A little more initial impressions to add on.
1. The Legend R seems to cover characteristics of my old JH13 (pre FP), Heir Audio 8a, some bit of UM Legacy and CustomArt H8 pro.
2. The details are very high, perhaps the highest i've heard on an 8-driver iem.
3. The smoothness of the presentation is comparable to Rooth's LS10 and Noble's K10 (demos i heard).
4. The bass quantity is very healthy (and smooth), there's plenty of it when the music has it, and can feel the sub-bass when it hits.
But when it hits, the weight touches and pulls back, making them non-fatiguing. It reminds me of Stax 009 bass, somewhat similar.
5. The highs goes all the way up effortlessly.
6. Decay on key instruments is closer to Fitear TG334 characteristics.
7. Vocals have very good layering, detail and emotions.
The Legend R adopts the tonality of the player it is attached to.
For those who have experience with Fiio X5 and Hifiman HM-901, the Legend R would blend its characteristics with the player's presentation and tonality. very interesting find.
That's casually what i can put together for now.
And they're really based on my ears and my recollection of the others i've heard recently.
As with any impressions, it's may vary from ear to ear. :)
Edited by kenz - 12/7/14 at 2:18am