or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread - Page 44

post #646 of 1981
Thread Starter 

A little late to the party, but the thread OP has officially joined the MSR7 club! Got a nice fitting case from Audio Technica to go with it too.

 

 

Sounds really high end out of my iFi Micro iDSD and HDP-R10. Wonderfully balanced and refined sounding. Awesome! :) 

post #647 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala6 View Post

A little late to the party, but the thread OP has officially joined the MSR7 club! Got a nice fitting case from Audio Technica to go with it too.




Sounds really high end out of my iFi Micro iDSD and HDP-R10. Wonderfully balanced and refined sounding. Awesome! smily_headphones1.gif  

What case is this? I mean, from which AT model? Looking good!
post #648 of 1981
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post

What case is this? I mean, from which AT model? Looking good!
Thanks! I was told by the AT sales rep that the case was made for the MSR7. Not sure if it is possible to purchase online though...
post #649 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by episiarch View Post
Also if there are any Ety-heads in the house who have heard these, I'd be very curious about how they compare to ER-4S.

I don't think that would be a fair comparison, because ER-4S slaughters mostly all dynamic headphones:bigsmile_face:

post #650 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala6 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post

What case is this? I mean, from which AT model? Looking good!
Thanks! I was told by the AT sales rep that the case was made for the MSR7. Not sure if it is possible to purchase online though...
How did you go about getting it?
post #651 of 1981
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

How did you go about getting it?
I got it together with the MSR7 at an IT Convention in my country, where Audio Technica had set up a booth. It is probably a not-for-sale promotional bundled item, but the rep was kind enough to let me purchase it separately (for $20). tongue.gif

Anyway, seems like the ANC9 case that hte80 has is almost exactly the same as mine.
post #652 of 1981

Hello guys! You might be my saviours this day! I have a question about the MSR7 vs the M70X. I want to buy one of those. I will be using them EVERYWHERE. On the bus, on the train, the bike... 

 

So my question is; Which one is the better headphone for my needs?

 

I really like treble headphones. I am a treble head. I had the SRH 840 and that is not the sound I am looking for. Too warm. 

 

Now. Would you recommend the MSR7 or the M70x for a treble head like me? 

 

Thanks! 

 

EDIT: And how would these compare (The MSR7) to an AKG K550? Or K545. 


Edited by iCupboard - 3/22/15 at 5:55pm
post #653 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCupboard View Post
 

Hello guys! You might be my saviours this day! I have a question about the MSR7 vs the M70X. I want to buy one of those. I will be using them EVERYWHERE. On the bus, on the train, the bike... 

 

So my question is; Which one is the better headphone for my needs?

 

I really like treble headphones. I am a treble head. I had the SRH 840 and that is not the sound I am looking for. Too warm. 

 

Now. Would you recommend the MSR7 or the M70x for a treble head like me? 

 

Thanks! 

 

EDIT: And how would these compare (The MSR7) to an AKG K550? Or K545. 

Dsnuts and Tyll say the MSR7 has some of the best treble and resolution they have ever heard. If you are a treblehead then it would probably fit you very well.

post #654 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCupboard View Post
 

Hello guys! You might be my saviours this day! I have a question about the MSR7 vs the M70X. I want to buy one of those. I will be using them EVERYWHERE. On the bus, on the train, the bike... 

 

So my question is; Which one is the better headphone for my needs?

 

I really like treble headphones. I am a treble head. I had the SRH 840 and that is not the sound I am looking for. Too warm. 

 

Now. Would you recommend the MSR7 or the M70x for a treble head like me? 

 

Thanks! 

 

EDIT: And how would these compare (The MSR7) to an AKG K550? Or K545. 

Dsnuts and Tyll say the MSR7 has some of the best treble and resolution they have ever heard. If you are a treblehead then it would probably fit you very well.

 

Yeah, and add "twister6" to that list too :D  MSR7 is simply my go-to pair of cans now, using it exclusively.  Can't compare it to AKG since I don't have it, but my M70x review on head-fi had comprehensive comparison to M50x and MRS7.

 

Bottom line, MSR7 will put a big smile on any treble-head fan, and with a warmer source it will put a smile on everybody!

post #655 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

 

Yeah, and add "twister6" to that list too :D  MSR7 is simply my go-to pair of cans now, using it exclusively.  Can't compare it to AKG since I don't have it, but my M70x review on head-fi had comprehensive comparison to M50x and MRS7.

 

Bottom line, MSR7 will put a big smile on any treble-head fan, and with a warmer source it will put a smile on everybody!

Don't forget to add this man as well. I enjoy the treble enough to forgive the headphone for being very, oh so slightly sibilant to my ears (since I'm a bit treble sensitive in the frequencies that the ath-msr7s accentuate).

 

Hopefully, you guys will be able to read my review on the signature acoustic in-ear monitor series by tomorrow (or a bit later). Those earphones are actually decent for the price, especially at the asking $30-40 price for both in-ears.


Edited by vlenbo - 3/22/15 at 10:02pm
post #656 of 1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala6 View Post


I got it together with the MSR7 at an IT Convention in my country, where Audio Technica had set up a booth. It is probably a not-for-sale promotional bundled item, but the rep was kind enough to let me purchase it separately (for $20). tongue.gif

Anyway, seems like the ANC9 case that hte80 has is almost exactly the same as mine.

how much was it (MSR7) at the IT show?

 

i got the case as a foc item when i bought mine from jaben. 

post #657 of 1981
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reizzz View Post

how much was it (MSR7) at the IT show?

i got the case as a foc item when i bought mine from jaben. 
It was at regular retail price (SG$278) but it came with free sports earphones and tote bag. Yeah, I think they had the case as a free bundled item during MSR7's launch a few months ago.
post #658 of 1981
Oh what..it's only 278sgd? It was 299au... And aud is almost 1:1 with sg atm...getting ripped off...should have waited and get in sg..also no extras here...\

Btw, how was the case like, did it also have the moulded part etc? Just out of curiosity...
Edited by hte80 - 3/23/15 at 3:22am
post #659 of 1981
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hte80 View Post

Oh what..it's only 278sgd? It was 299au... And aud is almost 1:1 with sg atm...getting ripped off...should have waited and get in sg..also no extras here...\

Btw, how was the case like, did it also have the moulded part etc? Just out of curiosity...
Yeah, Audio Technica's prices here have been getting pretty cheap lately, sometimes even lower than Japanese retail prices. biggrin.gif

My case looks pretty similar to yours, except that it doesn't have the moulded part inside and the front of the case has the word 'audio-technica' instead of just a logo. I'll try to post more pictures of the case on Wednesday.
Edited by lalala6 - 3/23/15 at 6:12am
post #660 of 1981

I can get the MSR7 for 200 euros. I don't know if that is a good price. :/ But you guys make me quite sure about what headphone to get! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread