Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread - Page 11

post #151 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
 

Just a note to encourage owners to try the tuning dots.  It's a very easy way to "roll" your headphone to get the best synergy with your gear and ear, and it's easy to try.

 

My experience is there's a clear difference created by the interaction between DACs, amps, cables and headphones and the dots can really make a material change by optimizing synergy with your system. Too bright, add 1 or 2 dots, too dark, take them out.  

 

As a sonic benchmark, I am tuning Alpha Primes using a Cavalli Liquid Crimson with a Schitt Gungnir DAC.  It's not a bright setup, very neutral to possibly a little dark, and most headphones are coming out with 0 or 1 dot per side. 

 

While a number of our customers have summit-gear many others have portable systems or simply brighter gear, so spending a little time to optimize may really pay off in optimizing your system.  

 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.  


Ah.  Now I know my endgame set-up.  And I'm not kidding- I've had both of these on my radar.  Well, maybe the Schiit Yggy instead of the Gungnir.

post #152 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljacker View Post

Just ordered the Alpha Prime with a Lyr 2 and Bifrost uber analog usb from Sonority Audio in the Netherlands.
They have the AP in stock, will problably have it at the end of the week or early next week, excited wink.gif

I can't find them on there. What is the price in euros?
post #153 of 2588
And Dan, did the UK distributor get any stock? I'm still interested in these, but would prefer to buy them from a bit closer to home.
post #154 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


I can't find them on there. What is the price in euros?

http://www.mrspeakers-europe.com/index.php/producten/headphones.html

 

849 euro

post #155 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

And Dan, did the UK distributor get any stock? I'm still interested in these, but would prefer to buy them from a bit closer to home.

https://mrspeakers.com/where-to-buy/

post #156 of 2588
Quote:

They don't have them in stock. They're just taking pre-orders. In fact, they've just informed me that no customer worldwide has received the Alpha Prime yet lol. Thanks for the link though.
post #157 of 2588

I'm not aware of a UK distributor or retailer for these...?  I'd love to see highendheadphones.co.uk as stockists as they seem to offer excellent demo facilities. Although, perhaps for a low volume headphone like the AP, having demo units isn't feasible.  Still, it's good to see that the EU price from MrSpeakers-Europe is comparable to the US price..good stuff.  This is not always the case (particularly, in my experience, for the UK).

post #158 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalhead View Post

I'm not aware of a UK distributor or retailer for these...?  I'd love to see highendheadphones.co.uk as stockists as they seem to offer excellent demo facilities. Although, perhaps for a low volume headphone like the AP, having demo units isn't feasible.  Still, it's good to see that the EU price from MrSpeakers-Europe is comparable to the US price..good stuff.  This is not always the case (particularly, in my experience, for the UK).

The UK dealer is Electromod. He doesn't update his site that often so I was just wondering if Dan knew whether he had any stock. I know the standard Alphas cost £520 which is rather a lot given the exchange rate, so I'm wondering if buying from the mainland would be a more cost-effective option.
post #159 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


The UK dealer is Electromod. He doesn't update his site that often so I was just wondering if Dan knew whether he had any stock. I know the standard Alphas cost £520 which is rather a lot given the exchange rate, so I'm wondering if buying from the mainland would be a more cost-effective option.

 

Thanks Tony.  If the Alphas are £520 then I fear the Primes could be in the region of £700 - £800. At least we have the EU option...well, until our esteemed leader decides to leave the EU of course :rolleyes:.

post #160 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalhead View Post

Thanks Tony.  If the Alphas are £520 then I fear the Primes could be in the region of £700 - £800. At least we have the EU option...well, until our esteemed leader decides to leave the EU of course rolleyes.gif .

I ordered my Alphas from Dan and they came to £480 after import fees. I fear the Primes, when they finally make it over here, will cost even more than your estimate. I'm thinking somewhere in the region of £850 - though I hope I'm wrong.
post #161 of 2588

The eagle has landed!  Time to get some listening in while I work today.

 

post #162 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post


The UK dealer is Electromod. He doesn't update his site that often so I was just wondering if Dan knew whether he had any stock. I know the standard Alphas cost £520 which is rather a lot given the exchange rate, so I'm wondering if buying from the mainland would be a more cost-effective option.

can't find mr speakers product on their website anymore. 

 

but typical UK business model... 599 USD turns in 520GBP....  even import duty and VAT is around 20 odd %, then shipping cant possibly cost that much....  

 

then they will go on about all these warranty, local shop bah bah bah...

 

my guess is alpha prime probably 950....

 

at some point, it will be cheaper to fly to US, buy it there then fly back... abit like those onkyo AV amp.... in UK is £2000, but in far east, they are throwing them out around 1k.... 

post #163 of 2588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post

can't find mr speakers product on their website anymore. 

but typical UK business model... 599 USD turns in 520GBP....  even import duty and VAT is around 20 odd %, then shipping cant possibly cost that much....  

then they will go on about all these warranty, local shop bah bah bah...

my guess is alpha prime probably 950....

at some point, it will be cheaper to fly to US, buy it there then fly back... abit like those onkyo AV amp.... in UK is £2000, but in far east, they are throwing them out around 1k.... 

You're right. They seem to have stopped selling them.

I don't think they'll ever get as high as £950 because no one in their right mind would pay it. Importing them from the States would come to approximately £750.
post #164 of 2588
post #165 of 2588
Dan sent out a e-mail, I can now send in my Alpha Dogs to be modified/ upgraded. Looks like my Beyerdynamic Dt 880, 600 ohm headphones will have to keep me company, till my prime's come back.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread