and use this for my headphones, so that I can switch via software without having to change any wires around, for example most soundcards have a joint "headphone out / line out" but some cards like the ones above have separate "amplified headphone out" and "front speaker out" so I am guessing I can use the front speaker out to my headphone amp with a 3.5mm > RCA adapter? S0 this would work similar to the RCA OUT on my Xonar STX? Or is it some kind of thing that only works with standard 2.0 / 2.1 PC speakers or in a 5.1 pc speakers setup?


5 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In/Mic In, Line Out (speakers with 3.5 > RCA adapter), Headphone(headphones) ??

Edited by nicholars - 10/31/14 at 6:35am