or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio WA-8
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio WA-8 - Page 16

post #226 of 511

perhaps if i'm lucky, i'll get mine in 2 weeks too :)

post #227 of 511

Does anyone have theirs?  Does anyone carry theirs with them? I'm looking to purchase end of this year, beginning of next for my Birthday/Christmas present. I would like to get a nice Pelican style case to carry this and my headphones (currently the Audeze EL8, but upgrading to LCD-X or LCD-3). Thoughts?

post #228 of 511

Mmm....I plan to carry it.........as a transpotable amp/dac. I do not foresee any inconvenience given that I am used to transporting the chord tt and headphones in my camera backpack (roomy, reconfigurable divisions) to anywhere I go when the spirit moves me. Small price to pay for headfi nirvana.

post #229 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTooCrazy View Post
 

Does anyone have theirs?  Does anyone carry theirs with them? I'm looking to purchase end of this year, beginning of next for my Birthday/Christmas present. I would like to get a nice Pelican style case to carry this and my headphones (currently the Audeze EL8, but upgrading to LCD-X or LCD-3). Thoughts?

 

I think I saw in a video somewhere, that a Pelican case is included...

 

edit - I saw it here at the 10:08 mark.  And a quite glowing review.

 


Edited by ButtUglyJeff - 6/5/16 at 12:21pm
post #230 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
 

 

I think I saw in a video somewhere, that a Pelican case is included...

 

edit - I saw it here at the 10:08 mark.  And a quite glowing review.

 

 

Yes, but I was looking to do one that will house the WA8 and 1-2 full size headphones. It is for when I travel with the entire rig. I'm hoping to eventually get meets together in my area, and I would like to travel with this rig.

post #231 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTooCrazy View Post
 

Yes, but I was looking to do one that will house the WA8 and 1-2 full size headphones. It is for when I travel with the entire rig. I'm hoping to eventually get meets together in my area, and I would like to travel with this rig.

 

Check this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/801369/woo-audio-wa8-review-head-fi-tv/210#post_12563926
 

post #232 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8soundz View Post
 

 

Check this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/801369/woo-audio-wa8-review-head-fi-tv/210#post_12563926
 


Perfect! Thank you!

post #233 of 511

mmm........my long-awaited WA8 is on its way. Courier tracking shows it is now at Changi International at 10:47 PM. Two more days and my newest baby will be here. Hopefully, it doesn't get held up at Customs here for long.

post #234 of 511
Anybody who purchased directly from Woo getting shipping notifications yet?
post #235 of 511

mmm....pre-ordered the Black WA8 ages ago...........waiting waiting.......it is finally here!

 

 

 

Mmmm.....surprise!! Somewhere along the way black turned into gold! SurPRIZE!

 

 

Mmmmm.....gorgeous amp! Gorgeous, glorious tube sound! It is love at first hear!

post #236 of 511

Nice!

 

I assume they didn't charge you extra for the gold? Perhaps to make up for the delay.......
 

post #237 of 511

Mmm.....no extra charge. I was given the option to wait another 2 weeks or so for the black unit. Ah.....No, nyet, nein.......send send now now!

post #238 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by raypin View Post
 

Mmm.....no extra charge. I was given the option to wait another 2 weeks or so for the black unit. Ah.....No, nyet, nein.......send send now now!

 

Can't wait to read your impressions of it versus the CDM.
 

post #239 of 511

Mmm........love, love, love the fit and finish of the WA8 Eclipse. Really top-notch quality. I really like edges that's been shaved smooth. So pleasant to touch unlike the sharp edges of the CDM. One thing though: on the next iteration of the Eclipse, please reposition the line-in port  to the bottom instead of the top of the chassis. Many of us have short interconnects and the Eclipse is meant to be used in an upright position and in conjunction with DAPs.  So, now I have to lay it on its side (glass side up) to make use of my DAP interconnects. It gets hot, hot, hot (3-tube mode) but still tolerable to the touch. it is heavy but no big deal. I don't mind carrying it for on the go listening.

post #240 of 511
So, the HD800S and WA8 is a good pairing? I'm looking to upgrade to either the HD800S or LCD-X to go with my WA8.

Then again, I wonder how the EL-8 open pairs until I upgrade?
Edited by WayTooCrazy - 6/8/16 at 1:55am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio WA-8